5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient inexpensive night light
Published 4 months ago by NF

3.0 out of 5 stars Great night-lights, some may flash on/off, would buy again though
I like these things... they look great! However, one of them is flashing on/off (not full brightness, just like 0-20%). It seems like the photo-sensor is stuck in this limbo state in my one room. Probably should have used a schmitt-trigger.
Published 8 days ago by speedy5

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient inexpensive night light, May 4, 2014
NF (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Orksun Automatic Dusk-to-Dawn White LED Night Light w. Precision Sensor (Pack of 4)
This is a review of the four-pack night light set. There is also a single-light alternative but given the price differential I don't recommend it: the four-pack is a bargain for the price. There isn't a lot I can say about this set, since it's exactly what it looks like: four small rotating LED night lights that you can plug in anywhere. Because they use LEDs, the lights should last for years. And because of the low power required, each light should cost less than a dollar a year to operate, even if running full time. Each light is roughly 1 3/4" in diameter and sticks out from the wall about 1 3/4" when plugged in.

The big question: does the Dusk-to-Dawn Precision Sensor work? Yes and no. In direct light, either sunlight or a lamp, yes. If they receive only indirect light, which is all too likely with many rooms and outlets, no. The sensor just isn't sensitive enough and the sensitivity isn't adjustable as it is on some pricey alternatives. My bathroom, for example, has a single north-facing frosted window under an overhang. No direct light ever reaches the night light from the window and the night light remains on until I turn on the bathroom light, at which point the sensor shuts off the night light. The night light in the living room is near a western-facing window. During much of the day, the night light remains on. When the sun is lower and the window is receiving full-on direct sunlight, the night light turns off. Still, given a choice between having them on when they shouldn't be vs. having them off when they should be, I'd pick the former.

The lights are bright enough for exactly what I'm using them for: something to light the way when I'm stumbling around the house at night. I keep one in the bathroom, one in the living room, and one in the kitchen. You can read by them, barely, but only if the book is directly under the light. If you need something brighter, you should probably pick up a multi-LED night light rather than these.

I like the fact that the night lights rotate, since that allows me to aim the light directly where it will do the most good, e.g., bouncing it off the shiny countertop in the kitchen such that the reflected light enhances the overall light output.

The verdict: despite the sensor sensitivity issues, I'm giving these 4.5 stars. For what you're receiving, this is a terrific value. Even if the light never shuts off, the light should last for years and cost you less than a dollar a year to operate. I can live with that limitation, particularly since the competitive products that I've reviewed have the same issue.

Disclaimer: the manufacturer provided a sample for review purposes with no restrictions on the review outcome. I have no personal or financial interest in the company or in anyone employed there

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, April 2, 2014
Works exactly as described. Light turns on just at the right level of darkness. However, 2 of the units were hard to rotate. Definitely rotate it to your preferred angle before you plug it in. The pins might get bent if you exert too much pressure rotating it while it's plugged in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you want a soft nightlight, May 12, 2014
I received this product at no cost in exchange for writing a review. Here are my comments.

1. I have yet to find a nightlight with a sensor that will go off in the daytime unless there is a bright light in the room or else direct sunlight hits it. This nightlight is no exception. It will only turn off at dawn under the conditions I described. But since this is true of every single nightlight with a sensor that I have ever tried, buy a nightlight with a manual switch if this bothers you.

2. This provides a soft light, which is good for a bathroom. However if you really want to light up a room, such as your living room, I recommend the Maxxima MLN-50 5 LED Night Light With Sensor (Pack of 2), which is incredibly bright (thought it will stay on all the time during the daytime except under the conditions I described).

Bottom line: A nice night light for rooms where a soft light only is desired.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great idea and so useful..., May 3, 2014
I received these lights as a gift, because I tend to always be gallivanting around the house at all hours. My husband thought I would be a lot safer if I had LED's lighting my way on those dark scary nights. ;-)

Frankly, I was fine with turning on all the light switches in the entire house at 2am, but maybe he was worried about all the electricity I was using <vbg>. His answer was these little lights.

I just received them a couple days ago, but so far, so good. We put them strategically all around the areas I tend to frequent during my late night excursions. Boy, are these lights are BRIGHT!! I am even thinking of plugging some into my outside outlets, which are covered under the patio.

Normally I would worry we were burning through electricity, but it was told it costs less then a dollar to fun all 4 lights a year. That sure seems cheap, and I will do so,e research on that.
The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is only because a couple of the lights seemed to remain on during the daylight hours.
It really is no bother, but why are they doing that? I wrote the seller and asked him, and will get bacj to you,

All in all, I really like the Orksum night light, and if I can fix my nightlight, I will be ordering more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with purchase., April 15, 2014
J Peck (Chambersburg, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Bought these for lighting when entering a room at night. No need to worry about turning off and on. Just the right amount of light. Reasonable priced and quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., April 15, 2014
Best nightlight ever! Bright, directional, automatic. Love it. I do wish that the sensor would work with less light than it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are very good and useful!, September 8, 2014
I need 2 in one room to be bright enough for me. They are very cool. I love that they have a sensor. When I got home today instead of possibly tripping on the way to the lamp I was able to see. At 1st I thought they were not bright enough, but once my eyes adjusted they were great!

I have 2 in my room for when I wake up to feed my baby. We have the crib in our room. I have one in my daughters' room and one in the hall on the way to the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little night light, May 15, 2014
The only small complaint I have with these is that I wish they would turn off with a bit less light in the room. It doesn't really matter since they use so little energy. Beside that they are great. They give off a good amount of light and the swivel head allows you to point the light in different directions. I have only had them for a month so I don't know how long they last but I imaging that they will last a long time. The price is right and the quality is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Lights, May 4, 2014
These work well for lighting my way to the bathroom or kitchen when I don't want to wake anyone, or blast myself too awake in the wee hours. These are perfect little lights. They do turn off when the light is bright enough, but I've found the one in the bathroom and hallway stay on during the daylight because there isn't enough light to trigger them to shut off. That's pretty common with this type of nightlight. Overall, good little lights for a great price.

Sample provided without obligation.

5.0 out of 5 stars great light, April 20, 2014
great night light, I would buy this product again,i give this a 5 star, my wife love the light it give at night time

Rate and Discover Movies