Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 29, 2011
Love these clippers. I groom three small dogs with these. One of the dogs has hair like a sheep dog which is thick and hard to cut these clipper go right through it. I do use the crygon x oster blades. I have yet to sharpen my blades so I recommend those type of blades. The clippers stay pretty cool but do get warm after awhile but I bought some of the oil spray and I just spray that on and give it a minute and I can resume and when it is cooling I usually am using the scissors on some of the other areas but all of the clippers need to be cooled as some point. They go quite awhile prior to getting too warm. It it easy to exchange the blades on these clippers and they are easy to handle. I would recommend them.
on December 20, 2014
great price but the product wasnt very durable.rubber on outside is already falling apart. I have multiple dogs i shave constantly and inter change blades ,,definately needed a stronger clipper or more heavy duty then this. Great for maybe a one dog or cat owner or even two. Wear and tear on it is a bit limited and cant handle constant use. But for the most works ok and gets jobs done.
on September 18, 2013
Wow, this thing really has power! After carefully trying a few test areas on two of my dogs, one of which has a thin coat and one that has a thick coat, I decided to order the comb set b/c it cuts so thoroughly/effortlessly that even with a slow and steady hand, I was cutting more hair than I wanted to. I got sick and tired of the clippers sold at department stores, even kits that were $80 or more, only to end up with poor-quality clippers that did nothing but frustrate me and/or the dogs.

They do seem to get hot quickly so proceed with caution.
on August 4, 2009
I have been clipping my German Shepard with my little adjustable blade clippers that were bought to trim my horses face, ears and bridle path about 15 years ago. I was so frustrated,I started looking to upgrade. My Vet recommended the A5 and while looking for them I discovered the powermax 2 speed.

I carefully read the details and the reviews and decided to spend the money and give it a try. I was not disappointed. These clippers took a 5-6 hour trim down to 30 minutes! My shephard has incredibly thick coarse hair on the top of his legs and across his quarters as well as a lion type mane around his neck. These clippers never missed a beat!

The blades did heat up, so a longer clip job would require blade wash or some cool lube, but the clipper housing stayed cool and they cut through his hair like a hot knife in butter. And since he was very clean there was hardly a track anywhere.

I would recommend these clippers for shave downs on heavy coated dogs and I can't wait to try them on my horse.
on April 5, 2012
These clippers are exactly what we had been needing to properly groom our mini schnauzer. We had been using a smaller handheld wireless set of clippers that came with two combs, but it wasn't powerful enough and the combs didn't pick up much hair so we were constantly lifting up sections, then having to even it all out later. These clippers, along with the Oster Professional 10 Universal Comb Set Oster Professional 10 Universal Comb Set Specially Designed to Fit Oster Clippers, allowed us to groom her much quicker, more effectively and more evenly.

I would give this a five-star review except that they did heat up a bit (not too much and with combs on, I doubt that the dog noticed) and they are almost too powerful and are too wide for use around the head of a small dog.

Overall, we were very pleased with the purchase and though we still need small clippers and scissors to do the detail work, the body, neck and leg grooming went much faster with these combs and the clippers linked above.
on April 23, 2014
These clippers worked great for my Giant Schnauzer, who has straighter hair, with no issues. I bought the comb attachments and these worked great as well, I will by the right blades for the future but the combs work for now. They didn't work as well on my Aunt's dog but she was a little matted b/c she hadn't been groomed in a while, however once I got rid of the mats they worked very well. Overall they will keep your dog trimmed but if you are working with a matted dog you will need a more powerful clipper.
on February 26, 2010
UPDATE: 1/5/16
Still holding strong 6 years after I purchased this. I have used it every 2-4 months on my 10lb toy poodle for the last 6 years. I have found that just in the last year, the blade has gotten more dull (as expected). I have since replaced the included 10 blade with the the same Oster 10 blade I purchased on Amazon for ~$15. This clipper is well worth the price and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
-----------
Works great and cuts well on my toy poodle. Two speed is very helpful. I use the 10 blade that comes with the clipper for her face and I bought the 4F blade for her body. It is expensive, but worth the money.
review image
on June 23, 2010
I purchased these clippers to shave my enormously hairy border collie. Last year, I used some horse clippers that were extremely large, heavy, and loud. I was shocked at how quiet and light these were. They did an excellent job, and my dog was relaxed and enjoyed the shave (down here in the south, it is a tad bit hot). The only thing that was negative was that they ran a little hot, but I had used them for at least 30 minutes before this occurred. Other than that, I am very excited that I have found these clippers, and at such a great price as well ($125).
on December 18, 2012
I clip my own long haired dog--- wheaten terrier. I was using a small clippers for several years, I finally upgrade to this oster. I like that there are u-tube videos that you can view on proper use. I think it should come with the #40 blade as it is the best one to use with plastic comb attachments----- I bought the #40 at the same time after reading reviews and doing the research. The blade does get a bit hot especially towards the end of the cut. I use the andes cleaner disinfection oil throughout the cut- which helps. I guess there are products that help to cool the blade even more but I have not felt the need for those yet. I still use the little cordless clippers I have for around eyes, face and sanitary area.
on October 24, 2013
I have a shih-tzu and shih-tzu/miniature poodle mix and they can get some nasty matts. These clippers do the job with cutting out the matts and for cutting extra fine/thin hair that one of my dogs has on their belly. My only complaints are they over heat very quickly, usually within 10-15 minutes, and the blades are a pain to change.