5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
I took my 120mm Refractor out on a cold winter night, and screwed this bad boy in my 25mm 1.25" eyepiece. Pointed it at Orion's Nebulae and there was a big difference. It looks much brighter, and you do get more detail when using this filter. I live in a major city so, I'm glad i made this purchase.
Published on February 14, 2011 by Jason M.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure it's worth the money.
Published 17 months ago by Jah Redd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Orion 5654 1.25-Inch UltraBlock NarrowBand Filter (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Orion UltraBlock NarrowBand Filter, July 9, 2012
Finally had clear skies and used, for the first time, my new Orion UltraBlock NarrowBand Filter last night on my Celestron 8SE using a 17mm eyepiece. Plenty of urban light pollution. While it seemed to make viewing the Ring Nebula more difficult, it did bring out the form of the Swan Nebula (M-17), against a blacker sky. Without the filter, M-17 barely, or hardly appeared, as just a wispy cloud, against a star-filled grey sky. With the filter, there it was! Viewing with this filter was better than with the O-III filter.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure it's worth the money., September 15, 2013
Jah Redd (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I had an Amazon gift card to blow and I used it on this filter, thinking that if it could cut down on any light pollution at all (I live in Los Angeles), it would be worth it. Honestly, I'm not sure that it makes that much of a difference. It turns the objects I'm viewing a different color, but I wouldn't say that I can see things with the filter on that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Not that I was expecting a magic filter that snuffed out the lights of USA's 2nd largest city, but I really can't recommend this filter for its price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Orion UltraBlock Filter, January 15, 2013
I recommend this filter for any and all Nebula Hunters out there. I've used this on M42 and M43, and they look great (and bigger) vs. not using a filter.
Easy to install on EP (I have Stratus, Meade, and Expl Sc. Wide Angle), and easy to view....

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, January 13, 2015
Good filter

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, January 13, 2014
Didn't do very much with my XT8. Without this filter was the same if not better. Maybe this would be better on a different scope.

Orion 5654 1.25-Inch UltraBlock NarrowBand Filter