Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oster 6325 2-Slice Toaster, Brushed Stainless Steel
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 22, 2005
What is wrong with the toasters they're manufacturing today? This was the second brand of toaster I had to return - also returned a Black & Decker - both would only toast one side! Seems like they'd have it right by now. I finally bought one of the refurbished Cuisinarts (an $80 toaster for $30), thinking I could put a spotlight on it and use it as a display piece if it didn't work, but the Cuisinart is a great toaster! I guess you get what you pay for (unless you buy refurb ;)
on December 25, 2007
Of all things weird - I felt strongly enough about this toaster to write my first review. I checked on a lot of toasters and this seemed to have everything I needed - or at least I thought so. I ultimately chose it because it had the longer slots that would work better for the organic and oval-shaped breads that I toast. Longer slots - yes, but the bread falls down into slots and there is no pop-up button, so I've burnt my fingers a number of times. I thought my old cheap toaster was bad, but this thing is really irritating. I'm not terribly picky about toast, but the bread is never toasted evenly. Some spots will be quite dark and others will be untoasted. Yesterday two slices were dark and two done right after that were barely brown. One last thing - the toast cycle takes forever. My pot of tea or coffee is ready before the toast is done. I guess the only advantage is that it looks nice.
on May 28, 2007
Out of the box, toast would not eject; even on the minimum setting, bread begins to burn. Trying to toast a single slice, which is how we prepare our toast. Tried single slice on either side so as to make sure that this might matter. Waiting for it to cool to return it. Yes, it looks nice, but if it doesn't eject the toast what good is it? This doesn't reassure me about their quality control or testing...
on January 5, 2011
I spent hours over the last few months looking on the internet for a toaster that would accommodate Oroweat bread slices. Oroweat bread is bigger than a standard loaf and won't fit in a regular toaster. Not once did I find toaster specs that mentioned slot length or depth. Its as if toaster manufacturers think their customers don't care if the bread they want to toast will fit in the toaster.

Anyhow, after I googled "long slot toasters" I found the Oster 6325 and bought one, still without knowing the slot dimensions. FYI the slot length is 6 5/8 inches and the depth is 5 3/4 inches, more than adequate to toast Oroweat bread properly.

I got the toaster yesterday and used it this morning. What a pleasure. Bread evenly toasted on both sides, a power cord that can be coiled underneath to get it out of the way, a crumb tray that pulls out for cleaning and a spiffy appearance on the counter top. This is not a bad deal for $30.
on November 28, 2015
Had this Oster 6325 for about four years but the spring loaded handle will no longer stay in the down (inserted) position. I was never that satisfied with either the uniformity of the toast or the fact that is toasted too slowly. It was one of the higher rated toaster when I purchased it, but I will replace this with a slightly more expensive and "hopefully" longer lasting toaster.
on July 23, 2009
I purchased this toaster and very disappointed, the slots are too deep, darkness settings don't work, can't get the toast out, have to unplug and use a knife then the toast is torn into pieces and some stay in the bottom and burn, constantly setting off the smoke alarm
on March 22, 2010
Nice look but cheap parts (tin, plastic knobs, etc). The toast does not pop up high enough to easily pick it out so you'll get burnt fingers.

The top tin gets really hot so you'll get burnt fingers trying to pick out the toast or electrocuted using a fork if you forget to unplug it.

The toast comes out uneven, some parts are black, others untouched. Takes a long time to toast the toast. Fat bagels don't fit.
on April 24, 2006
This toaster looks great, but it is incredibly slow, much slower than the cheapo toaster I owned before this one. It takes 2-3 minutes for a piece of bread to toast. It does seem to toast evenly, though.

It features a removable crumb tray, but the "shell" of the toaster is one piece, so there is still a solid bottom beneath the crumb tray. If crumbs fall off the crumb tray they are trapped at the bottom of the toaster. I have a couple of large crumbs stuck in the bottom of the toaster that I cannot get out. Fortunately, they do not burn or smoke when the toaster is in use.

I would rate this toaster high on looks, low on performance.
on January 4, 2007
This is an excellent choice for a two-slice toaster. It toasts very evenly and allows for a wide variety of settings light to dark. It also has a nifty feature, a button that will instantly cancel the toasting process.

This toaster looks good and is a space saver. I would recommend this to any connoisseur of toast.
on March 16, 2008
It's funny, but the last time I bought a toaster from a brand I normally think of as quality, it stunk too. That was a Krups ToastSupreme Compact.

To look at the other reviews, I'd guess that Oster is having significant quality control problems here. My toaster has a darkness knob that doesn't appear to do anything, and toasts so light at the highest setting that I have to toast everything but Pop Tarts twice. The lifter needs too much force for the weight of the toaster -- you'll lift the toaster itself instead. A good portion of the time the element doesn't turn on when I push the lever down; it requires a good sharp motion to work. And once, when I accidentally pushed down too hard on the toast trying to flip it out -- the slots are a little too deep for my favorite bread -- one of the things the bread rests on got knocked out of its track. It was easily fixable, but it shouldn't have happened.

See 1 answered question