5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the Price, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Orion 5378 Paragon HD-F2 Heavy Duty Tripod (Electronics)
I bought this tripod to be used with the following equipment:

- Celestron Skymaster 15x70 (Perfect, you have to reinforce the tripod adapter that comes with bins otherwise too shaky, there are instructions in the web for doing this)

- Celestron Skymaster 20x80 (Perfect)

- Zhumell Tachyon 25x100 (These are VERY heavy but I am able to use them without too much hassle)

- Orion StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope (Very Good, You have to remove the head and attach the tabletop mount to the tripod or else buy some kind of adapter and ditch the tabletop and instead use the tripod head which should work better).

hope it helps...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tripod though heavy, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Orion 5378 Paragon HD-F2 Heavy Duty Tripod (Electronics)
I bought this tripod for digiscoping. I had tried a number of tripods before I stumbled across this one; I had given up because other tripods in my price range simply couldn't handle the weight of my spotting scope and camera. The one drawback is that the tripod is heavy, but I won't deduct stars because that's to be expected at this price point - decent carbon-fiber tripods cost hundreds of dollars. In addition, the weight helps to stabilize the tripod. I plan to take it on occasional short (1-3 mile max) walks/day hikes and I expect it to be a burden; it is definitely not for longer hikes or for backpacking.

Pluses: This tripod is very strong and sturdy indeed, and the head is more than capable of supporting scopes and heavy cameras even at extreme angles. There's a circular level. It's tall enough to be comfortable for my 6'2" brother to stand and look straight through a camera. The quick-release plate is very easy to use; this is a fantastic feature. Knobs, screws, and levers tighten securely. The feet are spiked on the end for rough terrain, and they also have rubber "boots" that can be lowered to provide stability on flat/hard surfaces and to protect vulnerable surfaces such as my hardwood floors. The legs and the knobs on the head have markings so that you can measure your adjustments.

All in all, this is a remarkable bargain. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This tripod is perfect for the camera and watching the stars at night, August 17, 2014
Tippy (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orion 5378 Paragon HD-F2 Heavy Duty Tripod (Electronics)
I live on a hill and I have birds galore in my back yard. I tempt them with food and flowers and new bushes and small trees, that I have planted since I moved here four years ago. I recently bought a camera and two pair of binoculars (one for birds and one for the sky at night). This tripod is perfect for the camera and watching the stars at night. I recommend this product 100%. It is heavy duty enough to handle even bigger equipment than I have. So no hassles for the equipment I own, even when I put the larger heavier lens on my camera. I love it, and for what I do I know you would too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tripod. Very Sturdy., August 5, 2014
This review is from: Orion 5378 Paragon HD-F2 Heavy Duty Tripod (Electronics)
Really nice quality. Very sturdy. Bought for Orion Giant View Binoculars. Worked perfectly with the binoculars, they are very heavy & it did a great job. Just a warning about shipping returns though, i had to return my binoculars because they were to large for my face… so i also decided to return the tripod. Shipping was about $30 to return tripod to Orion, because it wasn't amazon prime but amazon market place & the tripod weighs 11lbs with box etc. The tripod was so nice i almost kept it for some future use instead of wasting $30 bucks on return shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tripod, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Orion 5378 Paragon HD-F2 Heavy Duty Tripod (Electronics)
The tripod arrived in a timely manner. I mounted a Celestron spotting scope on it and it works beautifully. The adjustments on the head work well and the legs are substantial. The quality of the tripod is very good for the price. I am pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purdy sturdy, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Orion 5378 Paragon HD-F2 Heavy Duty Tripod (Electronics)
After going having several light-weight P.O.S. tripods fall apart on me over the years, I was very pleased with the apparent quality of this tripod. It's a fairly large, solid, hefty object; I wouldn't want to backpack it any distance, but I can see laying it in the back of a car during a bird outing. I bought it mainly for an indoor spotting scope, in hopes that it would not be knocked over easily by rampaging pets... so far it has met that expectation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Orion tri-pod, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Orion 5378 Paragon HD-F2 Heavy Duty Tripod (Electronics)
Use this on my spotting scope and it works very well. Solid and easy to transport. I use a bow case to transport the tri-pod and it fits and works good.

Rate and Discover Movies