5.0 out of 5 stars What An Incredible Backpack: Fantastic!!
This is the perfect pack for hiking long distances. It has GREAT features that will meet EVERY need a hiker could have with all the "bells and whistles".

Published 8 months ago by Boatman

3.0 out of 5 stars Weekend Backpack
The fit of the pack is great. I was looking for an upgrade to my Teton Sports Explorer 4000 which has been a great pack for the money.
I researched for a couple weeks debating between the Gregory Baltoro , Deuter Act 50 and the Osprey Aether 60. I chose the Osprey for its look and its reputation As well as the middle of the road pricing.
I was disappointed to...
Published 6 months ago by Dustin Colton

5.0 out of 5 stars What An Incredible Backpack: Fantastic!!, November 2, 2013
Boatman (Kalamazoo, Michigan) - See all my reviews

Aesthetically, it is very pleasing "eye candy" as far as backpacks go. I love the way it is designed and you could not ask for a more beautiful looking piece of hiking equipment. Sorry, I just get into how things look. Personally, I prefer the Midnight Blue, or the Arroyo Red. Nothing should be green unless it is growing in the ground. But, that's just me.

Functionally, it has every detail of a GREAT backpack you could ever want. Nice pockets, great materials that are water-resistant, light-weight, and all the compression straps and connectors work seamlessly. The best is the small zip pouches in the hip belt for easy access so you don't have to remove the pack to get to your most often used small items like, an iPod shuffle, your clip on sunglasses, nose spray, etc. I especially love the top compartment for items you most often use, and the bottom compartment to store your sleeping bag. Excellent design.

Comfortable beyond imagination. When you slap and snap this baby on you will not want to take it off. It fits nicely and with the adjustment straps, an easy pull brings it to just the right fit for your body. It is also very easy to remove when you, sadly, have to remove it from your back. No struggling to remove it. After walking a few inches, you forget you have it on as long as you don't go over 10% of of your body weight loading it with your gear you will need on that long hike.

The price is well worth it for what you get in all these cool features and I doubt I will ever need another pack for the rest of my life due to the quality of construction and its durability. It's tough and beautiful at the same time.

I've been using my Osprey Aether 60 backpack for several months EVERYDAY training for a 500 mile walking trip next year, so everything I've said is from personal use and experience with this wonderful backpack.

I am glad that "Amazing-zon" is offering this item because they make it very easy to purchase and want you to be a happy customer in anything you purchase through them.

Great job!!

~

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, September 30, 2013
I researched these a lot before I invested in one for my husband's birthday gift. He has used it a lot and adores it. All that it says is true and it works perfectly. Can't say enough good things about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first backpack, July 29, 2013
I can't compare it to others because it's my first, but it is great in my opinion. It was a lot bigger than I excepted, but after packing everything in I'm glad I went with this size. It's super comfy too

5.0 out of 5 stars Aether 60, November 8, 2013
Arrived as advertised....I would recommend this as an amazing pack for anywhere from 2 days to a week depending on your load out. Suspension system fits very well to your body and has a spot for osprey's camelbak reservoir. Also the midnight blue is a shade lighter in person than it appears online

5.0 out of 5 stars bells & whistles galore!, July 7, 2014
Bought this pack for my husband. He has used it twice so far and loves it. It has all the bells and whistles you can think of with secret compartments and a loop and place for everything! Compared to my little Gregory pack, it is definitely better! I am now jealous :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pack Osprey!!, June 4, 2014
This Aether 60 pack doesnt cease to amaze me. Lightweight, strong, comfortable and roomy for a mid size pack. The outer has lightweight stretch mesh pockets for added gear and ease of access while on the go. I bought my one in NZ years ago when Osprey had just hit the market here and I have grown to respect Osprey design, innovation after many years of wearing only NZ brands like Macpac. Osprey packs should be a consideration for anyone looking at upgrading. I didn't think the Aether series could get any better but seems its now more featured with hip pockets, apparently better hip belt and colour range is better too. I really want one but the old one is so good...nice one Osprey!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of gear, May 29, 2014
After researching packs for weeks and driving my wife bat**** crazy...I finally settled on the Osprey Aether. My biggest decision point for this pack was whether or not to purchase the 60L or 70L version. I went with the 60L and I think it was the right decision for my needs. The 60L has plenty of room for multi-day outings so long as you pack with intelligence and use quality, lightweight/ultralight gear.

This is a mountaineering pack that crosses as a medium weight backpacking pack. The materials used are very high quality and the construction is bomb-proof. The zippers are sturdy and do not snag when opening/closing. The buckles are sturdy enough to tolerate a fair amount of pressure when cinching down the compression straps. The suspension system is one of the best I've seen and is constructed with thoughtful design. The sternum strap, is movable but requires a great deal of force to move the base clamps. This can be annoying at first thought but is a blessing when on the move and not worried about re-adjusting due to slippage.

The design of this pack is impressive. The pack fits like a mountaineering pack with a lower profile towards the bottom. Everything seems to be made with the user in mind. The front access zipper allows for a full access of the main compartment, making it a breeze to access those otherwise buried items. The hip-belt pockets are sized intelligently, allowing for a smartphone/gps device. The H2O pocket on this model is between the main compartment and the suspension system. I have not used the pack with a hydration system so I cannot attest to whether or not the design functions as desired. First glance, it seems that it would be a very tight fit for a 2L bladder.

Cons: There is not much in the way of organization on this pack. I think the pack could be improved with better options such as a front pocket for stowing small items, or a zippered/divided space in the top pocket. These features would, however, add weight and perhaps detract from the mountaineering aspect of the packs design. I personally can do without...just something to note.

Bottom line: this pack is most certainly a 4-5 star bag. I give it 5 because it is everything I needed in a pack and I know it will last me for many seasons. If you are looking for a pack solely for backpacking on an established trail, this rating should drop since there are other packs out there that probably fit that bill with a bit more precision and less weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pack comfortable, October 29, 2013
This review is from: Osprey Men's Aether 60 Backpack (Sports)
Excellent pack comfortable not to durable if your dragging your pack up cliffs but is worked well for me and there warranty is the best

5.0 out of 5 stars great backpack!, September 11, 2013
I am speechless!!! Exactly what I wanted! I am very happy for my decision to by this amazing backpack. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Back Pack!!!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Osprey Men's Aether 60 Backpack (Sports)
I know nothing about back packs but I think I can recognize quality. This exact model, color, etc. was on my Grandson's Christmas list. He is quite picky. He had looked at this unit at REI and we were able to save some money at Amazon. When we received the Backpack, I was very please with the quality. I do not know what else you could put on it. I was very happy we were able to give my Grandson something this nice.

Osprey Men's Aether 60 Backpack, Bonsai Green, Medium