5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blender
Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:01 Mins
Published on April 26, 2012 by Average Joe

3.0 out of 5 stars Review after 1 year
Had this blender for a year and use it several times a week to make fruit and veggie smoothies.

PRO: It crushes ice perfectly well, no problems whatsoever if you put in no more than 5 cubes at a time.

Published 14 months ago by Ella Kr

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blender, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Oster 6706 6-Cup Plastic Jar 10-Speed Blender, Black (Kitchen)
Length:: 5:01 Mins

Sorry for the quality of the video, Amazon doesn't allow higher res videos but hopefully this will help you see what you are getting. Just to summarize this is a great blender especially for the price I was choosing between this and Hamilton Beach 51101B Personal Blender with Travel Lid, Blackand I am extremely satisfied that I purchased the Osterizer because it has a higher capacity, way more blending options, and a built in fan to cool it. In the video the blender locks up for a second because I started with just straight ice and a little too much of it haha but once liquid and other ingredients were added all was well.

Only cons are that it is plastic and that it doesn't lock although it is pretty secure.

Also As stated in the video I have run this blender on high for 7 minutes straight with no burning smell or problems the fan works great. The smoothie I made was the same consistency all the way through and very smooth. I would recommend this blender as an entry level device for anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great blender for the price, March 25, 2011
Anon (Logan, UT, USA) - See all my reviews
This is the best blender I've had, and also the least expensive. I've had it a few months, use it 4-5 times per week, and I'm really pleased with it. It blends properly and does not leave lumps in the bottom of the jar. The only odd thing is that you have to make sure the jug is positioned properly on the base - other brands of blenders I've used have jugs that lock down firmly.

UPDATE: Recently when I pressed the "blend/puree" button nothing happened. It has died, but the rest of the buttons still work. I didn't need all those settings anyway, so as long as it will blend I have no plans to buy a replacement.

ADDITION: 2013, still happy with this cheap blender, even with one retired button! I should have mentioned (Oster should have made a very big deal about this) that the blending blade assembly also fits home canning jars. Very useful for making salad dressing.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Great! but the jar is Plastic..., February 13, 2011
I bought this blender about two months ago when my other Oster broke. Unlike my old one this came with a plastic jar. It works nicely and it can take a serious beating when i threw in four roma tomatoes whole. For the price it'll get the job done but if i could do it all over again i get one with a glass jar, cause plastic and odors from food like to hang out with each other. Plastic gets buffed in time as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review after 1 year, May 22, 2013
Ella Kr (new york, ny) - See all my reviews

PRO: No problem with frozen fruit (I used berries) or fresh fruit. I blended tough mangos, melons, pineapple, strawberries, celery, carrots, beets. apples (and I don't cut them too small beforehand). I use the "ice crusher/pulse" button to break all the food down, then switch to the liquify feature. I even grated almonds in it.

Admittedly, the smoothies do not come out as smooth and perfectly blended as professional blenders (but also it might be that I'm too impatient to leave the blender running for several minutes at a time; I usually don't blend for more than 1-2 minutes) but they're not chunky, they're perfectly drinkable.

PRO: I was worried about the plastic jar, but it's proven pretty tough. Hasn't cracked yet. I wash everything by hand, so can't speak as to how well it holds up in a dishwasher. But it's not nearly as delicate as it appears. Very easy to clean and store.

In regards to the plastic top being a hazard by slipping too easily thru the rubber--I don't know how hard everybody was pushing it in; just don't push it in so hard and it won't fall in!

CON: It did smell like burning rubber the first few times I used it, but that's gone now. The blender is loud, but most blenders are loud.
You hear the ventilation on the bottom, but even after I run it for 3,4 minutes straight it doesn't overheat.

CON: The cord is very short.

CON: The jar does not lock in place, and the blender shakes when it's handling a lot of food or when it's on pulse mode. So you have to hold it, at least for the first minute until the blending becomes smoother. This is the only real con that I take issue with.

IN GENERAL, it's a fine blender for the price. Makes great smoothies, just takes a little care while handling.

5.0 out of 5 stars fair quality... cheap price, March 19, 2011
the price was okay with free shipping. the quality is fair. mine is holding up okay and doing its job. it is a cheap one though. how long will it last and can it hold up... i will see.

update november 8, 2013: i use my blender daily to make green shakes using various vegetables out of my garden for example okinawa spinach spigarello leaves dandelion leaves a carrot etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement blender, October 30, 2011
Our old Oster blender finally died after years of service so I set out to find an exact replacement. This blender fit the bill and was very inexpensive. Not sure all the buttons are labeled the same but the jar mechanics are exactlly the same. The jar is plastic which is why it is a little less expensive than the same blender with a glass jar. I kept my old glass jar so this was not an issue for me.
Works great. Have had no issues so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, July 8, 2011
am pleased with the blender it's easy to use and I'm 67 so I want something that is handy and easy to use and this one fits the bill

3.0 out of 5 stars strong machine, poor quality plastic jar, January 22, 2011
strong enough to make great smoothies,
the jar is really poor quality, be sure you read all the product's features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, June 20, 2011
I bought this item two weeks ago, and let me tell you that im very happy with it, great price, fast shipping. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok., August 21, 2011
This is a blender. It works but if you hold on the ice crusher to long it starts to smell like rubber burning slightly. Otherwise, I love it. It gets the job done. Have only used it to make, smoothies, shakes and slushes. It's ok.

Rate and Discover Movies