Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on May 1, 2012
Purchased the large, meteorite model pack for dayhiking, overnight hikes with shelters, and airplane travel. So far, it has worked well in every capacity.

Strengths
- Good distribution of weight between hips and shoulders when loaded.
- Solid construction, feels as though it will last through the years.
- The two loops for storing trekking poles are awesome, not a feature on my other packs.
- Very breathable where the frame rest against your back, no major sweat buildup.
- Size and shape is ideal for active hiking and scrambling, so no need to leave gear behind during side trips.

Weakness
- The cord lock for the drawstring that closes the top is a pain by design.

All in all, a great pack for middleweight excursions at a great price compared to major stores. Someone with a full set of ultralight and tight packing gear might find it suitable for every occasion. Just be sure to buy for where you want to hike, as this bag is too small for my full tent setup, nor for hikes where it is necessary to carry 1-2 days worth of water.
on October 17, 2013
I bought this pack to do the Camino because my backpack was too big and my day pack was too small. It was the perfect size and weight. My pack weighted 9.6 kilograms including 2 liters of water. I am tall, 6 foot 4 inches, and I was able to get the waist belt onto my hips. The bottom access zipper was very handy for quickly getting to something at the bottom of my pack. The outside mesh pocket was large enough to carry all my rain gear. The lid pocket was large enough to carry quite a bit of stuff that I wanted easy access to. The shoulder straps were very comfortable. Overall, I was extremely pleased with the pack.
on July 16, 2013
Overall, this backpack is a good pack. I like that it's lightweight and had lots of little straps and buckles. However, the straps on this are pretty narrow, but husband uses this pack more than I do and he has pretty broad shoulders and it basically cuts into his arm & shoulder making for a very uncomfortable hike. We have taken this on a 10 mile backpacking trip, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it... ESPECIALLY for the price you are paying- it should be the most comfortable pack ever, but it's not. I have a Teton 3400 and MUCH prefer it, and it is 1/4 of the price of this pack, and bigger!
Definately meant for the smaller hikes and shorter backpacking trips- it seems to me.
on October 24, 2013
i got this for a gf of mine and its amazing. extremely comfortable. when it got too heavy for her to carry i carried it on my frontside (with my pack on the back) and it was still comfortable. the suspension system is great. durable.

Cons:
the trail bar slot on the straps doesnt really hold many bars
no rain cover? they do sell one (Medium works well), but should be included.
not enough straps on the back to attach bottles, pans, etc.
White? never should have white anything for backcountry. quickly turns a weird brown.

Overall -- I'd buy it again despite the cons. It's too comfortable and light.
on January 2, 2014
I chose this pack to hike the Camino De Santiago in May of 2014. As I use it in my workout hikes building up too my actual trip I am finding that the pack is very comfortable and has plenty of space for the gear I will use for the 33 day hike. With plenty of adjustments that pack can be made to fit comfortably and still carry a 20lb load. Pros: Light weight and adjustable. Cons: Access to water bottle and the waist belt could be a little sturdier.
on August 21, 2013
Really like osprey backs and the way they stand up. This one was perfect for a 2-week trip to Paris and throughout England. Worked great as a carry-on, superb weight distribution, and would even be interested in one just a bit bigger...except that would mean it would be heavier and wouldn't work as a carry-on.
on August 12, 2012
I bought this bag a little naive on the cubic inch measurements. I thought it would be bigger. It is a great bag, just not the size I was looking for. I encourage you to go to a store and examine in person and then come to Amazon.
on May 7, 2014
Ive only had this pack out once so far but it was the most comfortable pack that i have ever used in my life. My total pack weight with this pack for a week was only 24lbs 4oz thats including food and water. This pack weighs just over 2lbs while my old pack weighed a wapping 12lbs alone!! The trampoline mesh backing is so comfortable. Beets the pants off of fome pads that most packs have. Its a rucksack style meaning that its like a tube but unlike most rucksacks it has a light frame on the inside. It also has much studier materials then the slightly lighter Exos which i have used and liked a lot less then the Talon!
on January 24, 2013
I love this backpack. It's light. It has good volume. It still has bells and whistles for such a light pack like gear loops for my ice tools, holders for trekking poles, and even sleeping pad loops. It feels great on my back too. They only problem is the lightness comes with a price. It is very fragile. My first day with this pack was rock climbing in the Tetons. I ripped the bottom. I did nothing I wouldn't do with any other pack I've owned. I just placed it not so gently on the rock during breaks, and it apparently couldn't stand up to that. I should note Osprey did patch it for free. I also still bring it out on most of my trips. I have to be mindful of where I put it down or what I'm rubbing against.
on October 9, 2013
Osprey is hands down my favorite brand of backpacks. They make packs that just make sense. The talon is super light and unbelievably comfortable. I am more of an ultralight backpacker, but have even used this pack recently for carrying my climbing gear. Its a simplistic pack, and that's what I love about it. I reccomend this for anyone looking for a lighter weight, super functional pack.

Seea full review of this awesome pack here: [...]