5.0 out of 5 stars This is Terrific!, May 18, 2011
This review is from: Orka Black Silicone 9 Scone Pan (Kitchen)
A few years ago, I purchased my first silicone baking pan, a half sized muffin "tin". The silicone worked as advertised as far as how it baked the muffins. But, unfortunately, the silicone pan is very unrigid. It flopped and flipped around. I had batter spilling over the sides putting it in the oven, and nearly flipped the muffins taking it out of the oven. I ended up giving the pan to Goodwill.

A couple of years ago, I tried again, with a mini-scone silicone pan in a square shape. The difference was that this pan has a square steel rod frame around the outside edge, which keeps the pan from flopping around.

Next, I decided to try this Orka Silicone 9 full-sized scone pan, and I'm glad I did. It doesn't have a steel framework; what it has is a rigid handle on each side. Because the scone pan isn't as long as a muffin tin, these handles solve the flopping/folding problem. You can grasp the two handles firmly and move the pan with confidence.

If you haven't tried silicone for baking, yet, I highly recommend it. I just got done making four batches of scones in a row, using two of these Orka silicone full-size scone pans. You don't have to grease the pan, or prepare it in any way. One batch pops out and you put in the batter for the next batch, and when you take it out of the oven, the 2nd batch pops out with no problem, either. There is simply nothing easier to use.

A warning, though. I think it is a little easier to burn the bottom of the scones (compared to making them in a Nordicware pan). So you have to watch them.

Great addition to any kitchen. And if, like me, you are not averse to using mixes, I can highly recommend the King Arthur scone mixes. I've been using them for years, and have never had a bad batch.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes it so much simple!, February 6, 2012
This review is from: Orka Black Silicone 9 Scone Pan (Kitchen)
- It came within a week, without a scratch.
- I used it a couple of times since I received it, and I really enjoyed it so far.
- Pros: It's VERY easy to clean, and NOTHING sticks to it. Turning your cake out of the pan is MUCH easier than with other pans. Moreover, since you have 9 individual small pans, you can decide exactly how many portions you want to cook.
- Cons: It is silicon, which means that it can be easily cut/damaged, and contrary to other pans, it is not rigid. You get quickly used to it though.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes, absolutely.

Orka Black Silicone 9 Scone Pan