Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 34 questions
votes
Yes. You can see Saturn rings. Floor mount
Nov 22, 2013 by kristina snihurowych
votes
With an adapter of some kind you should be able to, but because of the added weight you will have to balance the telescope again with the camera attached. To use a DSLR you would need a T-Adapter and T-Ring I think. For a normal digital camera with a tripod mounting hole you can use something like a SteadyPix mount, but it is quite heavy and combined with the weight of the camera may be a bit too much for the focuser on the telescope. Also, this scope is a "slow" F/10.1, so it may not be ideal for astrophotography, but I have taken some pics with my phone attached to it and they aren't horrible, but they aren't anything special either (except to me, haha)
Apr 10, 2014 by Tobyus
vote
I don't know the exact measurement, but I'm 5' 5" and it's taller than me. If you'd like more exact measurements I can measure early next week.
Aug 27, 2014 by Rachel McDonald
vote
Well it really depends on what type of area you live in and what you are looking at. If you are in a light polluted city or are trying to see fainter objects then a dobsonian would help. If you want to look at fairly bright objects like planets, moon and terrestrial things then a refractor will be great for that.
Nov 22, 2012 by Ajc
vote
it will, though i have not bought the adapter from orion. i think an eye piece camera looks like a better way to go. i would contact orion if i were you, as they are quite helpful. good luck!
Apr 29, 2014 by Douglas S.
votes
Yes! Refractors are the only type of telescope that can be used for terrestrial viewing as well as space. Just make sure you get a 90° correct image angle so your images are not upside down. On a boat it will be difficult to use because it zooms so far that the boats movement will make it hard to keep the image still.
Jan 13, 2014 by Amazon Customer
votes
Weight, optical tube 5.0 lbs.
Apr 23, 2015 by Orion Telescopes & Binoculars
votes
No. Not with either of the two lenses that comes with this telescope. Your going to have to spend alot more money if you want to see that far out.
17 days ago by Tim Ison
votes
Go to www.telescope.com, the Orion site, and browse or use their live chat feature. That's where I bought my case.
Dec 6, 2014 by Sorek
votes
I live in the city also and I have to go out in the country to use my scope
4 days ago by Leslie Williams
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers