Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Osiris NYC 83 Skate Shoe (Little Kid/Big Kid),Lime/Cyan/Black,12 M US Little Kid
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Special Size: Little Kid (4-8 Years)|Size: 12 M US Little Kid|Color: Lime/Cyan/Black|Change
Price:$28.00 - $60.99

on March 19, 2012
I bought these for my 10 year old son for Christmas. 10 year old boys usually go through shoes pretty quickly, but these have held up so well, I'm really impressed. He wears them every day and while they are showing signs of wear, they are still structurally very sound (no holes, none of the rubber or plastic peeling or tearing, etc.)
on December 11, 2015
Sexy is all that I thought when I took them out of the box. I am no stranger to the brand.... style and cut of these sneakers.... so they fit as I expected them to. They are comfy and the tall neck is supportive around my ankles. With my Multiple Sclerosis..... it can be painful and uncomfortable to walk on any... almost every surface. With these sneakers, I do not have that issue. ....

Now the colors..... The colors are basic colors. The white really sets the red and black up for the awesomeness that the combination creates. It is eye catching. I love these sneakers!!!

Oh yeah.... and they make my glasses look even cooler! .... Aren't they gorgeous!? lolol .....
review image
on June 27, 2014
Camp is upon us and I was concerned that any problem with the order wouldn't be corrected/exchanged in time. All is great. Amazon (Prime) delivered within 2 days, and the shoe size is accurate.

Size: I read that the shoes were 'long' and 'flat', so I was concerned they might run large. My son is outgrowing his size 5.5, so I was concerned that a size 6 might be too large if they really ran large. Not the case. The sneakers fit perfectly.

Quality/Style: To each his/her own. The colors are bright and have a quality texture. They don't look 'shiny'. The soles are flat; there are no heel molds or tapered high tech designs. My son plays basketball, hockey and football, and put these sneakers through the paces already; no slipping or complaints. The style is not 'foot hugging' on the outside, so they look less sleek, but my son says the inside of the sneaker is terrifically comfortable and they perform very well. What's not to like?!

The sneakers are off to camp soon where they will be torture tested. Repeatedly. If they fail miserably, I'll update this comment/rating. Otherwise, no need to.

Note: An extra pair of laces were included in the box, one pair white and the second blue. Nice touch.

[UPDATE 1] I should note that with time, my son preferred lighter sneakers while playing on the hockey team. All the running prompted his need. He reported that the sneakers are "heavy".
on March 4, 2015
At this age, kids want what looks good. As parents we want good value and durability. We have had good luck making both parties happy with Osiris shoes. We manage to get six to nine months of wear out of these shoes, then its time to move up a size.
on September 22, 2012
I bought these for my daughter. Sh picked them out and said all the kids are wearing them now. They lasted an entire year. I recently donated the to goodwill as she outgrew them. The seem to be built pretty solid and she liked them.
on May 6, 2015
He loves these shoes--"they are cool". The only complaint comes from me because the laces are long and he is not adept at tying yet. I feel like I am lacing him into a pair of hockey skates before he goes to school each day.
on December 30, 2014
Purchased for my 6 year old grandson as a Christmas gift and he was thrilled when he opened the package. The baseball styling is attractive. Too early to tell about durability but I was satisfied with the workmanship of the shoe.
on April 3, 2013
He is 9 years old and never really asks for any clothes or shoes, so when he asked for these we were surprised. He didn't care what color, he just wanted this brand. Since he received them on Easter he has been wearing them constantly...he would sleep in them if we let him!!
on November 19, 2014
The fit was rather tight, and the sole kinda reminded me of cardboard? not a lot of support. After putting in doctor sholls though i was able to make them better.

they look great! so that's.. that's good.
on August 19, 2015
I usually buy DC shoes for my 3 boys but thought we'd try Osiris because they looked cool and durable. They run smaller than DC so I had to return for a size 13. I was very disappointed that the string binding on the shoes (around the sole) unravelled by the third day of wearing!

See 1 answered question