Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

Package Quantity: 1Color: OrangeVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a Vitamix and love it, but I was eager to try the Oster BLSTPB-WOR My Blend 250-Watt Blender in Orange, to see if it could streamline my AM blended mocha. My toddler is freaked out in the early morning by the crazy loud noise our very powerful Vitamix makes, so I was hoping this would be quieter. It is quieter, but I do have to blend longer -- it is a fair trade off though since it doesn't make my daughter cry. Considering my Vitamix was $300+ and this is almost 10% of that, I was not expecting to get the same blend results, but I was very pleased with how the Oster performed considering its low price and plastic parts. I was amused that the neon summer colors offered match the candy colored MacBooks of the early double 00's, reminded me of college days :)

Things I really like about this blender:
- It is cheap! I like that this is under $40 and works amazingly well as long as you add crushed ice from a fridge ice dispenser and not the giant half moon cubes. If you do add whole cubes, it works best to add a little more liquid than normal and give the bottle a shake mid blend.
- It has a small footprint and is light weight, this would be great for a tiny kitchen, RV or someone with limited mobility who can't lift a large glass jar on a full size blender. You do have to twist the bottle to activate the blades, but it was easy to do with little resistance.
- This would be a great gift for the health nut in your life. I make blended coffee drinks in mine, but my body-builder cousin would love this for his protein shakes.
- It is perfect for a dorm room, the bright colors insure there is probably a shade any 19 year old could like. I would have loved one of these in college, I would have told my parents it was for smoothies, and then enjoyed margaritas on the weekends ;D
- As a new mom with a little toddler, I really do like blending my mocha in the same cup I drink from to save on time and dirty dishes. After a quick rinse, I use it to keep ice water handy throughout the day; 4-5 of these means I am well hydrated.

Things I wish were better:
- I wish the container were a half inch winder and an inch shorter. This would allow ice to blend easier and a standard straw would be compatible with this sports cup, as it is now a straw slips down just below the lip of the sip hole so you have to take the lid off to fish it out. Get a long straw if you want to use one with this.
- Better bottle calibrations. It only has a mark for 20 oz., which is the fill line. I would have loved a calibrated side to get proper smoothie ratios right in the cup, it would have saved getting out measuring cups. I may do it myself with an orange Sharpie.
- A better lid. The current flip cap has just a weak tension closure with no rubber gasket around the sip hole, this means it is just plastic clicking lightly into other plastic with no seal at all. I filled it will water and knocked it over on the counter and the cap came open immediately and spilled water out. You could not stash this in a gym bag for later without coating the inside with smoothie. It is best to treat this container like a lidded coffee mug and not a sports bottle. It would be great if the lid had a small rubber gasket around the sip hole and a simple tension latch to keep the lid closed enough to survive being knocked over.
- The colors offered. I was given the orange model free of charge to try and review, so my complaint here is not about what I received but what I see being offered. It would be wonderful if this was available in all black or all white with a clear bottle. I liked this blender enough to see if they had it in white to get my mother for her RV, but she would hate all the day glow colors so I will pass. Too bad, it would have made a nice Mother's Day gift!

Tips for better results:
1) Add your ingredients in reverse of a regular blender, for smoothest blending add in order: liquid, fruit, powder, then ice last. This makes sure the ice gets to the blades straight away and powder mix ins don't stick to the bottom/top.
2) Keep ingredients a little below the fill line. The narrow shape of the bottle means the ice needs a bit more room than recommended to properly grind and blend.
3) If you are trying to make a really thick smoothie and the stuff just isn't moving around enough, alternate between blending for a few seconds and then disengaging the bottle from the base and give it a good shake to help mix the ingredients. This will blend the drink to a surprisingly smooth texture and shaves time off getting it there. It is easy to do this and beats making the baby cry :)

I can recommend this product for blended drinks. I would not attempt anything else with this blender; I'd leave salsa, nut butters, granitas, soups and such jobs to a full size blender. I do not own a magic bullet, so I cannot compare it to that.

GRADE: B
on November 16, 2014
I bought this at ACE Hardware because I was spending too much money at coffee shops. And it has definitely saved me a lot of money! It crashes into iced products like a hot knife through butter! I use mine every morning for my breakfast Frappuccino!

8 ice cubes
1 banana
4 teaspoons fat free/sugar free instant coffee mix
1/4 cup Carbmaster milk
1 sugar free pudding cup

And I have the most amazing drink!!!
The only complaint I have was sheer user error. I was having a hard time lining up the arrows so that it would mix. Was trying to force it too much.

I am really pleased with this product!
review image
VINE VOICEon May 14, 2011
I've been using the Tribest Single Serving Blender/Grinderfor years and I love it. So, when I saw this item I thought this would be a great cheaper alternative and would be easier to use because of the drinking lid. The Tribest has a drinking lid the but the whole is small making it difficult to drink anything that still has chunks in it.

First off, I'm a huge fan of orange, so anything orange I love it!

Second, I love the way the components fit together so neatly for storage.

Finally, I got to try it and it did not live up to my expectations.

Trial 1 was simply to fill the blender cup full of ice, a small cup of yogurt and 3 strawberries. I thought this stuff would never blend. And to be honest, it never did completely. After it blended about halfway, I added a cup of milk to get it to blend further.

Trial 2 - after emptying out failure #1, I thought I'd go a little easier on it. I filled it only halfway with ice, followed by a packet of instant breakfast and topping it off (to the 20oz mark, which I first had to find then put my finger on it so I could still see it while filling) with milk. This time around it did blend much better/ faster. But, I still ended up drinking it with a straw instead of directly through the lid.

1. Instructions say do not fill past 20oz line. The problem is that the measurement markings are very difficult to see and even more difficult once the cup starts to frost after you've put ice in it.

2. The blender really isn't all the powerful. It took more than twice as long to blend an iced coffee as the Tribest and even then I wasn't really sure it was completely blended.

3. The drinking lid doesn't work well. I ended up putting a straw through the hole instead. While the hole is large enough to allow even some chunks to come through (great if you are doing a fruit smoothie), the lip of the lid is so long, that combined with the size of the opening you are likely to get hit in the face with your drink. The drink would get "stuck" (due to air bubbles or whatnot) and then when it would finally decide to come out through the hole it would do so in such a rush that it would end up covering my face.

If this is the first personal blender you've ever used, you may love it. Even if you are comparing to other entry level personal blenders you may love it (as per other reviews). Unfortunately, for me, I started at the top and this is like a huge step backwards.
review image review image
on May 7, 2015
Just got mine today!! I made a smoothie out of Frozen strawberries, half a frozen banana, milk, yogurt, Greek kale and frozen pineapples! No ice needed! Yummmm
review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I had purchased the Hamilton Beach 51101B personal blender because I wanted to use it strictly for making smoothies at work. I soon realized that it was terrible at crushing ice and was worthless for smoothies. I had to put one ice cube in at a time to get it to do anything. Not so with the Oster. I decided to test it's true potential by throwing a full load of ice in at one time (6 cubes), and while it wasn't as powerful as my KitchenAid blender, it handled them well. Once it got going I only had to let it run for about 30 seconds before all the ice was crushed. I used it to make this recipe for an Orange Julius.

Original Orange Julius
1/3 C. orange juice concentrate
1/2 C. water
1/2 C. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
5 or 6 ice cubes

I suspect that it could easily handle a double recipe. The jar could probably hold close to 15 or 20 cubes.

The smoothie was completely blended with no large ice chunks. When I tried the same thing in the Hamilton Beach, it had a rough time with the ice cubes. One thing I like about the Oster blender is that you load it "upside down" so that the metal blades can be removed at the end and replaced with the drinking cap. No leaks while blending, even though the jar was upside down on the base, so it has a good seal. The Hamilton Beach was loaded from the top and so the blades had to stay in the cup with the beverage, which I was always a little leery about. Metal rusts, and I don't always rush to clean out the cup right away. So I can see the blades eventually rusting in that style, which won't be a problem with the Oster. The Oster was fairly quiet, probably more so than my KitchenAid, which is understandable as the motor is smaller. I like the cup and it's nice to be able to purchase additional cups. Everything was easy to set up and easy to clean. It's small enough to fit in a desk drawer.

Overall, a great product. I think the drinking/sport cap is a little big, but other than that I love it. Worth the money if you make smoothies every day.
on October 10, 2011
First let me say I love this blender. It is exactly what I have been looking for. It is a built for purpose blender - to make blended protein shakes and smoothies. The unit is small, taking up little enough counter space that you won't mind leaving it out, and your drinking cup is the blending cup - minimizing cleanup.

The flaw - GRINDING OF THE BLENDER GEAR. The on/off of this unit is your pressing the blender into the base. As you press the unit in, you will hear the teeth grind as they engage. Then when you pull up to turn the unit off, you will hear the teeth grind as they disengage.

I heard this upon the very first use of my unit. I looked at the teeth and could see slight wear. In a matter of time and number if uses this problem will only get worse. The problem will continue to be compounded by more and more grinding slowly chipping away at the gear teeth on both the blender base and the bottle base.

Solutions to resolve this:

1. As - is you can prevent this by leaving the unit unplugged until you have the bottle inserted and locked into place. And when you are done blending, unplug and then unlock.

2. Oster could issue a revised product with a momentary push button switch (called a pulse switch on their other blenders) right under the Oster name on the front. This would allow the user to securely place the bottle into the unit before the motor spins up.

3. Oster could issue a revised product with a ramp built into the bottle base that didn't engage the blender base switch until the unit was inserted and then TWISTED into the locked position.

Oster, I hope you read these reviews and consider them in your product development. You guys have a long-time desired product here that is close to perfect. You have just a little further to go before you're there.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 16, 2012
Please don't make a mistake and buy this blender!

Don't get me wrong. I started out loving this blender. But after about a month I discovered the poor design. What you will soon find out is that this blender is designed to wear out VERY quickly. The blender uses cogs on the blender itself which mesh with a cog on the bottle. Both are made out of soft plastic (or nylon maybe). After a month, the blender began to stop turning the blades in the bottle. I discovered that the cog on the bottle (which connects to the blades in the bottle) had worn down to nothing! So I bought another bottle (which came with it's own blades and new cog on the bottle). About a day or 2 later, the blender stopped turning the blades again. This time it was the cog on the blender itself (which cannot be practically replaced). That cog had also worn down to nothing. So now I have a paper weight instead of a blender. I would never go back and buy it again.

For those giving positive reviews, let them use it for about a month or two and see if they are still happy with their paper weight.
on May 31, 2011
This is a really good blender. It crushes ice with no problem and I love to have it for protein shakes. However the lid sucks really bad, it leaks and ends up on your face no matter what you do.
on April 23, 2012
I so agree. The lid is crap. I sold mine because it drove my nuts. It works great as a blender, but not as a cup. Using a straw is a good idea if you still have one, but then its not worth it to buy.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I used this blender twice a day for protein smoothies for a few months. Then after blending, I realized that as I turned the cup, the blade didn't come with it, so I turned it upside down to remove the cup and thought I'd get the blade out by itself. I've tried every tool I have and cannot get the blade out. I think it locks in when the cup in hooked to it. I'm looking for another design now. Anyone want two extra cups with lids?
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...