5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for Vegetarians
I came across this product on the Passover products shelf. It really gives an old fashioned chicken soup flavor (impression) to all kinds of cooking. This is great stuff. It is by far the best that I've found. Use it in moderation, thought, it can be a bit salty. Now we vegetarians can prepare foods a tad more like Mama did.
Published on August 26, 2008 by A. Levy

1.0 out of 5 stars All ruined during shipping....
I do like this poduct. I make soupes and stews very often and it flavors and thicknes my food very nicely.
I purchase this 4-pack through Amazon because it has been out in my local grocery store for a while.
When it arrived, the all 4 containers were in a clear poly bag in a box with packing material.
But all the red rids were off the containers and and...
Published on June 24, 2012 by Koko O

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for Vegetarians, August 26, 2008
A. Levy (Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST vegetarian chicken flavoring available!, January 31, 2011
This review is from: Osem Consomme Soup & Seasoning Mix, Chicken Flavored, 14.1-Ounce Containers (Pack of 4) (Misc.)
I am so delighted to see this is now available on Amazon, because we are rural Jews far from any kosher stores, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to find locally. We have been vegetarians for years and this is absolutely the very best. Not NEARLY as salty as some of those other faux chicken broths we've tried ("Spice Time" is just awful!), plus the Osem brand is more concentrated so a little bit goes a long way. This is the closest you can come to real chicken soup (adding a couple spoonfuls of veggie cooking oil to the pot to simulate the chicken fat makes it even more perfect!) And BTW, there are also 6-pack and 12-pack lots here on Amazon that qualify for the free shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good in vegetables & gravies, January 31, 2013
I've love this seasoning & use as gifts for several years. Good to replace salt in most vegetables, gumbos, soups & stews.
one needs to instruct on shipping with lids secure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, lousy packaging., May 28, 2012
This is an excellent product. Don't tell anyone, but I season my home made chicken soup with this stuff and it goes over big.

Unfortunately, the packaging is from hunger. Two orders arrived with the soup powder containers burst open. An easy fix would be to put a piece of tape on the lid to prevent the spill. From my lips...

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, October 5, 2009
mamasunset (California Central Coast) - See all my reviews
Many years ago I used to by a similar product from a local farmer in California. Then suddenly, the producer went out of business and I no longer had my beloved "chicken-like veggie consomme," which had been one of my secret ingredients. Recently I spotted Osem's at Safeway and decided to try yet one more possible replacement. Hooray! This is it! It's probably the MSG that makes it so good; I don't care! For homemade soup, bechamel sauce, risotto: Osem's is simply the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best chicken flavor yet, April 11, 2014
Lee B. Zoloto (Scottsdale, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
I use this like a chicken seasoning on whatever calls for a chicken flavor. Just enough to give an underlying chicken flavor.

4.0 out of 5 stars ITS A VERY NICE PRODUCT... IT CAME AS I SPECTED… I RECOMMENDED… QUALITY 95%... WE ARE USING IT WITH NO TROUBLE AT ALL 100% OK…, January 19, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars very much like the one back home, October 2, 2013
comparable to the israeli version in taste. i liked a lot and used it plenty.
packing was a bit...iffy. i read some reviews about this issue. mine arrived with no damage, but i could see from the packing this is not a good way to pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom asked if i can find this on-line?, July 16, 2013
Soooooooo frickin aye, I go to "The Zon" and find the product in 4 sizes. I of course explained to my mother how difficult process it was but after putting my nose to the grindstone (which never made any sense to me...) I tracked it down. Im a hero...sorta

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, packing probs, April 13, 2012
We really like Osem's soup mixes, and sometimes order them in bulk on line due to difficulty finding them locally. This product is good alone or used as a base for homemade soups. The problem has been in the packaging; twice we've had containers arrive split open with the soup spilled all over. I have reported this to Amazon with no reply.

Rate and Discover Movies