5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Moby Wrap
Before the Sleepy Wrap (aka Boba Wrap), I used the Moby Wrap. The Moby was great because it was comfortable, machine washable, and easy to take the baby in-and-out. The Moby was not great because the fabric strip seemed ridiculously long, felt heavy, baggy, and difficult to bring along in my backpack (which I converted into a diaper bag).

When I first saw the...
Published on October 19, 2011 by BeGreen

1.0 out of 5 stars So-so
The material is so flexible that I cannot get it to wrap tightly. It stretches so much that my baby drops considerably even after only 5-10 min of wearing it. It doesn't feel safe and secure to me so I will not be using it at all anymore. My baby is almost 3 months old and even at 12lbs, she felt too heavy for this wrap.
Published on January 20, 2013 by Havenjo

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Moby Wrap, October 19, 2011
BeGreen (san jose, ca) - See all my reviews

When I first saw the Sleepy Wrap online, I was very curious on the differences. Since I liked my Moby, I just had to try the Sleepy Wrap.

Sleepy Wrap vs. Moby Wrap:
PRO:
-The Sleepy fabric is shorter and lighter than the Moby. With all the stuff I carry in my backpack, I love how the Sleepy takes up less space than the Moby. When wearing the Sleepy, I feel less anchored down and I don't feel like I'm swimming in fabric like the Moby. The Sleepy is out of my way while driving because it hugs my body.
-Sleepy fabric is stretchy. You wear the Sleepy fairly tightly around your body to keep the baby snugly against your body.
-The Sleepy Wrap comes with a travel bag larger than the Moby Wrap travel bag, making it easier to stuff the wrap into the travel bag when rushing through the day.

CON:
-Because the Sleepy fabric is so stretchy, you need to make sure the fabric is snug around your body so that baby isn't sagging down or bouncing too much in the carrier.
-Limited colors/design choices. Considering that the Sleepy seems like an improvement from the Moby, the Sleepy Wrap manufacturer should offer more choices in colors/patterns/designs or else the Sleepy Wrap may just look like a knockoff of Moby.
-Machine washable, but it is encouraged to spot clean rather than machine wash. Most likely because the washing machine will damage the elasticity of the fabric. So, you'll have to spot clean this carrier.

CONCLUSION:
Sleepy Wrap is better than the Moby Wrap.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver, February 24, 2010
I received the Sleepy Wrap as a baby shower gift, and it has proven itself to be a fantastic product. My son is currently 4 months old, and he is a frequent eater (breastfeeds every 1-2 hours) who takes very few daytime naps. He also wants to be held constantly and cries if laid down or left alone too long. The Sleepy Wrap is the only way I can get him to nap longer than 30 minutes during the day! He will often sleep for 2-3 hours in the wrap, waking for a snack and then back off to sleep. I'm a full-time student taking classes online, and I can study and surf the internet with baby wrapped against me! It's the only way I can get things done during the day. If you are a fan of Attachment Parenting, this product is perfect.

I also use the Wrap when going out and about. I simply put the wrap on at home, then transfer him into the wrap from the car seat and carry him with me in stores, at the mall, etc. He either looks around happily or sleeps peacefully. A much better alternative than carrying a carseat, lugging along a stroller, or finding a shopping cart to place the carseat into. The Wrap is extremely comfortable when standing or walking, and I have no problems with back or neck pain while carrying my son, who is currently 15 lbs.

My son was developing a flat spot on his head, and one of the ways I helped treat this was by keeping him in the Wrap. There is no external pressure on his head, so it's much better than laying him in a swing, bouncer or crib.

I can even breastfeed my son in the Wrap. The website says no repositioning is required, but I find that I do have to reposition my son, from side to side and sometimes further down my chest, in order to feed him. It is not a completely discreet way to feed, so I use my Jelly Bean nursing cover over it.

If you have a fussy or needy baby, I highly recommend getting this wrap. We also have a Baby Bjorn, which my husband often wears, and he prefers the Sleepy Wrap for both his and baby's comfort.

The only con of the Sleepy Wrap is that it takes practice to put it on just right, but after about a dozen times it becomes second nature. Also, as I mentioned above, I do have to reposition him to nurse, which often leaves the Wrap stretched and I have to re-wrap it in order to get the snug fit I desire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far exceeds the Moby, January 2, 2012
Momtotwo (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
For all of those thinking the Moby is the greatest thing ever, the Sleepy Wrap takes things up a notch. It works just like the Moby, there are no buckles to dig into your chest or back. However the Sleepy Wrap is 5% spandex!!! What a difference a little spandex makes. You never have to guess how tight to wrap it to make room for your baby. Just stretch it snug around your body and it will stretch more for your baby! There is always more stretch to it but it never gets "worn out." You also never have to rewrap or readjust when you take your baby out to ride in the car, change their diaper, etc. The quality and comfort of the Sleepy Wrap is amazing as well. It is 95% cotton, so it still breathes well, and is soooo soft. It washes very well, and after a year of use it still looks new. I washed it when I bought it and it did shrink a little, but it was perfect because it is very long. The little bit of shrinking it did made the "leftover wrap" that hung not so long. I used it almost daily the first year. We chose to use a convertible car seat instead of an infant carrier. Studies are showing that wearing your baby instead of leaving them in the car seat is far better for their spine. Not only that but they love to be snuggled next to you! My daughter always slept in the Sleepy Wrap, which made grocery trips and dinners out much nicer for us. She felt safe and secure, and I knew she was as well. I loved how you can place some of the shoulder strap over the back and sides of their head and that keeps strangers from wanting to touch your newborn. I was also never worried about her falling. I always kept a hand under her just incase, but there are just those moments when you have to have both hands and this was wonderful! She is now 20 months and I miss this thing! It comes with a handy carry bag and a booklet to show you the basic wraps. However if you find time to play with this you will find infinate ways to wear your baby. The Sleepy Wrap is the best by far in the baby wearing items, and just the right price too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for newborns-and new mommies!, December 13, 2013
Such a great product! My newborn girl loves being in it almost all day, I love how it keeps her close, all snuggled and right against me. Any time she gets fussy, I put her in it and she settles down. Once I learned how to tie it around me, it takes about 30 seconds to put it on. By far this is the best purchase I made for her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Allows for multi-tasking while keeping an eye on baby wherever you are, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Original Sleepy Wrap Baby Carrier (Gray) (Baby Product)
I use the wrap around the house so that I can cook, clean, etc. while my baby sleeps and can keep an eye on her. I can also breastfeed with it then allow my baby to fall asleep in the wrap. I usually wear a camisole with it and the wrap keeps my shoulders and upper arms warm. I recommend only put one layer of clothing (i.e. short-sleeved onesie/bodysuit) on your baby when using the wrap so that your baby doesn't get too warm. This is great for babies who always want to be close to their mommies and daddies :)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Baby and I Both LOVE Our Sleepy Wrap!, December 5, 2010
I ordered our Sleepy Wrap a little over a week after my little guy was born. He was (and still is) a gassy boy and always liked to be held upright; in the beginning, it seemed that was the only way he would nap (unless he was nursing)!! The Sleepy Wrap was wonderful for both in the house and when we were out and about. He would cry and scream in his carseat in the stores, but almost never a peep came out of him when he was snuggled next to Mommy in the Sleepy Wrap! He is now a big 20 pound 6 month old and we still use it (just today at the grocery store, in fact; he fell asleep for half the trip :)).

It does take a little getting used to putting it on and takes a few minutes to get on and adjust, but is SO worth it! I like to put it on me before we leave the house and then put him in it while sitting in the back seat of my car. I do want to say that you should not worry about wrapping it on too tight; it has such great stretch that, even if you put it on as tight as you can on yourself, and it seems there is no way you will get your little one in there...don't worry, you will. It takes some adjusting, but the more snug it is, the more comfortable it is for me and my little man.

This is definitely one of our BEST baby purchases!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, takes practice, April 15, 2010
I tried several carriers, slings and wraps and found this one to be the best for me. Although short, I am heavyset and have very lg breasts, which made most other options uncomfortable quickly, if not immediately. However, the elasticity and technique to use this one makes it extremely comfortable to wear for long periods of time. It did take me a few tries to get it quickly and securely, and doing it outside w/o letting the ends trail took a few more, but after that it was simple. Although I have been lucky to have a very happy and calm baby, it just adds to my ability to function in a day, play with my older child and generally be more active.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is ver similar to all the other wraps available but the price was MUCH better. I have to say without this I don't ..., October 15, 2014
I was told about this wrap by another mom. This is ver similar to all the other wraps available but the price was MUCH better. I have to say without this I don't know what I would have done! I got it for my 3 week old at the time...she is a little fussy, insists on being held most of the time and doesn't like to lay down. This wrap allowed me to keep her close the way she likes it but I was able to be hands free and actually get some things done. She feels very secure in it and tight so I don't worry about her falling out or slipping. Might be the best product I've bought so far for my little one and my self! Definitely recommend for all moms!

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the Moby, October 6, 2010
I purchased the sleepy wrap as a second wrap next to the Moby. But this one is much better. You don't have to estimate how loose to tie it, because it's so stretchy. In comparison with the Moby, which is much ticker and stiffer, it's really easy to wear and much more comfortable. The only thing I would criticize is that the seams don't seem to hold very long. They loosen in several places after 3 weeks of use. Overall I would definetly recommend the sleepy wrap.

1.0 out of 5 stars So-so, January 20, 2013

Original Sleepy Wrap Baby Carrier (Gray)
Out of stock