4.0 out of 5 stars Great
I wasn't sure if it would fit my "beehive" blend jar, but it did with no problems and is much better quality than the original plastic one.
Published on October 11, 2007 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Blender jar base does not match picture.
Published on April 27, 2011 by One-Shot Scot

1.0 out of 5 stars Blender jar base does not match picture., April 27, 2011
This review is from: Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base (Kitchen)
I have posted a picture of the old, thick, heavy Oster blender jar base next to the new, thin, lightweight model. The Oster blender jar base being sold by Amazon matches the unit shown on the right of my picture. It does not match the Amazon picture. Oster has chosen to replace its original, heavy-duty blender jar base with a cheaply-made, inferior knock off. This poor quality blender jar base seems to come with all new Oster blenders. This is an important point to consider when shopping for a new blender.

Update, April 29, 2011:

Today, I called Oster and the representative said that the Oster replacement blender jar base shown in the picture is no longer available. This representative also told me that mine is the first complaint she has received about the poor quality of this part. However, she also said that if enough people call and document their complaints about the blender jar base, Oster will produce an improved part.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really bad quality, November 28, 2009
This review is from: Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base (Kitchen)
I broke my old jar and jar base by dropping them to the floor, so I had to replace both. This new blender base started to have cracks after less than two weeks of use and it finally broke in to two pieces less than 3 weeks after I bought it. After looking at it more closely, I noticed that it had 6 different small cracks pointing perpendicularly outward from the hole in the middle of the base.

My vocabulary doesn't even contain a word for describing how bad the quality of this thing is. What makes it even worse is that I spent almost $100 on the blender itself and there doesn't seem to be a replacement part of quality similar to the original. This is one good reason to avoid buying their blenders in the first place.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base (Kitchen)
The item pictured is the old-style melamine blender jar base that was virtually indestructible. What I got, instead, was the new-fangled plastic version which is imminently destructible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, August 2, 2010
This review is from: Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base (Kitchen)
I revently bought an Oster Blender to replace the one I had for over 10 years. After one use, the wall of the blender jar base split. I noticed that the wall of the base was much thinner than the old one I had. Looking at the picture of the replacemnt part, it appeared to me to have a much thicker wall than the one that split, so I ordered it. Regretably, the base that I received has the same thin wall as the one that split. I suspect that it won't last. The picture is deceiving and the price for a replacement is outrageous given it's poor quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 11, 2007

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the one pictured!, October 13, 2010
This review is from: Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base (Kitchen)
Received this replacement part today. Want to warn any interested that the one they shipped is NOT the one pictured. The one pictured is much thicker than the one I received and the one pictured has 5 "fins" around the outside, whereas the one I received has 6. I guess Oster no longer makes a true replacement for their product, which is very sad because the base was once of good quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the item in the picture, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base (Kitchen)
I bought one of these last year as a replacement part for the original base (that didn't last too long either come to think of it)which split and cracked apart after about a year. I decided that I must be putting it on too tightly, so when this replacement arrived, I decided to be very careful putting it on to the blender jar. After about a month of careful use, it too cracked and fell apart. When I received it, I noticed to it looked different from the picture. Thinner and cheaper and more fragile. I guess I was right. Not impressed.

1.0 out of 5 stars flimsy and NOT as pictured!, March 13, 2011
This review is from: Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base (Kitchen)
The one I received didn't look anything like my original (which came with my Osterizer Classic bought in 1997 which is still grinding ice today) OR the one pictured,is a softer flimsier shiny plastic, and doesn't hold the jar stably in place while operating. I have to steady it with one hand while using the other hand to push the toggle switch to run the blender. They should at least give the picture of what you are actually getting, but I think they realize that if they did, very few would fall for it. I'm tempted to add a pic of the actual item so others can see what they are really buying.

Update: If I could give zero stars, I would, because the flimsy version split in very short order. The plastic material wasn't up to the stress of being screwed securely onto the base, and split after a few weeks of being on my blender. Now the hunt is on, for a GENUINE replacement cuff of the same quality of plastic material as the original. This wasn't it, and wasn't even a good short-term stand-in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Made, June 7, 2011
This review is from: Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base (Kitchen)
Before purchasing I read the other reviews so I already knew that the replacements break easily. Considering this I have taken great care not to tighten the bottom too much. However, after maybe one month of use the bottom has already cracked and broken. What a shame that I have a great blender that I can't even use just because the replacement parts are so poorly made.

1.0 out of 5 stars Startlingly crappy, December 23, 2011
This review is from: Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base (Kitchen)
While I have nothing new to add, I do want to support more recent reviews here and do my bit to make sure the rating average for this item is brought down as close as possible to the one star it rightly deserves. The traditional Oster blender jar base was a thick, heavy, durable piece of plastic you could substitute for a puck in a game of street hockey. While I do not play street hockey, my base broke all the same (albeit after many, many years of loyal service). This replacement base, which is apparently the new Oster standard (and is indeed not the one shown in the photo) seems about as durable as the plastic of a CD jewel case. Perhaps this product does deserve one star as, for the moment, it is screwing on correctly and keeping my blender usable. But come the time this one breaks, I will be replacing the blender instead of going through a series of these flimsy bases. Given the "quality" of this product, I suspect that time is coming very, very soon, and the replacement blender will not be an Oster.

Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base