Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 4, 2011
Doug Stanhope is the smartest, boldest, most honest, and funniest comedian alive today. If not for Doug, I might by now have already cracked and embarked upon a homicidal spree of mayhem, culminating finally in an orgy of self-immolation. But now, thanks to Doug, I understand how trite and tawdry that would be. Doug has shamed me into the realization that misanthropy without creativity is as pointless as becoming a born-again Christian, but then refusing to adopt the attitude of smugness and condescension that is every convert's due.
on May 4, 2011
I never leave reviews for anything. I listened to Doug Stanhope's newest offering today at work (I work as a housekeeper and am plugged into my ipod all day) and was laughing so hard that guests were peeking in to check if I was alright. Doug is the most insightful, thoughtful, poignant and disgustingly twisted comic that has ever existed. I've been a dedicated fan of his for years now, and this is one of his best records to date, I swear it. Buy it, buy it, buy it and sit with your friends and listen to this special human being go off.
on May 4, 2011
I pre-ordered this cd. I'm a huge fan of Stanhope, and pre-order from Amazon guarantees
release day delivery. Release day, and my birthday were the same. Only Doug's autograph
could have made it any better (or seeing his show in person).

Doug is just as hilarious in Norway as he is in the United States.

During his introduction, Doug talks about all of the camera people going insane
throughout the show. And he's right. Way too many cameras, too many different angles.

I have no problems with angle shift during a stand up show, but this was too much.
At one point during the show, one camera they used wasn't focused very well, and the
color was terrible. At around 28:15 or so. Lasted for a few minutes.

One camera person kept getting way to close to both the audience and Stanhope.
Part of a comedy show on DVD is the audience, and their reaction to the show.
I don't know what this person was thinking during the show, but he was all over the place.

I highly recommend this product. DVD and CD for one price.
on August 19, 2015
Love this guy. I have all his albums on my phone and listen to them all night long. makes the work night go by with far least seething hatred then normal. If your looking for witty humor about cab fares and awkward moments at thanksgiving... take a pass on this. Doug is by far the most brilliant, witty, cynical, offending, morose, and dirty comic that I know of living today. If you like him ...Listen to his podcast its great.
on May 7, 2011
This C.D. is not for kids, or people who love kids or people who think kids are cute. Doug Stanhope pours on the Generation X disaffected anger and skepticism as if it were cheap store brand syrup. He doesn't stop until it's running all over the sides of the plate.

I normally don't buy comedy albums but the sample clips of this one were so gut busting that I had to give it a try. I spent almost an hour in my car, which I should have been spending doing something else, just sitting and listening to this on my cell phone. After wasting all the time I could there were still a couple of segments I hadn't heard. This album gives you your money's worth, that's for sure.

The great thing about this show was that it wasn't just a set of jokes that he could have told anywhere on his tour, he actually customized the show for his audience. It's a rare showman that can pull that off. The jokes about Norway and Oslo are universal though, so they don't ruin the show. That kind of talent is rare, and that's why you should buy this album.
on May 4, 2011
There's a handful of funny comics working in 2011, but only one cuts to the brutal, awful, horrific, laugh-til-you-hurt truth like Doug Stanhope. NO REFUNDS, FROM ACROSS THE STREET, and this album are the Holy Grail of post-millennial standup.
on August 5, 2011
Continuing the grand tradition of No Refunds and Deadbeat Hero, "Oslo" delivers on Stanhope's unique brand of acerbic wit and vulgar criticism of life and society at large. What this album offers that others don't is that we get to hear for the first time how Stanhope is received by a European audience. Being a guest in Norway doesn't stop Stanhope from sharing his honest opinion of his hosts. Considering the discount Amazon offers on this product, you'd be hard-pressed not to drop the $4 for just over an hour of solid comedy. Just in case I didn't make it clear before, though, Stanhope is a vulgar, offensive comedian. This is not an album for the Bill Cosby or Jerry Seinfeld fan. Enjoy!
on September 27, 2011
Truely the most offensive, vile, obscene, and vulgar standup I've watched (since the last show I saw of his)...

...and its for this reason that this has become my most favorite standup of all time.

This is the best standup comedy CD/DVD one could ever own or even hope for. No lie, I truely look at things in a different light now that I've seen this. I no longer get intimidated by extremely gorgeous women. Now I just think to myself... BLORT!!! Baaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!! BLORT!

You have to own this. This is something that won't grow old quick or loose its newness or luster. It will always be ball-bouncingly funny.

Thanks Doug!... and come to the Improv in Addison, TX!
on November 1, 2011
its hard to know how serious he is being in a lot of this album, but the start is flat out WICKED, he lays into the Norwegian crowd for still having a king and queen and OMG I loved it. As he goes on, the berates himself quite a bit, saying things like the fact that he is playing shows in Norway means he is pretty much washed up and nowhere left to go but Lithuenia. Might be true, who knows. Then he gets into sex and it's just lame, not funny not witty or very observational.

So I don't know. Worth listening to once I guess. The best woudl be to get it from the library.
on May 4, 2011
Get this, then get his other material. He's like George Carlin if George didn't give up substance abuse. Funny, funny, funny. But not a good Mother's Day gift.