5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my original!
Published on November 7, 2011 by Concerned Consumer

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit my beehive blender and cracked after a month
Published on September 26, 2010 by R. Clifford

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my original!, November 7, 2011
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
Recently, while washing my original Oster jar (1987), it slipped out of my wet, soapy hands & the edge cracked when it hit the sink. A search on Amazon found this item. It's definitely a different shape (the picture on Amazon looks like my original; much straighter sides, very narrow base, clearly square top). What I received was shorter (by about 1/2") and flares much more rapidly from the base, making it fatter. It's also "basically" square at the top, but each side has a very slight indentation. Well, I just used it, and I love it! The broader shape definitely seems to allow a better mixing vortex. Made the kids a smoothie and was very pleased - much better blending. A couple of additional items beyond the shape: 1. My original bottom fit the new jar perfectly. 2. The description of this item very specifically said "THIS IS NOT A GENUINE OSTER PART." However, what I received was in an Oster box, and has Oster molded into the glass itself near the top, just like my original. 3. It came with a FLEXIBLE white top AND the insert. 4. The other thing that surprised me greatly was the word "BOROCLASS (R)" molded into the glass on the lower part of the handle (my original definitely didn't say that; I hadn't tossed it until I got this, and I looked all over it. To me, this is a very interesting plus. Boroclass is a trademarked name for borosilicate glass. This is what the original Pyrex was made of until the 1940's, when they started changing to soda-lime glass. If you Google Pyrex (with modifiers like "original" or "exploding"), you'll learn about this. While borosilicate is said to be a little less impact resistant than soda-lime (apparently, in addition to COST (soda-lime said to be cheaper, of course), a reason for the change in formulation), it's said to be much more thermally resistant (more tolerant (not impervious!) to temperature changes than is soda-lime glass; hence a major reason it's used in lab glassware. Well, though I'm not likely to take it from the oven and blend ice in it, I found this very interesting! All in all, very pleased. My concerns are that the picture isn't accurate to what I received (I've posted pictures of my old & new jars), and the description is inaccurate (mine is Oster, box & molded name). So I hope that you get what I did! Mine came from the supplier "SCS Collectibles," also apparently DBA "ToysNGamesEtc;" that may help, because several suppliers are listed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit my beehive blender and cracked after a month, September 26, 2010
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
I have a classic beehive blender and the original glass jar was dropped and shattered into what must have been thousands of pieces. I was thrilled to find this online and ordered it. However, the glass threads don't fit well into the jar base and it leaks. We could sort of use it, although it is awkward to fit the jar base and replacement glass jar together. However, the other day I noticed a crack at the top of the new glass jar. Sigh. I think I will have to purchase a new blender. I'm not sure why the so-called "replacement" glass jar doesn't fit the base, it's just a bit "off"...but it just doesn't! Disappointing purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality and cusomer service, July 26, 2009
VTdoc (Vermont, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
Item is not original Oster. Broke the third time we used it and Goodman's did not want to refund because it was more than 30 days after purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars rliu, April 17, 2008
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
We had a workhorse of a ancient Sears electric blender purchased perhpas 40 years ago. It never quits but the glass container has been broken twice. The first time we managed to find a match from a local store in NYC. This time we just took a chance and ordered an Oster 5-cup jar. It was a perfect fit. To add a fresh matching o-ring gasket was a help too.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, December 10, 2010
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
Not an exact copy of the original but it works. What can else can you say about a basic glass object? Only problem that I had was that they apparently used a stock photo of the original jar, and I got what amounts to a general Oster replacement jar.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT MADE BY OSTER!!, October 2, 2013
Adriana in Los Angeles "Adriana" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
My glass jar broke, so that is the only part I needed. I still have the bottom (including the blades and washer) and the lid, so I was thrilled to find just the jar. Yes, it does fit my Oster blender, but barely. The bottom does not fit as snug as it should. Maybe if threaded enough to give it an extra half turn it would do the job.

But my biggest complaint is that the lid to my original Oster jar does not fit. This jar is taller and narrower than the one made by Oster.

I wish I'd known before I bought it. I would have gladly paid more to get a genuine Oster replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blender Cup is Great, December 17, 2011
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
My blender was bought in 1970--some 41 years ago. Recently the glass blender jar broke. After researching this on Amazon, I chose this seller to purchase another one. It was just what I needed. And now my 41 year old blender has been rejuvenated! Will it last another 41 years?

1.0 out of 5 stars blender jar, May 6, 2007
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
While the replacement jar fit our blender, the top of our blender did not fit the jar.

Why the one star? Hard to get the refund. Even though I had a return receipt, I was made to feel as though the company was doing me a service giving therefund

1.0 out of 5 stars This Does Not Fit Oster, January 8, 2015
Stilwell-Smith (Fayetteville, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
I bought this to replace my cracked Oster carafe. When I opened the box, it smelled like chemicals - really weird - and the carafe was a lighter weight. I then attempted affixing the plastic cap, O-ring, and blade onto the bottom of the carafe to no avail. The glass threading did not match the Oster parts and thus, the bottom did not seal. I compared the two carafes and the Oster's glass threading on the bottom was much more pronounced and closer to the bottom edge.
I'm attempting to return it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Viintage Quality Oster Glass Blender jar, July 17, 2008
This review is from: Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar (Kitchen)
I have the stainless steel beehive blender from my Mom, who had countless parties in the 60-70s using this blender. This year the base threads of the glass blender jar broke, and thank the heavens, Oster still makes the identical replacement! Still has the exact heft and quality as the old one, I am so happy. And the blender is still going strong for my parties and smoothies...

Oster 5-Cup Glass Square Top Blender Jar