Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Orly Smartgels, Led Lamp
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Flavor: Led Lamp|Change
Price:$0.78 - $212.46

VINE VOICEon May 19, 2013
I am a licensed professional, and I am mentioning that first because it does play a huge part in my rating of this Orly smart gel system. I'm not just a home do it yourself-er when it comes to gel nails in general, I do a lot of them for clients, and on myself.
That said, this LED light is a fantastic value for the size and the price. It is light, and feels almost toy like, but don't let that fool you. It really packs a gel curing punch. When they say 30 seconds, they mean it. It only fits four fingers at a time, with thumbs done separate, that's fine except that it's not really the right shape or height for both thumbs to sit comfortably inside. Not a huge problem though, since the led light unit is so very light weight I can hold it up with my hands comfortably rested on the table and then my thumbs sit at the right angle and are cured quickly.
Mine arrived with the power cord, which is not attached to the unit, but is a plug in port. The plug itself is oversized, so make sure you have room on your power strip or outlet, I was kind of surprised by this set up, (removable power cord), since there is not a battery/wireless powering option. But, again for the price, I can overlook the little oddities.
All my lights worked, and have worked just fine after so far about a hundred full manicures. The timer also works well, it will emit a beep when you first turn the unit on. It has a single bar button on top that is set for 60 seconds, but after the first 30 it emits a beep so, if you aren't curing a dark color, you know when to take them out and move on to the next coat.
As for the gel itself, I am quite a fan. I like the two in one base and top coat, as it saves space if that's an issue. The color range is okay, and the coverage of the colors has proven to be consistent. It's a little thicker in viscosity than other brands I'm used to, but after a nail or two you get used to the way this gel works. The wear time was consistent, about 16 days before there is any lifting, (this is average, mind you, sometimes it's worn longer and sometimes less).
The instructions for the system are easy to follow, even if you've never done your own before.
For a small, inexpensive investment, I highly recommend this for home use. But, if it's your first time definitely get the full system setup that includes the entire 'kit', it will go a long way in making for a positive experience.
on January 8, 2013
I really like this little Orly Smartgels LED nail dryer for the price! It's small and easy to store. However, you can only dry the four fingers on one hand minus the thumb at a time. I did have a larger UV nail dryer. I liked it because I could fit both hands in it, but it was large and hard to store. It also took 2 minutes to dry gel polish, where the Orly Smartgels Led Lamp only takes 15 to 30 seconds.
on January 15, 2013
I was kinda bummed because I couldn't find ANY reviews on this thing! It works really great with my gelish nail polish. It isn't super small, but it works best to do the four fingers first and thumb separately. This is a GREAT buy for your money....I highly recommend it! I have used about 5-8 times so far with NO problems
on November 3, 2014
Orly SmartGels was the first "system" I tried for DIY gel manicures. I have found other products that I like better (I use a professional uv light, Red Carpet Manicure Structure Base Coat and various brands of gel colors), but Orly does make a few products that I love and the Nail Tip Primer is one of them. This product makes such a HUGE difference in how long my manicures last without chipping. I tried doing many manicures without it, using various products, and they would lift and peel at the edges within days. With this primer, I get 2 weeks out of almost every manicure, regardless of which other products I use.
on August 20, 2013
I really don't do the gel nail polish, I use regular nail polish with a quick dry top coat & it helps cure it quicker & seems to make the polish last a little longer. Overall, I'm happy with the results.
on January 20, 2015
Very pretty red gel polish. Has a superfine red glitter sparkle. It's a good Christmas/Valentines red. Goes on nice and even. Just a little hard to use because the brush and bottle is so small. But worth the money.
on March 9, 2013
Works exactly as described. You can't really fit your thumbs in, but because of how fast it works that doesn't even really matter. Great product, glad I bought it instead of a full size lamp that you have to replace the bulbs in.
on July 18, 2014
I have had this kit for over a year and a half now and absolutely love it. I easily fit 4 fingers in at a time, and thumbs separately. Never have had any issues with drying, they are always cured. I do the base coat for 60 seconds, each color layer for 30 seconds and then the top coat for 60 seconds and never have an issue. I work at a spa that uses Orly as well and have had my nails done there (by the professionals) and at other locations (with other gel brands) and my at-home results are just as good and definitely more cost effective, if anything it just takes me a bit longer as I am a perfectionist and it isn't easy to polish with your non-dominant hand :) Though I will take a slightly longer polishing time over regular polishes that take forever to dry.

I recently started doing my friend's nails for them as well and have had great results. I only use Orly gels though. I have heard mixed reviews about mixing gel brands in general and don't want to take the financial "risk" (I'm cheap and don't like to waste money) on buying a gel polish that won't work with my Orly base and top coats. Keep in mind too, these gel polishes do have an "expiration" date on them (typically 12 months after opening).
on January 18, 2013
This light is awesome, requires no setup just plug it in and it's ready works great with the orly fx gel starter kit. Going to save me a lot of money doing my nails myself instead of $80 a month at the salon.
on May 4, 2014
Just as other reviews said - I have to do it in three stages - thumbs, three fingers and the little fingers, because three main fingers are the same length but the little ones are much short. Otherwise works well...