Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 27, 2013
The airline I frequently fly with charges a fee for traditional size carry-on now but allows each passenger one free personal item with a maximum size of 16 x 14 x 12. This bag is slightly over at 19.5 x 12 x 14 but since it's a flexible backpack, it easily fits into their sizing box no problem. This pack is large enough to accommodates several days worth of casual clothing and additional personal items needed when traveling. It has cinches on both sides at the top and bottom just in case you need to compress it so as not to catch the eye of the flight attendant for an oversize bag.

This day pack looks to be well made and durable. I've only used it twice but so far everything seems sturdy, no fraying or zipper issues. It's also very stylish and I've received many compliments on it.

The only thing I do not like about this pack is the rather thick foam padding in the back panel which I'm hoping will become more flexible with use. This is not a design defect with the bag since this is a hiking backpack and the foam is probably a good thing if you're carry a heavy load up trails but for my light travel usage, it's a bit too ridged.

Overall, this is a nice looking, quality day pack. I will update if any issues come up.
on March 5, 2013
I bought this backpack for 2 uses, one being my work bag (I work in 3 different sites for a public health department and I have to lug my laptop/charger/paperwork everywhere) and to use on day hikes with my hubby. I've had it for nearly 4 months now and I haven't had one second of disappointment. The two drink compartments are great for my travel mug and water bottle and the numerous pockets give me lots of options to keep things organized. I am 5'6" and weigh 135 lbs, medium build and it fits perfect!
on October 31, 2013
This is my third osprey bag. I have the flap jack and the Porter 46 also. I fist bought Osprey bags because of their warranty, now I buy them because of their comfort. This bag is great. It is replacing my Patagonia Refugio bag which never really fit me right. This bag is way more comfortable when loaded down with a laptop, iPad, notebooks, and textbooks then any of my other bags. If you need a school bag, buy this. If you need a travel bag, buy this. If you need a hiking bag, buy this.
on August 1, 2014
This is a fantastic bag. I've always loved Osprey's bags, and this one is no exception. It's not huge, but I've had it for a little over a year and have yet to encounter a situation where I wasn't able to fit my stuff in it - my bag has weighed upwards of 30 pounds, but I was able to fit textbooks, two jackets, a lunch, and water bottle without protest. I've also used it as a day bag for short trips and as a lightweight hiking bag, and its done its job admirably.

It doesn't have a ton of pockets, which isn't a downside to me. However, if you're the type that likes a bag with pockets and sleeves out the wazoo, this bag isn't for you. It also lacks good padding around the laptop sleeve, which worries me but hasn't yet been a problem.

With that being said, there's a laptop sleeve, a document sleeve, a pouch on the top, an elastic pocket in the front that does well for novels or a small jacket, two narrow pockets on the sides that serve an unknown purpose, and two elastic water bottle sleeves on the sides.

There are also an inordinate number of straps and buckles to allow you to secure your belongings without fear. Seriously, I've sprinted through airports with this thing (and suffered through high school hallways, and hiked desert trails), and I haven't lost anything yet, including my 1L Nalgene.

Its also pretty comfortable. It conforms to my body pretty well, and has numerous adjustment straps. Its not like wearing a cloud or anything, but its definitely a cut or two above your average JanSport or run of the mill bag.

Also, you can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty. Even if one of the heavy duty zippers breaks that close the main pocket, you can send it in and get it replaced.

Bottom line: Fantastic bag! A great buy.
on January 9, 2013
Bought this as a replacement to a messenger bag. Much more versatile, even though it is a little bigger. Very comfortable to carry, and swallows up whatever I need. Great for a school bag, weekend trip, or day hike.
on February 19, 2016
I love this backpack. My friend has had one for several years, has used it for several overseas trips, and it has held up extremely well. In fact, it still looks brand new. I'm glad I was able to buy one just like it. I'm using it for a carry on, on an airline that limits me to 11 pounds. This backpack is very lightweight, surprisingly roomy and I can fit all of my electronic gear that I don't want to check, including a small laptop (nice padded laptop sleeve), documents and paperwork (another sleeve), as well as 2 pairs of sandals (ladies size), a change of clothes, and essential toiletries. There are pockets everywhere. Also there are adjustments everywhere; it can be adjusted to a very comfortable fit for either myself (5'7" lady) or my partner (6' husky man). It even has a little emergency whistle on one of the buckle ends of the sternum strap (see photo)!

Several people mentioned that they didn't have a good use for the two long thin zippered pockets on both sides, but I love those particular pockets. In one, I carry a small umbrella, which fits perfectly and allows the pocket to zip fully closed. In the other, I carry a small tripod for my camera.

There are big, stretchy pockets on both sides that hold a good sized water bottle.

Bottom line: This backpack is lightweight, roomy, comfortable, loaded with pockets and adjustments, and it's even a pretty color. It seems to be very well-made, and my friend's backpack has held up well for several years, including several trips overseas. Highly recommended.
on September 25, 2013
Great color, a bit brighter that the images online. Exceptionally well made. Great pocket design. The stuff pouch on the front is awesome--you will use it everyday. Plenty of straps for the perfect fit. Laptop sleeve protected my macbook 13" well. I use the bag for school, it does everything I need it to do. Even got caught in a downpour/thunderstorm and this bag kept my books and laptop perfectly dry. Gotta love Osprey!
on August 28, 2013
There's much to like about this pack. I use it for business--carrying a laptop/iPad, books, papers and all of the little necessities like pens, address book, etc. This pack has lots of space in the main compartment with a laptop and paper/tablet slot. The organizer pocket is small, doesn't organize much. Two oddly long pockets on the sides. Water bottle and front stretch pocket are nice. The shoulder straps fit really well. Love the zipper pulls. The pack is light, lighter than the TNF Recon, but its space comes in length, which is not necessarily helpful if the main use is for school. Osprey makes good bags and this one is worth considering. The jury's still out for me about whether this will become my main everyday bag.
on March 11, 2014
Based on current reviews, I purchased it , only to return it. The quality of the bag is outstanding, but design is not. Advertised capacity of 34L is tricky, meaning the space is including the pockets. Now , here is where the problem begins. First of all , the pockets are supposed to be an extension to the bags and not encourch bag space, so when you start filling the outer pockets, they start taking space with in the bag and becomes an real inconvience for the stuff inside. No real water bottle holders on the outside. Deep pockets are the ones which encroch and eventually become a pain. Very less outside pockets , meaning you cannot have miscellaneous items on the outside.

When comapring to deep pockets, swiss gear have them too, but they always expand to outside when filled and not inside. Real waste of money . this might be a good bag for college goers with books and laptop , but not for day packers and office goers where in particular i would like to carry my lunch box, a pair of change cloths for gym and etc.
on June 13, 2014
I carry this to work, to school and to hike! It's amazing. Fits everything I need. A laptop, books and notebooks, along with a waterbottle, snacks and even my electrical engineering wire, solder and pliers! Pencils and office supplies can go in the front and I keep an extra phone charger in the inside mesh pocket. Solid straps, feels great on your back and great adjustability. The mesh part on the outside is my favorite part. I can easily add and take out stuff carelessly without having to open the whole bag.
The bag is somewhat waterproof; I ran through a storm just pouring it my bag and it was surprisingly water resistant. Of course whatever is in the mesh on the outside will get wet but my laptop and books were dry!

My only complaints are that with my laptop (a 13" MBP) I can't find anything to fit in the small mess pocket stitched to the laptop sleeve. The edge of the laptop rests on that so anything I put there will push the laptop outside, making it feel awkward and not planted in the bag. My second complaint is the bag doesn't have enough support to rest open and upright on its own. This is especially true if you have a MBP charger in the front top pocket. With the bag open, it just slouches over and falls on itself, which can be a hassle when loading up the bag. Other than that this bag is perfect. I was really nit picky when choosing the perfect bag and this suits all my needs! Plus the lifetime warranty!!