5.0 out of 5 stars Best hydration pack on the market
The Osprey Hydration packs are the best that I've used. The synchro 10 sits away from my back to keep it cool, and has plenty of room for a multi tool, pump, tube, jacket, phone, and any other basics. The hydration bladder had a stiff back and performs extremely well. Highly recommended!
Published 20 months ago by Mark D. Ludwin

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for cycling, running, and hiking
Published on June 6, 2012 by M. Fanto

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hydration pack on the market, October 20, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice Hydration pack, bladder just ok., October 14, 2012
This review is from: Osprey Packs Syncro 10 Hydration Pack with Reservoir (Sports)
I really like this pack, I use it both for biking and hiking/walking. The size is great for a quick trip, and there is plenty of room for both the full bladder and those must have items.
The air speed suspension is tremendous, and one of those, once you have it, it's hard to live without features.
The bag sits extremely well on the back for both bike and hike. It's light and very comfortable.
The magnetic mouth piece hookup is a really nice feature, and it makes grabbing that drink that much easier.
I like that the bladder has a stiff backing, it keeps the bladder put and it doesn't move at all in the bag.
The only complaint I have is that of most bladders, with the screw close opening on the side. It makes it harder to fill and empty or clean the bladder.
On the whole I really like this pack, and it's typically my go-to for short trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aweseme Mountain Bike Hydration Pack, July 10, 2012
Awesom hydration pack! The offset mesh on the back of the hydration pack reduces heat from your back allows continues air to flow, great compartment layout through out the pack. Awesome!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little Riding Pack!, June 28, 2012
k-girl (the vineyard, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this bag to replace a Camelbak that I wasn't thrilled with.

I easily fit 3 liters of water, rain jacket, pump, spare tube, multi tool, tire levers, headlight, back light, energy bars, keys, cell phone, id, and sunglasses. And the best part: it never feels heavy! The magnetic bite valve attachment is a huge plus as you don't have to search for the tube while riding. I also love the harness / frame system for airflow.

Only complaint: On Osprey's Zealot bags, they added zippered pockets to the waist belt and the harness shoulder straps. My friend uses this bag, and while I really like my bag much better, these small features make be a bit envious. Otherwise, a fabulous little riding pack!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pack for short rides., May 26, 2012
Great pack, love the ventalation system, sort of small but it fits my purpose for shorter rides where you just need the basics. Super light and fits very well while riding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for walking/hiking - Too heavy for cycling, March 22, 2012
First off - this pack is built solid and its easy to see that some heavy thought has gone into the design/engineering of this pack. The pack is very comfortable with pleanty of storage for small items. I suggest you opt for the next size up if you would like to pack a small sweater inside. I rode with it on a hot day and my back was not sweaty one bit. The Air-Speed design is awesome and overall the pack looks great.

I really wanted to like this pack for road cycling. For me, its a pain having to stop and buy water during a 50+ mile ride (I only have one bottle cage). This is why I purchased the Osprey Syncro 10. Unfortunately, it too heavy once the hydration pack is filled with fluid. I estimate that with the hydration pack filled - that it weighs around 7+/- pounds total. I knew after the first 2 mile climb that there was no way that I was going to ride with this pack again.

Will I return it? Heck no! I will use this pack for moutain bike riding or to go hiking with. The pack as a whole is well built and Osprey also has a lifetime warranty, so you cant go wrong with that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for cycling, running, and hiking, June 6, 2012
I have several different backpacks now, each one packed for the particular bike I am riding that day, (mountain, trail, or my road bike). I commute to work 20 miles on my bike 2-3 days a week, and wanted something small and light as possible when riding my road bike. The pack is excellent quality, as you would expect for the kind of money this item costs. The internal frame is very comfortable and is designed so it rests about an inch, vertically, from your back. This is the main feature, in addition to being very light weight, in which it differs from cheaper packs, like Camelbak. Additionally, the hydration system is made by Nalgene, and has a magnetic clip which actually allows you to refasten the drinking tube quickly, ensuring that the tube doesn't get in your way. My particular pack is the smallest of the Osprey packs, and there is really only room for the hydration reservoir, a spare tube and pump, a few tools, your wallet, and maybe a Snickers Bar. About the only downside is that Osprey products are currently made in Vietnam; I wish that Mike Pfotenhauer would have left his company in America, as I am normally willing to pay the price different for American made products.

Update, 12 July 2012
I guess I have used this packet all of 15-20 times and the inner divider between the inner and outer compartment is ripping apart. Pretty disappointed. I don't plan on returning the packet because it still works for what I need it for, however, my cheap Camalbaks have lasted for years with no issues. If your looking for high quality, I have had much better luck with the Germany company Deuter.

Rate and Discover Movies