Top positive review
384 people found this helpful
I do not see any reason why I should not recommend this.
on December 11, 2012
NOTE: The measuring cup is NOT "US Cup". It is "Rice Cooker Cup", standard on all rice cookers globally.
This Oster rice cooker does what it is supposed to do, and that is to cook rice. I am from a South East Asian country so I know what I am talking about when it comes to rice. I eat rice everyday. This looks very durable. Nothing spectacular - except the fact that I like the color black which stands above the fleet of white or steel colored cookers.
The lid/cover: The style of the cover made of a glass lid, is completely separate from the body. This actually has several advantages over rice cookers which has their covers built into the body:
1. These are cheaper to make, simpler design.
2. These are easier to clean. A LOT EASIER TO CLEAN, trust me.
3. The cover is easily replaceable.
4. Being glass, you can actually see the rice while it's cooking.
5. You can cook rice, while only partially covering the cooker. I do this so the water would not overflow (I like ultra sticky rice, so I put more water).
To those who might be wondering, aside from the rice cooker and the steam tray, it also includes a measuring cup and a plastic rice spoon, which comes standard with all rice cookers.
+ CHEAP. CHEAP. CHEAP. -> the cost, not the build quality.
+ Separable-style glass lid.
+ (Subjective) Color black, if that's your thing.
+ Includes everything you will need to cook rice... except the rice.
+ WARMER feature (and STEAMER). Most rice cooker at this price point does not include warmer feature (just "cook").
- Could not find any, seriously.