5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
Published on January 19, 2012 by henry6523

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as I expected
Published on August 9, 2012 by tkd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Oster 118530-001 Fusion blender blade cutter 4980. (Kitchen)
Amazing! I have a vintage Osterizer model 403 blender, which I bought from Ebay a few years ago. The motor on this thing is great, but the blade is rather dull. I wasn't sure if the Fusion blender blade would fit my blender, but went ahead and bought it. Once I received it in the mail, I tore open the box and slid it in place... it was a perfect fit! I was on the verge of buying a vitamix or blendtec, and I'm SO happy I didn't. This blade has turned my sturdy and well crafted blender into a whirlpool machine! It slices through it all without any sort of plunging; beets, carrots, ice, apples! Great addition to my blender!

4.0 out of 5 stars Significant upgrade over standard 4-blade, October 28, 2011
The six-blade cutter is a serious upgrade over the standard 4-blade cutter that most Oster blenders come with; I bought this cutter because I had just purchased a blender and knew from past experience that the standard 4-blade is woefully inadequate for quality milk shakes--half of it is thick, and half of it is milky, it is NOT evenly blended--and with that in mind I had looked at the Milk Shake blade cutter made by Oster, but it did not look like it was overly useful either for grinding ice or for much beside milkshakes, so I decided to buy the six-blade.

I have already made a milkshake using this blade and the shake had a much better consistency than my past experiences with the 4-blade cutter. This blade is unquestionably my blade of choice, and the 4-blade is strictly an emergency/interim backup at this point should something eventually go wrong with the 6-blade.

Note: I might give it 5 stars, but have not used it extensively yet so I do not want to "over-hype" it...and I get only so enamored with kitchen appliances. It is, however, a quality accessory and worthwhile upgrade that is worth purchasing if you are tired of the default 4-blade cutter.

5.0 out of 5 stars blends well, May 17, 2011
chopps everything without leaving ice chunks. i drink protein shakes every morning and afternoon because my teeth hurt when i chew, its an old thing. anyway i would rather drink my food and this blade works 10 times better than th ice blade that comes with the unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade, March 18, 2012
This Fusion Blade Cutter is really excellent compared to the original 4 blade cutter, this blade has six cutters and the top four are like knives, so it really cuts. I like making protein smoothies with frozen fruit and before with the original 4 blade cutter it always left chunks behind and never really made it as smooth, but with this 6 blade cutter it really chops it up nice and smooth and I don't have to leave it running for a long time for it to blend it all up. I also purchased the milkshake blade because I thought it might do the job as well, before I got the fusion blade. Unfortunately it did not, The milkshake blade is good for Milkshakes, pretty much what it says. I recently found out what is the difference between a "Milkshake" and a "Smoothie". A Milkshake is ice cream and milk and a Smoothie is ice, fresh or frozen fruit or vegetables and juice or liquid, that's where the Fusion blade comes in. I would recommend this Fusion Blade Cutter for anyone who likes to make Smoothies or chop up certain types of solid foods, although I never tried it with solid foods, but I'm pretty sure it would do the job just as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Oster blades, October 14, 2011
Homemakers on a budget take note.
I bought my Oster Galaxie 14 speed blender new, many, many moons ago. Unlike me, it's still like a rock.
You don't need a fancy pants food processor (my ex took it with her and I don't miss it nor her) to provide proper nutrition to your loved ones. Blenders new and used are everywhere and cheap.
I've gotten hooked on super healthy Orange Smoothies, 2 oranges whole (peeled), some ice, and various spices. Vanilla and Cinnamon are a good starting point. Imagination Rules.
I believe I have all of the different Oster blades (four or five). To an uncritical eye, they all look alike. But they definitely are not alike in performance. This relatively new one does fit all of the older jars.
This blade is best at crushing ice and macerating oranges, something which was a problem for me with all of the older blades. Even so, I still keep a small soup ladle handy to occasionally pound the contents a bit (while OFF) when the process doesn't want to get started on its own. When the process is good, it's less than a minute.
IMHO, there is nothing which can be bought in a deli or even a health food store which is as good nor as inexpensive as my own orange drink (for perspective, I live in Manhattan).
Use your own experience and judgement. Food memories of my Mother are real to me even at my advanced age.
Prosper and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love again my blender!, October 20, 2011
A must when you want or need to blend soups or foods without chunks. Excellent to make baby food or food for people with swallowing disorders!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a very good product GREAT!, June 9, 2013
I have a confession. I can be lazy! So I use a mason jar on my Oster blender to blend my everyday, morning smoothie in so I can take it with me. It great little trick I learned along the way in my search for the perfect "personal" blender. I had it all along without buying one...my Oster blender and any mason jar! Amazing! But I do often overfill the jar which taxes the blender motor. So I thought I would try this blade to see if it would help. And it definitely does. Now when I don't overfill the mason jar with ingredients, I get one of the creamiest, smoothest smoothies ever (made from frozen strawberries (sliced or whole), frozen blueberries, spinach (great nutrients, changes the color but not the flavor), 1% milk, Optimum Nutrition's Oat and Whey Protein (AWESOME PRODUCT with no artificial sweeteners! woohoo!), a banana and 1/4 cup of vanilla Greek yoghurt). Even when it is over-filled, this blade chops it all up so that I have no chunks and a "smooth" smoothie! YUM!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as I expected, August 9, 2012
I bought this product to blend up my protein shakes and was awed by the look of the blades. I thought, "surely those will cut through ice and make my shakes really smooth!" Alas, the blade, while sharp, actually "looks" old or antique--not shiny like one would expect for new. I can overlook that, because I've found many-an-item in an antique store or a neglected item in a musty hardware store that works 10 times better than the "modern" or "new-and-improved" version. So...so far, I've made only two shakes with this blade, and I can say that I am not overly impressed. To me, the blade works no better than the original blade which came with my blender. Small ice or fruit bits remain in my shakes just as they would when I use the original blade.

5.0 out of 5 stars YES! What a $$ saver!, February 4, 2013
I drink smoothies daily, and I blend kale and other leafy greens and was contemplating an upgrade to a very expensive blender so that my smoothie making will be easier and less time consuming. I stumbled across this beast of a blade and figured I'd try it out. SO GLAD I DID!! The blender I was looking to buy is almost $400, but now with this blade I can blend to a pulp anything I put in my blender. I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good blade. Comes with a quality rubber gasket ring., May 7, 2012
This is a nice blade that delivers a moderate improvement in performance when compared to the Oster ice blade. As a nice bonus, it comes with a thick and sturdy rubber ring, just like the original ring that came with the blender.