Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 8, 2014
Just received our Funscope; had it set up before dark and enjoy it immensely. As amateur stargazers, we have a more complex & cumbersome telescope that we can't figure out and that we don't use. It'll go to the Goodwill tomorrow; this one is a keeper.
If you have kids, it would be great for them too.
on December 2, 2013
This is a really good scope. It is really lightweight and easy to transport. It doesn't wiggle too much and works good on a small outdoor table. Even with city lights impeding our view of the stars, this telescope was able to capture the light of stars that we could not see. I highly recommend this.
on January 28, 2014
The telescope is easy and fun to use (just 2 days ago we looked at the Jupiter and its moons :)

However, my review is not so much of the telescope itself, but rather of the customer support and the way the company stands behind its products. I called the Orion customer support twice. The first time I called them soon after getting the telescope - the manual implied there should be a special bolt to control the azimuth movement of the telescope, and I thought it's missing. It turned out the manual was not updated on the current design, and the bolt was actually hidden in the base of the telescope, but they sent me a spare copy of that (existing) bolt anyway.

The second time I called them yesterday, when the red-dot finder stopped working (even after replacing the battery :) They didn't grill me if I'm using it correctly or incorrectly, just asked me to send them a copy of the Amazon order and shipped me a replacement red-dot finder, no questions asked. I got it today (effectively the next business day :) OK, they're located in the same state, so the shipping speed is understandable, but I was nonetheless amazed at the ease of the process. After I got the replacement, I had to call them again to double-check if I'm using it correctly - I talked to two representatives, a generalist and a support technician, and both appeared very knowledgeable.
on December 27, 2013
This is an awesome telescope, it is just perfect for beginner's. If you want to buy a telescope for anyone or just yourself I would HIGHLY reccomend this one. It includes a sort of stand on the bottom so if you want to use a tripod you can just clip it on. PLUS it is one of the top ten recommended telescopes. And it isnt even that expensive!!! HIGHLT RECCOMENDED.
on April 9, 2014
This is a great intro telescope for kids. It will not show you the great details of a more expensive telescope, but is great for its intended audience. For kids, it is very user friendly and sturdy. It is very easy to set up and very easy to site in on the moon or planets.
on January 21, 2014
We purchased this telescope for our 9 year old daughter. It's a fantastic entry level telescope that is not a toy. Great packaging in a box that can be used to transport it. We are looking forward to using it all summer!
on March 15, 2014
hello--got this for my 11 yr old grand daughter! she just loves it and takes it with her to her friends houses when doing the sleep over thing. a super great value to see if ur child likes astronomy and following the stars !
on May 31, 2015
I bought this to be our grab and go telescope. It's a real mixed bag. I really wanted to like it, but ultimately it is a disappointment. On the plus side, I was able to find a couple Messier objects. Granted, they were bright ones, but still better than cheap department store telescopes. I like that it has a super wide field of view due to its short focal length. It makes finding deep space objects a whole lot easier. That's the good and the reason for an extra star. It all fell apart however when the telescope was turned to the planets and moon. The optics are so out of alignment that anything bright, like a planet, appears as just a smear of light. The moon works a little better, but due to the misalignment, the focus is sharp on one side and fades towards the other. This would be easy to fix if the telescope had an adjustable primary mirror, but it doesn't. The mirror is actually just glued to the back of the telescope so there's no was to fix it. Orion markets this telescope as being best for lunar and planetary observation, but the one I got is the absolute opposite. I wish I would have saved the box or turned it towards Jupiter or Venus sooner. It would have definitely gone back. At least it was cheap, so I'm not out too much money.
on September 11, 2014
The scope would receive 5 stars if spotter scope actually worked. Kudos to Amazon for replacing scope in 1 day. Boo on having to call again when 2nd spotter scope didn't work either. Orion is in process of sending working EZ II spotter scope, hopefully this will work. Funscope is great beginner or second scope to take on trips. Decent optical for viewing moon and planets.
on January 13, 2014
Reasonable price and good quality for what it is. It's not a super powerful telescope, but doesn't claim to be. We're having fun with it. Recommend buying the $20 moon filter as well.