4.0 out of 5 stars Great telescope for anyone!
This is a really good scope. It is really lightweight and easy to transport. It doesn't wiggle too much and works good on a small outdoor table. Even with city lights impeding our view of the stars, this telescope was able to capture the light of stars that we could not see. I highly recommend this.
Published 11 months ago by ritastew

3.0 out of 5 stars Spotter scope needs QC
The scope would receive 5 stars if spotter scope actually worked. Kudos to Amazon for replacing scope in 1 day. Boo on having to call again when 2nd spotter scope didn't work either. Orion is in process of sending working EZ II spotter scope, hopefully this will work. Funscope is great beginner or second scope to take on trips. Decent optical for viewing moon and planets.
Published 2 months ago by Mickey B

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great telescope for anyone!, December 2, 2013
ritastew "NC Family" (Fayetteville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orion 10033 FunScope 76mm TableTop Reflector Telescope Moon Kit (Blue) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, December 27, 2013
This is an awesome telescope, it is just perfect for beginner's. If you want to buy a telescope for anyone or just yourself I would HIGHLY reccomend this one. It includes a sort of stand on the bottom so if you want to use a tripod you can just clip it on. PLUS it is one of the top ten recommended telescopes. And it isnt even that expensive!!! HIGHLT RECCOMENDED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, easy to use, February 8, 2014
Just received our Funscope; had it set up before dark and enjoy it immensely. As amateur stargazers, we have a more complex & cumbersome telescope that we can't figure out and that we don't use. It'll go to the Goodwill tomorrow; this one is a keeper.
If you have kids, it would be great for them too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing customer support, January 28, 2014
The telescope is easy and fun to use (just 2 days ago we looked at the Jupiter and its moons :)

However, my review is not so much of the telescope itself, but rather of the customer support and the way the company stands behind its products. I called the Orion customer support twice. The first time I called them soon after getting the telescope - the manual implied there should be a special bolt to control the azimuth movement of the telescope, and I thought it's missing. It turned out the manual was not updated on the current design, and the bolt was actually hidden in the base of the telescope, but they sent me a spare copy of that (existing) bolt anyway.

The second time I called them yesterday, when the red-dot finder stopped working (even after replacing the battery :) They didn't grill me if I'm using it correctly or incorrectly, just asked me to send them a copy of the Amazon order and shipped me a replacement red-dot finder, no questions asked. I got it today (effectively the next business day :) OK, they're located in the same state, so the shipping speed is understandable, but I was nonetheless amazed at the ease of the process. After I got the replacement, I had to call them again to double-check if I'm using it correctly - I talked to two representatives, a generalist and a support technician, and both appeared very knowledgeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 21, 2014
We purchased this telescope for our 9 year old daughter. It's a fantastic entry level telescope that is not a toy. Great packaging in a box that can be used to transport it. We are looking forward to using it all summer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for Kids, April 9, 2014
This is a great intro telescope for kids. It will not show you the great details of a more expensive telescope, but is great for its intended audience. For kids, it is very user friendly and sturdy. It is very easy to set up and very easy to site in on the moon or planets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a 7-year-old, January 13, 2014
Reasonable price and good quality for what it is. It's not a super powerful telescope, but doesn't claim to be. We're having fun with it. Recommend buying the $20 moon filter as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st telescope, March 15, 2014
hello--got this for my 11 yr old grand daughter! she just loves it and takes it with her to her friends houses when doing the sleep over thing. a super great value to see if ur child likes astronomy and following the stars !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little scope around!!, August 14, 2014
What an excellent scope! Perfect for any beginner who wants an amazing night sky experience! The moon is absolutely spectacular! I've also been able to view Saturn, Mars and many wonderful star formations

3.0 out of 5 stars Spotter scope needs QC, September 11, 2014