5.0 out of 5 stars Great Middleweight Pack
Purchased the large, meteorite model pack for dayhiking, overnight hikes with shelters, and airplane travel. So far, it has worked well in every capacity.

Strengths
- Good distribution of weight between hips and shoulders when loaded.
- Solid construction, feels as though it will last through the years.
- The two loops for storing trekking poles...
Published on May 1, 2012 by Bike Commuter

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh...
Published 14 months ago by Marina Bridenbaugh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Middleweight Pack, May 1, 2012
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)

Strengths
- Good distribution of weight between hips and shoulders when loaded.
- Solid construction, feels as though it will last through the years.
- The two loops for storing trekking poles are awesome, not a feature on my other packs.
- Very breathable where the frame rest against your back, no major sweat buildup.
- Size and shape is ideal for active hiking and scrambling, so no need to leave gear behind during side trips.

Weakness
- The cord lock for the drawstring that closes the top is a pain by design.

All in all, a great pack for middleweight excursions at a great price compared to major stores. Someone with a full set of ultralight and tight packing gear might find it suitable for every occasion. Just be sure to buy for where you want to hike, as this bag is too small for my full tent setup, nor for hikes where it is necessary to carry 1-2 days worth of water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size/weight for doing the Camino de Santiago, October 17, 2013
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)
I bought this pack to do the Camino because my backpack was too big and my day pack was too small. It was the perfect size and weight. My pack weighted 9.6 kilograms including 2 liters of water. I am tall, 6 foot 4 inches, and I was able to get the waist belt onto my hips. The bottom access zipper was very handy for quickly getting to something at the bottom of my pack. The outside mesh pocket was large enough to carry all my rain gear. The lid pocket was large enough to carry quite a bit of stuff that I wanted easy access to. The shoulder straps were very comfortable. Overall, I was extremely pleased with the pack.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., July 16, 2013
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)
Overall, this backpack is a good pack. I like that it's lightweight and had lots of little straps and buckles. However, the straps on this are pretty narrow, but husband uses this pack more than I do and he has pretty broad shoulders and it basically cuts into his arm & shoulder making for a very uncomfortable hike. We have taken this on a 10 mile backpacking trip, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it... ESPECIALLY for the price you are paying- it should be the most comfortable pack ever, but it's not. I have a Teton 3400 and MUCH prefer it, and it is 1/4 of the price of this pack, and bigger!
Definately meant for the smaller hikes and shorter backpacking trips- it seems to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light weight and roomy, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)
I chose this pack to hike the Camino De Santiago in May of 2014. As I use it in my workout hikes building up too my actual trip I am finding that the pack is very comfortable and has plenty of space for the gear I will use for the 33 day hike. With plenty of adjustments that pack can be made to fit comfortably and still carry a 20lb load. Pros: Light weight and adjustable. Cons: Access to water bottle and the waist belt could be a little sturdier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag smaller than I thought, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)
I bought this bag a little naive on the cubic inch measurements. I thought it would be bigger. It is a great bag, just not the size I was looking for. I encourage you to go to a store and examine in person and then come to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)
Ive only had this pack out once so far but it was the most comfortable pack that i have ever used in my life. My total pack weight with this pack for a week was only 24lbs 4oz thats including food and water. This pack weighs just over 2lbs while my old pack weighed a wapping 12lbs alone!! The trampoline mesh backing is so comfortable. Beets the pants off of fome pads that most packs have. Its a rucksack style meaning that its like a tube but unlike most rucksacks it has a light frame on the inside. It also has much studier materials then the slightly lighter Exos which i have used and liked a lot less then the Talon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pack, March 29, 2014
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)
Really happy with this pack so far. Only been on day hikes with it, but I'm sure it will hold up just fine on any extended hikes this summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Backpack, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)
This backpack has a lot of room in it. What is really great is how much it weighs versus a lot of other backpacks out there. I am looking forward to using it on my hike in Spain this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars pack, March 13, 2014
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)
Way cool.. Nice and light. Fits well. Looks good. For my trip to Spain to walk the Camino de Santiago. Buen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great back pack!, January 25, 2014
This review is from: Osprey Talon Backpack (Sports)
really durable, has ton of space to store and go hiking. I would even take this on a vacation or just to back pack around.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›