5.0 out of 5 stars Like a new blender!!!!
Published on May 19, 2008 by Osmosis1

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an Oster branded part
I ordered these thinking from the description they were made by Oster. It came without a box, wrapped in brown paper. It does NOT have the Oster name stamped in it. Since all the other blades I've purchased have the name Oster stamped on them, and the manufacturing is a bit different, I conclude this is just an oster-compatible part.

It fits, and after one...
Published on November 27, 2012 by Capper

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a new blender!!!!, May 19, 2008
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)
I was given an Oster Blender as a wedding gift in 1986, and have been using it ever since. Lately, the margaritas were coming out with chunks of ice, and I thought it was because the motor was getting weak. After reading the reviews, I decided to try replacing the blade rather than forking out for an entire new blender. OH MY WORD!!!!! It truly is like having a new blender!! The margaritas are so smooth... no more ice chunks! I don't care where it is made - it will renew your old blender. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an Oster branded part, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)

It fits, and after one use seems okay. It appears very similar, with blades just as thick, and other dimensions matching - but I REALLY don't like deceptive advertizing. The price is good - but I expect a part advertized as Oster to be an Oster part.

***UPDATE*** It's now been six weeks. I bought two of them. The first one leaked the second time I used it, which usually is a sign that it's wearing out. (For me, the Oster brand ones start leaking after about 12-14 months of regular, heavy use.) After four uses, I stopped using it and went back to my already worn out Oster blade!

I've now started using the second "new" one. It didn't leak the second time I used it, but I don't have high hopes. I'm also trying to be really nice to it until I can get another blade - I don't want to be without a blender! My purpose on Amazon today is to try to find a true Oster blade.

Note: This review is for blades advertized as "by Oster", sold by Aza Mart from URL

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like new again, July 12, 2008
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)
I make smoothies that requires blending 6 ice cubes and frozen fruit nearly every day. I bought an Oster blender over a year ago and it has been great at making smoothies. Lately, it has been taking an incredibly long time to mix them and I figured the blender was finished. I resigned myself to buying a new blender but at the last minute, I decided to try replacing the chopping blade. I am so HAPPY I decided to give this a try because my blender is running like new again and saved me at least $20. I would recommend buying two at once as this will save you money on shipping costs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just like the original - keep a spare!, June 5, 2011
fast_matt (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)
This blade is genuine Oster, same benefits and weaknesses as the original. Significantly more effective than the no-name replacements a local hardware store sells.

Works well for salsa and does a number on ice as long as the rivet in the center holds. When that rivet breaks, the blades part company, the unloaded motor suddenly speeds up, and you aren't doing any blending unless you have a spare blade assembly at the ready. The blade crushes ice nicely, but the ice takes a toll... and since I make lots of crazy tiki drinks I go through a blade every year or two.

The Osterizer blender is simple, inexpensive, and effective; the blade assembly is its Achilles heel. However, the blades are relatively cheap and readily available so I ALWAYS keep a spare blade assembly and a gasket or two on hand. It's still cheaper (over a pretty long term) than buying a fancy blender with unknown parts availability, and I prefer the devil I know to the one I don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as original equipment, July 16, 2007
Hank (Atlanta, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)
This blade assembly is made by Oster, presumably the same part as that which came with my Oster blender, and is a perfect replacement at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A replacement part that really works!, July 28, 2010
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)
Got this a few months ago, after scoring a vintage Osterizer from the 60's in near-mint condition for $5.00. Now I have a blender that can make smoothies in no time flat, perfect for this hot weather. Heavy-duty blades really crunch up that ice, yet don't make the blender strain. Warning- shipping is high, but I still recommend this item, as it hands-down beats all the wimpy ones out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusting after 1st use. Buyer BEWARE!, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)
Buyer beware!! There is rust on the blade (around the bolt) after one use. This part is not stainless steel, so it will be useless in short order. I question the integrity of the seller after seeing this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Your buying a problem., April 22, 2014
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)
Although this unit is stainless steel about two weeks into using it, I started to get black liquid seeping through the bearing and realize it is not going to last. The blades will not rust because they are stainless but I am very disappointed with the bearing seal quality. I WOULD NOT recommend buying this product. I couldn't get one from the manufacturer if anyone finds at OEM part let me know. STAY AWAY FROM THIS JUNK! My 12 year one is in better shape then this "new" part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance one year later, May 10, 2009
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)
I purchased this blade 12-07 and it is still doing great now, 05-09. I needed a spare blade so I wouldn't have to disassemble my large blender pitcher for all the small jobs, and so I'd have a clean blade ready when needed. I grind coffee, ice, grains and baby foods primarily, and this blade performs wonderfully.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last..., March 18, 2013
This review is from: Oster 4961 Ice Blade (Kitchen)
We purchased this blade a month ago. I noticed that it was not a factory Oster blade and it was slightly off size, meaning it did not come out of the plastic threaded sleeve easily for cleaning. It also sounded different than the factory blade when the blender was in operation- we have two Oster blenders, so it was easy to compare. After only a month of use, it leaks black fluid out of the bottom. The factory Oster blades also do this when they are worn out, but it takes a lot more time and use for that to happen. I just purchased a new blade from another company on Amazon. I paid a few dollars more, but ordered a real Oster blade in a factory sealed carton. I won't buy anymore copies- not worth it.

Oster 4961 Ice Blade