Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Price:$7.45+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 15, 2013
Quality not as good as original blades and they have a slightly different bent, but they work like the original so I can't complain. Make sure you keep the old o-ring rubber gasket because the one included with these blades has a very bad chemical odor, therefor I deducted 1 star.

UPDATE 2/1/13: Today I noticed that the rivet at the top of the blade assembly is rusting. This never happened with the original blade after decades of use and it does not forbode well for longevity or quality of this blade. Rating has been reduced 3 more stars to 1.
55 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2013
The blade fit great, and I was happy for a few uses. It then started rusting on the bottom. I kept using it, figuring the bottom rusted part wasn't touching any of the liquid in the blender, but it's finally gotten so bad that the rust is really deteriorating the metal, and it's leaving rust spots all over everything it touches. I only bought it in mid January of this year, so for the cheap price I only got about 3 months of use. I would recommend spending your money on a slightly better quality part from the start.
on August 18, 2013
I wanted to try green smoothies but my 15+ yo Osterizer beehive blender leaked. I thought I'd have to buy a new blender right away but didn't want to plunk down lots of $$$ for a Vitamix or Blendtec until I knew if the smoothies were going to work out for me. Saw these accessories while searching for a lower-priced blender and figured for the very little $ it was worth a try. Boy, am I glad I did. Now the blender doesn't leak and since it has a pretty powerful motor and a sharp new blade it breaks up the ice and all the greens very well, so I get a nice smooth smoothie every time. I'll probably burn out the motor eventually and have to invest in a blender that will stand up to making smoothies a couple of times a day, but for now my revitalized Beehive is humming and my wallet is comfortably full.
on April 30, 2013
The center rivet is not stainless steel and begins to rust upon first contact with water.
Should be using proper stainless steel rivets for the reassembly.
on December 20, 2013
I bought this believing that, because it had the Sunbeam name on it, it would be a satisfactory replacement for this same part on my Oster blender. It took 3 years for the star fitting on the bottom of the Oster blade to get blunted and it took only 2 months for the same thing to happen to this blade. It didn't cost a lot and it turned out to be totally unsatisfactory. I threw it away.
on December 1, 2015
It took 40+ years for our original set of blades to wear out. And then it was the star shaped socket that stripped; not the blades themselves that failed.
This unit has a thinner base plate and the knives aren't as sharp/well made as the original. But isn't that how everything is now? Shave a little material off to reduce costs by a penny.
We can only wait and see how long these blades last. For the price, I figure it'll be long enough (unless they totally fail right away).
Delivery was quick and free.
on April 18, 2016
Great blade, but our blender is broken!
We bought a new blade since the "spinner" was slipping from the old one (i.e. the connection between the spinner and the blade was stripped somewhere).
Turns out, the stripped connection is on the blender side, not on the blade, unfortunately, so we will have to purchase a new blender.
The blender still works intermittently, allowing us to evaluate this blade on its own merits, and it is excellent.
on January 9, 2014
I got this replacement and it got rusty in a couple of days of daily use. It's not thatI use my blender all day, only once a day and every time I wash it after and leave it to air dry. In less than a week it started to stain and then it became rust. I can't use it anymore since I it's not safe. Very cheap item, but it's not worth it. It seems as if they were disposable blades....
on January 2, 2014
It looks just like the original, and I wouldn't have replaced it if it hadn't started leaking. Now I run the blender about 1/4th as long with the new blades. Some things I just didn't do because no matter how long I ran the blender, it would be grainy. I didn't think it could be any different until I replaced the old blade with this one. Now I can turn almost anything into soup.
on March 23, 2013
The blade does NOT have the OSTER logo. It rusted after the first wash and can't use it anymore. Waste of money.