5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Getting Better

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Getting Better, August 1, 2009
Wayne Fogel (Jacksonville Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
I first subscribed to the Kindle version of the Orlando Sentinel when it first came out - disaster!!! The paper was butchered most of the time and delivered either not at all or late. That has changed. I went back in May of this year and it is entirely different. Every section is there in full including all of the local ones, such as Lake. The articles are exactly the same as the ones in the print edition and they are all there. What it lacks is all the ad inserts, the classifieds, the within the paper ads, etc. The biggest downside is that the graphics will not be there, but I find I do not miss them. You do not have to worry about stopping delivery so papers will not be sitting in your driveway, it never gets wet and I have that much less to put into my recycle bin. Try it for the two week free period - if you are like me, you will like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars orlando sentinel-kindle, November 15, 2010
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
Hi, my wife purchased me a kindle for my birthday, and one of the first things I thought I would try is the Orlando Sentinel, we have been making our annual vacation trip from Michigan to Walt Disney World for the last 18 years or so, and I really enjoy having my morning coffee while reading the Sentinel when down there. Now, part of it I am sure is being at WDW, but, I really like do like the paper, and much to my delight found that the Kindle version is very well organized(home page/articles/sports), it is very easy to navigate and promptly delivered on my Kindle by 6AM every morning. The Ticked Off! section is great, and well as Day in History, and we get to keep up with WDW news/updates---

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing or Duplicated Sections on EVERY issue, December 27, 2009
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely love reading my kindle Orlando Sentinel, however....I have always put up with duplicated sections in each daily delivery.While annoying I assumed, eventually (and erroneously) it would be fixed. Today's Sunday delivery included a bonus....I was missing the Front page Section, the Local and State Section, Sports Section and Editorial Section (as well as other minor Sunday Edition Sections). I sent off an Email to Amazon and hopefully will get an answer (a better one I hope than when my Kindle screen was cracked lol).

Needless to say Im a bit put off by the continued problems this far out, I expected the bugs to be fixed after more than a year of receiving bugged subscriptions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Disjointed, April 9, 2009
tommyp (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
I've subscribed to the Kindle version of the Orlando Sentinel now for just over a week. It was the closest newspaper to my hometown of Lakeland, FL. I had hoped for a good mix of national stories with some local interest. There is not enough national material, and the local stuff is TOO local! My biggest problem though is supplemental stories that expound on a main topic willnot be listed after the main topic they refer to. Often they are not even in the same section. Many articles do not have a title/headline that can tell me if they would be interesting to read. Fortunately the cost is just 5.99/mo, but as soon as the Lakeland paper, or even a Tampa one is available I'll drop the Sentinel ASAP!

4.0 out of 5 stars Snowbird's Delight, June 27, 2010
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
Reading the Kindle version of the Orlando Sentinel is a great way to keep up with events, when out of town. Selecting 'View Articles' from the "Sections List" is a quick way to decide articles, which I'll read completely.

Once you get used to the navigation sequence, it's virtually as efficient as reading the newspaper in hard copy form.

I do miss the comics page, however.

1.0 out of 5 stars Irregular delivery, April 21, 2009
A. Gates (Montverde, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
I ordered the Kindle version of the Orlando Sentinel. I got it the first three days, then nothing. Yes, I checked the "sync items" button each day. After four days of no Kindle paper, I cancelled my subscription and went back to the paper version. Let me know when this problem is fixed, as I saw another reviewer with the same problem. Is it Kindle or Orlando Sentinel's fault?

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenience wins, November 8, 2009
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
I've never subscribed to a newspaper before for a couple of reasons: I've usually lived in an area that doesn't get one delivered and, besides that, I hate having piles of papers laying around. As soon as I got my Kindle (just days ago) I set up the Sentinel free trial and I have to say I'm loving it. It has been waiting for me every morning and all the sections appear to be there in their entirety. I do wish it had some pictures, there seem to be some formatting errors (especially when displaying something like "10th," the "th" is meant to appear smaller but instead they appear with other characters surrounding them), and some articles are repeated in the article list view, but overall I'm enjoying it. If you only care about the meat of the newspaper (the article text) and you're sick of filling up your recycling bin, I'd recommend this as an alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, September 10, 2009
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
I lived in Orlando for 7 years. I decided to do the free trial just for kicks. After receiving the kindle version, I absolutely love it! The articles make me feel like I'm back home. It has local stories and national news. I found it to be well informed on the top stories nationally. I've enjoyed the insight on top stories. The Orlando Sentinel doesn't copy the news, they write with their own perspective. When I ordered this, I actually was thinking of just doing the trial run and that would be it, but now I'm hooked! I'm keeping it as one of my favs! Kindle is so cool!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, March 6, 2010
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
I thought this edition was a way to read the news (local,state and national). However I find that "sports" is much more important than the news. I like reading the national news on the inside pages of the Sentinel, but this edition includes very few articles from the A section (11 plus the editorials). I was expecting the full edition with all the news--it is abridged too much for my tastes. I'll wait for something that is more complete.

I'm not pleased with the navigation either. I was expecting something more "page" like. Naive of me I suppose, but I haven't had the Kindle that long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, December 11, 2008
DLeMore "Donald LeMore" (Jacksonville, Fla. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orlando Sentinel (Kindle Edition)
I really don't understand why the other reviewers were negative concerning this newspaper. Being from Florida, I find the articles very well written and the news coverage very will laid out for the Kindle reader. Although I'm located in northern Florida and have the Florida Times Union at my disposel, I still enjoy reading this newspaper on the Kindle the most.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›