Oster CKSTGRFM40 Removable Plates Folding Griddle, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 10 5-inch by 20-inch full size griddle
- Folds for compact, easy storage
- Nonstick, removable, dishwasher safe plates
- Dual, adjustable temperature controls
- Front mounted grease tray. cool touch housing and handles
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style: Removable trays | Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
1. Better-than-average, even heating.
2. Folds for storage - takes about the same space as a large waffle iron on end.
3. Two thermostats - so you can cook pancakes (high heat) on one side and eggs (low heat) on the other; or if you're making a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches you can heat just half.
4. Easy to clean - pop off the plates and they go in the dishwasher.
1. It keeps falling apart - there are several screws that hold the two halves together; they stay snug for maybe 2 uses and then need to be re-tightened.
2. Plastic rim around the griddle plates has become brittle and is breaking.
3. If you loose or forget to use the grease cup that locks it open then it tends to fold unexpectedly when using.
4. Small hole for grease, complicated grease run-off system - tends to clog up.
5. The wide-open seam in the middle limits your cooking choices; it'll clog up and make a real mess if your pancake batter or egg runs into it.
Overall worth the price - especially when I see the exorbitant prices on plain-jane griddles these days. The folding mechanism causes some quirks, but if you can live with them the even heat, easy clean-up and minimal storage will win you over.
If 1/2 stars were available, I would knock this down to 4 1/2 stars for this reason: When you cook bacon or sausage, the grease somehow gets into the housing of the griddle, and then slowly leaks out while the unit is stored in the cupboard. Because I love the way this griddle cooks and folds to store, I put up with this quirk. I think because the grease is thick, that it "clings" to the underside of the plates at the drain holes, (instead of dripping straight down) and somehow gets inside that way. Granted, it's not a lot, but enough that I set the griddle on a couple of paper towels in the cupboard to catch the drips. I have since learned to strategically place tin foil under the plates where the grease collection troughs and drain holes are, which seems to prevent the problem.
A very sturdy and reliable appliance!
When you take it out of the box, it's folded so I could see that it would fit nicely on my counter against the wall and leave me ample space for plates and whatnot when not in use. When the grill is opened it's bigger than I thought it would be but fits on the counter. I have an electric stove and burner covers right next to the counter so I can use that surface for plates and stuff.
As a test, I mixed up a small serving of fresh carrot chips, green beans, onion, a little bit of oil and some Mrs. Dash seasoning in a bag, shook it up and put one side of the grill. I only used one side for this test. I used a round cast iron bacon press on top of the veggies and they were sizzling pretty quickly. In about 12 minutes (I like them well done), I had a small plates of delicious veggies.
I cooked hot dogs for dinner on the grill today and used one side of the grill to heat the buns on low temperature. Again, I used the bacon press on the hot dogs and they came out crisp and dark on the outside but very juicy on the inside. Tomorrow is chop steak and grilled veggies.
Clean up was a breeze. After the veggies and the hot dogs, I turned off the grill and while still hot, took a wet paper towel and wiped down the surface. It cleaned up in snap. The plates are removable so unlike the Foreman grill, you pop off the plates, wash them and presto, you're done. I am loving this grill so far and if it continues to work as it does today, I'll be using it on a daily basis through the winter months.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The best grille we have ever owned. This is our second one we have bought.Published 18 days ago by Mike Shupe
Perfect for heating tortillas or making pancakes for a large group. Love that it folds for easy storage. We use this for our church retreats.Published 1 month ago by Jenny J.
3rd one I've owned of this design in 20 years. Last ones were Rival. Folding design makes for easy storage. Griddles come out for easy cleaning.Published 1 month ago by Psto
Really unhappy with this griddle, and I tried really hard to look past the issues. I've used this griddle off and on for the last year, and finally decided to write a review on... Read morePublished 1 month ago by C. M. Huff
Heats quickly and evenly and the folding feature is a big plus as far as storage is concerned. Holds up well in the dishwasher. Read morePublished 2 months ago by carsie
I don't like it for myself but I am going to gift it to my grandson for his new apartment. I guess I didn't read far enough to know that it only had one thermostat - my fault.Published 2 months ago by Darlene M.
Cooks well and nice that it folds but it is small and does not fit a pack of bacon all at once. Would get bigger one next timePublished 2 months ago by mindy boardwine