Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oster 4125 6-Piece Kitchen Center, Chrome
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on January 14, 2006
Please do not confuse this model with other Oster blenders sold here and elsewhere! They might look the same, but are not! This is THE model we all have seen in Bar's all over the world, for many years. And for good reason. THEY LAST! And it doesn't cost $100 +.

It has a 500 Watt motor, and the all metal drive, which inserts directly into the blade assembly, is nothing like that of other (more cheaply made) blenders by Oster or Kitchenaid/Cuisinart, etc.

This particular offering is a fantastic deal. You get the the original, all stainless-steel container, a real glass (not plastic!) container as well, another smaller container, with the food processor attachment, that's perfect for salad dressings/sauces/nuts, as well as a pair of blades!

In short, if you want the blender professional chef's and bartender's prefer and use, this is the one. It will out-last two or three of the cheaply made, albeit more expensive, posers.
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2006
I spent several weeks researching blenders. Even the top rated Braun has reviews that aren't that great when it comes to crushing ice, which is what I was looking for. This thing completely pulverizes ice to a smooth, soft, slushie consistency. I was looking to recreate a certain frozen drink that I get at a restaurant, and the one we made with the Oster was even better than the restaurant's! And they use one of those expensive frozen drink machines! It's loud, but it works like a breeze. The only thing I noticed is that it's so powerful, you need to put a towel over the lid because it will splatter out a little through the middle cap. A small price to pay for the power this Oster has! All the extras it comes with are a great bonus too!

Edited to add that 6 years later the blender works as well as day 1! I read through the reviews and see that some customers received blenders with the instructions in Spanish. My blender set came with the regular English language operating manual. I did purchase this directly through Amazon so maybe some sellers are selling a model for another country?
on February 1, 2013
While I hate to have to enter a star rating to write the following, I felt I should apprise people of the fact this blender is no longer made. After going to the Oster website and not finding this particular blender, I e-mailed Oster and received this information:

"Thank you for contacting Oster, a brand of Jarden Consumer Solutions.
The 4125 Beehive Kitchen Center you are inquiring about is obsolete or discontinued. The parts and service for this product are no longer available. The Jarden Corporation has made the decision to sell separate kitchen appliances for marketing purposes. We no longer manufacture ALL-IN-ONE appliances."

The 4125 has received good reviews and sounds like a quality product, so it's a little perplexing why they discontinued the item (they know their sales figures, however). I have seen reviews which stated the 4125 is manufactured for the overseas market, which is incorrect. It's been completely discontinued, so make your purchasing decisions accordingly.
VINE VOICEon January 6, 2007
I waded through a myriad of blender reviews before settling on the Oster 6-in-1 Stainless Steel Blender. We used to have a vintage Oster beehive blender from the 1960s, so I knew that it was a brand with a good reputation. The biggest appeal of the 6-in-1 is its versatility: besides the blender jug, it also comes with a milkshake blade and stainless milkshake pitcher, food processor, and baby food jar.

The motor drive is metal, and the blender base is stainless, with a very solid weight to it. So many of the other blenders I researched had plastic gears and components and looked as if they'd break the first time I used them. With 550 watts, this is more like a jackhammer that quickly and effectively makes short work of ice cubes. There are only three basic speeds, and I've found that pulsing works best, as the motor may work overtime when you're only blending a small amount. Unlike some reviewers, I didn't find the Oster's motor to be as noisy as claimed.

I've used it to make milkshakes and breakfast smoothies (ice cubes, almond milk, yogurt and frozen berries), and also used the included food processor attachment to make a small batch of artichoke dip (artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon juice and mayo). I have many recipes that will make good use of these additional features. This is a good deal for the money, as it is capable of more than simply blending. I only wish that some of the additional components were built of a sturdier plastic (the rubber gaskets are flimsy as well).
on July 25, 2005
This set is built like a truck, drives like a Porsche, looks like a Ferrari and has all the practicality of your favorite mini-van. Get it? Good. Buy one.
22 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2011
Short of spending 3 times as much I challenge you to find a better one. Mine has lasted 6 years and I use it 6-7 times a day. I work it hard. I have to use a feeding tube to feed myself and so everything has to be a liquid. Any little specks or the tube will clog it and I have to take it apart and run a special tool down it to clear it. So I depend on it being liquefied. It does an amazing job. Lesser blenders would have burned up. It's not fancy no 10 speeds but it works and is very tough. I have gone though 2 blades and seals 3 locking rings and one shock coupling. Those were easy to find and didn't cost much. I beat the hell out of it doing what I do. It may have to run under a heavy load for more than a 2 min.. It gets warm to the touch but it keeps working. I have another one that is 3 times that old that needs a few parts but it still works. It is so old that the rubber feet disintegrated. I don't use it because it has been knocked around and looks bad. I keep it for emergencies.
on December 13, 2006
The motor is really powerful and the option of 3 jars is very handy. Food Processor works really well. Am very happy with this purchase.
on September 2, 2012
It's really too soon to adequately rate the blender itself so this rating is specifically for the 4125 set. If you are an Amazon Prime member, this is the worst way to buy this Oster blender set. I needed a blender gift quickly, and this seemed a good purchase. However, after doing the research after-the-fact on the Oster blender set 4125; I determined all the accessories were available separately through Amazon Prime at less cost. If I had bought the accessories individually I would have saved about $23.00. Of the only two items that weren't available via Amazon Prime, one included 'free shipping', and the other was about $4-$5 dollars for shipping! Also, I still had to purchase extra black plastic bottom rings that connect the blender jar to the blender base. This Oster blender set I Purchased had one for the blender, but I then had to transfer it over to the stainless steel milkshake cup if I wanted to use that accessory. I also purchased an Oster 'Fusion' blade: Point is, If I had chosen only the accessories and extras I needed or wanted, I would have been been much better off. As it is; the accessories are O.K., just fair to average quality. The stainless steel milkshake container is fun to have, but nothing that can't be done with the milkshake blade and glass container. The 'Food Processor' attachment is really a simple high speed chopper. It doesn't have any slicer blades with it; nor are any available. If you want to pay about $8 dollars for the 8-oz. plastic mini-container be my guest.
Looking for reviews on different web sites for the 4125 blender shows this set isn't being sold most places anymore-- not even on the Official Oster website! this is born out by the return address on the package, it shows it was shipped from 'Southwest Clearance Consolidators,Inc.' I really don't know, but I suspect someone bought up a bunch of these discontinued sets and is selling them for a markoff from the original price, but still at a high price for what you are really getting. Bottom line: spend your money more wisely than I did. A much better set would have been just the 500, or 600 watt Oster Beehive blender alone for about $60.00, and the Cuisinart 7-cup food processor, ( the DLC-2007N is very nice, a 7-cup DLC-10S "classic" is also available), both are available from Amazon Prime for about a $100.00. They are real food processors that come with slicer accessories! Both blender and food processor have (historically) been rated tops in their catagories. It's too soon to tell if that's changed since Oster was bought by Sunbeam.
***Shortly after I bought the 4125, the price dropped from $150 to a more realistic $125.00. Under those circumstances, I would reccomend this set if you're interested in the accessories. With the "Fusion" blade it has proven to be a powerful blender... Too bad Amazon does not offer a rebate if the price drops within 30 days. I'm sure the liquidation company that's selling this set determine's the price without any kind of seller's warrany...
on March 16, 2008
I've owned this blender for nearly 3 years. It quickly became my best friend. It can be noisy,..but come on, who expects to crush ice silently? I'll fess up to using it at least twice a month, for frozen drinks, usually making anywhere from six to seven batches of frozen drinks per usage. By now, I would have buried a lesser blender.

I've had no problems using various sized ice cubes, no pre-crushing required for this unit. None of my guests have complained of slurping up a chunk of ice in their frozen concoctions. I load up the jar with ice and my choice of liquids, flip the switch and let the unit do its thing without having to nurse it. It doesn't take long to thoroughly crush and blend the drinks, leaving them thick and frozen.

I've used the food processor attachment on occasion with success. Given the limitations of a one speed / pulse blender as a food processor, I don't ask for much. However, it has done all that I've asked of it, from chopping onions and nuts to making garlic butter.

I paid $80 for my blender. At the time one of my friends looked at me like I was nuts for spending so much on a blender. Since then, she has buried two different $39.99 models, (not Oster) , without getting nearly the same usage as I have. Recently, I caught her making moves on my blender. Needless to say, I'll replace her long before I replace this blender.
on July 8, 2007
I use this blender every morning to make a protein shake, and I use about 12 ice cubes (instead of the 5 or 6 indicated in the product instructions). All of the ice is ground up smoothly with no chunks, and it does it in just a few seconds! I have been mourning the demise of my thirty year old Osterizer blender - it was the perfect blender! I've tried other blenders, but I was very disappointed in the ice crushing ability of each one. The 4125 works like my original blender that I loved. The best part is that this one has more features. It make great milk shakes, and it has done a good job with routine food processing jobs.

I don't think this blender is as loud as I was led to believe by reading the other reviews. It is actually quieter than my old one and the other models I have recently tried, and it works so quickly that the noise is not an issue at all for me.

I highly recommend this model for anyone looking for a heavy duty blender.