Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on April 9, 2012
This is the best shoe I have ever worn. I have been suffering with plantar faciitis for some time and can't be on my feet for any length of time. When I go shopping with my daughter or my sister, you will find me sitting on a bench waiting for them to finish their browsing, and then on to the next shop and on it goes. I hesitated buying these shoes because of some of the unfavorable reviews. Some complained that the footbed was too hard. That kind of worried me. I have put these shoes in my cart and then deleted them several times. QVC aired these shoes one day along with Dr. Andrew Weil and two other men who have helped to develop this shoe. When they showed the model with terribly pronated feet, one foot without the shoe, and the other with the shoe there was such an incredible difference! He also drew a dotted line up the bone of her shin to her knee. When she took the shoe off, the line shifted which put an extra strain on the knee that also affects the hips and into the back. When she put the shoe back on, it all came back into alinement. After seeing this demo, it was no wonder I was in so much pain! The comment about the hard footbed still concerned me. I looked back at the positive feedback, and one by a nurse who is on her feet all day! I finally decided to make the purchase. Added it back into my cart and bought them before I backed out again. I have had the shoes for two weeks and all I can say is: WOW!!!! What a difference it has made. Surprisingly, the hardness of the footbed has not bothered me at all. My husband took me to a Spring Training game the other day. We were parked way out and we both were concerned about the walk. But I did fine. In fact, we left early because it started raining lightly, but could see, that a storm was moving in. We walked at a very fast pace to beat it, and I was able to keep up with him. Even he was amazed! My feet weren't even hurting! So, my recommendation is that if you are "sitting on the fence" with these shoes, give it a try. I am so glad that I finally did! Not only did I get these shoes, but I just came back to get some of Dr. Weil's slippers to wear around the house. If I can't go barefooted-which is very bad, these will be the next best thing-with the bonus of giving me support! Thank You Dr. Weil! Now if he would just bring us a dressy pair of shoes! :)
11 comment389 of 397 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2010
I'm a nurse and I have plantar fascitis. My feet used to hurt so bad in the morning and at night after my shift. It would be all I could do to walk from the car to my house. I'd sit on the couch and cry most nights. Then a friend recommended these shoes. For the first time in almost 5 years, my feet don't hurt at the end of the day! My quality of life has improved so much. I can go walking with my family, play frisbee golf, go shopping, and just get off the couch and live life! I love these shoes! If you have heel pain, knee pain and hip pain, I highly recommend these shoes. They have saved my feet and my life! I promise, take a chance if you have PF. I have even told my friends with PF that if they buy these shoes and they don't feel significant improvement, I would buy them from them. So far, 10 out of 10 are keeping their shoes!
55 comments413 of 427 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2011
After spending literally hundreds trying to find a comfortable gymshoe that I can wear pain free with PF, I am thrilled to say, I have found them. These shoes are very comfortable and well made. My only negative comment would be that they are alot of shoe, wide and bulky, but to walk pain free finally, I dont care, worth every cent!
0Comment133 of 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 28, 2012
Excellent, comfortable shoes for anyone with flat feet.

These shoes have solid, stiff soles and strong arch support. I have been wearing New Balance for a long time, but I find their shoes to be too loose in the heel and my feet tend to slip around too much. The Orthaheels have very supportive ankle collars that do a better job of keeping my feet in place. I had no discomfort from the get-go, but I am used to wearing shoes with arch supports; people new to such stiff, supportive shoes may need some time to get used to them.

Amazon notes this nowhere, but when the shoes arrive, the box is stamped all over with the recommendation of Dr. Andrew Weil. I actually would not have bought them if I had known this, as I am suspicious of the advice of medical authorities who make money from their health recommendations. Having worn them for several weeks, however, I find the shoes to be an excellent value, and I would buy them again.
55 comments89 of 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2011
I purchased these shoes to help with my plantar fasciitis. The ONLY thing that has permanently helped the pain (for me) is strengthening the foot by running barefoot (yes, without shoes, on a treadmill) and applying ice 1-2 times per day. However, it is nice to have supportive shoes for work and around the house, when I'm not able to self-correct my foot positioning. I already own a pair of Orthaheel sandals and clogs, so I've been very pleased with their arch support and pronation control. These shoes are different from these others, in that the orthopedic insert is removable, just like a traditional athletic shoe. The sole/insert of this shoe isn't as cushy and forgiving as the one-piece sole of their sandals/clogs; and the arch support isn't nearly as high. Personally, I wish this shoe had better padding, both underneath and surrounding the foot, slightly more arch support, and more mesh on the uppers to increase breathability. I would have given these a 3 star rating, because I would expect more comfort from such an expensive shoe, but I've found they are so good at correcting my gate/stance that I can overlook the padding just a little. The planar/pronation control footbed essentially forces me to stand/walk correctly-- it's easy to still "cheat" sometimes with the sandals, clogs, and orthopedic inserts-- so I have to give these shoes a 5 for their therapeutic benefit. All things considered, a 4 seems fair. My only hope is that Orthaheel will put a little more effort into the comfort and design of their future shoes, as I will definitely be looking to buy more.

UPDATE: I still love these shoes. They have been the only pair wide enough to accommodate my orthotics (which did NOT actually do much for me) without bending the side arch, and the shoes helped my plantar fasciitis quite a bit. Unfortunately, my foot pain lingered at a 7/10. After trying MANY more things/shoes, I finally found that my pronation and achilles tendon were ALSO causing me foot pain. I began stretching the back of my achilles/hamstring and arch with a yoga strap every night before bed, and this brought down my foot pain to a 3/10. What finally brought me back to 100% were DANSKOS, of all things! You absolutely CANNOT pronate in Danskos without breaking your ankle. Fortunately, I have strong ankles, so problem solved. My pain is now, FINALLY, a 0/10!!!

I also heard that alternating shoes/footbeds will strengthen your foot, so I switched to Crocs at home to pad the foot and strengthen my super high arch.

Let me tell you, I'm on my feet all day long, and I WAS IN AGONY. I would cry sometimes, they hurt so bad. Danskos, Crocs, and a yoga strap brought me back to normal. Hopefully I can save someone a LOT of money trying out different shoes. Also, the black-inside Danskos have better (amazing) padding, and the used ones are every bit as good as the new ones.
44 comments132 of 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
I love the Orthaheel sandals, and was so looking forward to a good walking shoe. It was fine for the 2 or 3 mile walks, but when I got to a 4 mile walk, I thought my feet were going to scream! First, I got a blister in the back, the balls of my feet killed me as there seemed to be no cushioning, but the "biggie" was....the outside of my ankles were so swollen. I had to ice them.... I am a walker, and this was so disappointing ! I had to send them back. They were very stiff shoes. I then went back to my good old stand- bys, Asics...with the nice gel in them, I thought my feet were in heaven, and I walked almost 5 miles today with no trouble. If you want a shoe and don't do a lot of walking, then I guess this one is for you.
11 comment30 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2012
I am a teacher, and ordered these shoes with the hope they would help my Plantar Fasciitis,
as well as my heel spurs and although they helped slightly with the fasciitis, they fell
apart within 4 months. Not only did the leather begin to peel, but a hole appeared in
the toe of the shoe very quickly after I purchased them. My Adidas sneakers held up much
better than the orthoheel shoes and cost me half the price. I will never order another orthoheel
product again.
44 comments42 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2011
I have Orthaheel flip flops which have been super. I do not experience pain from plantar fasciitis when wearing them so I decided to try Orthaheel walkers. I am now able to resume walking distances of 2 to 4 miles without exacerbating my plantar fasciitis pain. Orthaheel makes a great product.
0Comment31 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
Only wearing them for two days, but I DO notice quite a difference in my level of pain. Had surgery 1 1/2 years ago to release parsal tunnel and plantars fasciitis. I have tried SO many different shoes/heel inserts, but the pain when I strike the ground with my heel is always with me even after the surgery. It wakes me up often at night as well. Sleep is so often interrupted-very frustrated. Hopefully, this will be my answer, time will tell!

UPDATE 2.23.13: The shoe is very helpful and I am quite pleased with the construction and support. Even though they appeared to be very heavy and stiff at first, by gradually working my way into wearing them throughout the day, I am very pleased with the shoe! The impact on my heel while wearing them is very minimal and that is wonderful!
22 comments23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2011
I purchased these shoes specifically for high arches and plantar fasciitis. They did not help either issue, but I wore them outside so I couldn't return them. Very expensive mistake!
0Comment21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse