Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Style Name: Food Processor Attachment|Change

on June 27, 2014
Paid $59.99 for the blender which came with a food processor attachment.
My Review:
I bought this blender mostly so my wife could make (fruit smoothies. Let me describe what that means. She fills the blender to the rim with everything including spinach, cucumbers, kale, grapefruit, bananas, lemons, and always topped with a bunch of frozen like a rock strawberries. She then blends them until smooth. The darn blender handles it with ease. I'm up here writing this review minutes after watching the process, and hearing her happily exclaim "Wow it's so nice and smooth, no chunks, I love this blender!". She never had to remove the lid to stir or anything. Just filled it up ( did I mention to the rim) pulsed it a couple times, then pressed smoothie, a minute later done!
I like the blender because the blades detach from the cup for a truly thorough cleaning. My last blender from a different maker kept getting mold like material at the bottom in the crevices where the cup met the blades. Couldn't clean it no matter what.
GET THIS YOU"LL LOVE IT!

As for the other review complaints:
I see a bunch of reviews complaining about to things. They complain that;
1) the blender is not stable - Sure it is. But anyone who doesn't gently rest their hand on top of a blender chopping ice cubes into flakes really isn't that swift to begin with.
2) It has a hard time making milkshakes - Come on, did you get the milkshake attachment if it's that critical for you to make milkshakes without having to push down on the ice cream? No then do so, it's about $9. Otherwise don't be surprised that the blender doesn't instantly suck floating densely packed ice cream down to the blades and turn it into a smooth creamy taste of heaven....expect to give it a helping hand(or preferably spoon) to stir it.
44 comments|238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2014
I am so excited about the performance of the Oster blender. I had the Montel Williams blender that was extremely powerful, loud, and very expensive. I used it 2 years and the little ball bearing mechanism under the pitcher broke. The pitcher alone was like $70.00 so I did my research on all the blenders you offered and I found that for the money the Oster got the best reviews. I was skeptical as it was so much cheaper than the living well blender and the Ninja but decided to give it a try even though it cost a third of what the other two cost. So glad I did. It performs just as well. It is not as loud, and not as big so I can leave it on the counter. It blends all the ingredients just as fast as the montel Williams blender did and I love the food processor attachment as well. Made chicken salad with it yesterday using the processor to chop all the ingredients and it worked beautifully. Did I say I love this blender. I use it every day, as I am a big breakfast smoothie person.
11 comment|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2014
This blender does a good job at blending my morning gym smoothies. I use frozen fruit which is rock hard and it is no problem. The food processor attachment is also a plus! The only bad thing I would say is how loud blending is. Pretty loud, but the quality is great.
on August 15, 2013
I had an ancient blender (one my grandma probably got when she was 20) so this was an obvious improvement. I think the red looks very nice and it looks more like metal although it is plastic. The glass is nice thick tough glass and did fine in the dishwasher. I wanted a new blender that would chop up ice. This one does that incredibly well, so I'm making frozen drinks right and left and loving this thing.
on May 9, 2014
I've been using the personal oster blender for a couple of years now to make smoothies. It was never perfect, but in the end my smoothies were drinkable. I recently decided to get a full sized blenders because I was sick of having to put less in my smoothies due to size and making soup that needed to be blended was a pain when I had to do it in batches.

I loved my personal blender so I really wanted to stick with Oster. After reading the reviews on this I decided to just go for it and get it.

I do pretty basic smoothies. The one that I make the most is frozen blueberries, a banana, almond milk, and some spinach. This blender blends it perfectly! No longer do I have small chunks of spinach floating in my smoothies. The thing I worried about was it not blending the spinach well enough, but it had no problem with it. We've also done frozen bananas, peanut butter, chocolate and almond milk and it worked amazingly for that too.

I have not used the food processor yet, but I'm excited to make bean dips and salsa with it.

In the end, if you're not wanting to get the cheapest thing out there (because believe me, they won't work the way you want them too) but you're also completely unwilling to spend hundards on a blender I highly suggest this one.
on December 13, 2012
This is a Great Blender for many reasons:

1) Powerful with the Optional Ice Blades
2) Takes up Minimal Counter Space... which is GREAT!
3) The pitcher is Heavy Duty thick Glass with an exceptional Pour Spout!
4) PRICE IS GREAT!

So there you go... can't do better than this... and it comes in RED... Wowwy Wow Wow Wow!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!!!
on November 11, 2013
I used this blender exclusively to make smoothies. These included a couple bananas, kale, greek yogurt, a kiwi, blueberries/strawberries (when in season), honey, and coconut water. I bought it in April 2013 and in November 2013 the motor literally burned up. I didn't abuse it, but i did use it and it just fizzled after about 8 months. Too bad, I really liked it.
on July 28, 2014
This blender is not worth the box it came in. It managed to grind up a few smoothies, and each time the motor smelled like it could barely handle it. Today it died trying to puree some soft steamed veggies. There's $50 down the drain. I thought we could expect better from Oster.
on March 21, 2013
I wrote a good review for this after the first or second use. On the third use, however, the motor started to smoke for no apparent reason. I followed the instructions and made sure it was put together correctly. Still waiting to hear back from the manufacturers about the reason why. I hate having to return things, but I might have to.
on December 3, 2013
very poor quality oster blender. 1st time i used it it smelled like burning motor, and i wasnt mixing anything tough. the bottom rim of the glass jar cracked after a few uses. very bad product. woud not recomend.