4.0 out of 5 stars Why you need a Flip over waffle maker..
For even waffle cooking I recommend using a flip over waffle maker like this one. I tried the simple non-flip and the bottom is usually much more brown and the top is soft.

I tried this one and works great and cooks 1 big 1.5" thick waffle in under 2 minutes.

Very easy to use.
1) plug in and let it warm up. wait for green light.
2) pour...
Published on May 3, 2011 by Gamer 101

1.0 out of 5 stars broke after one month of use
I loved the waffle maker at first, but after one month of use (about 4-5 uses at best), it broke. The edge of the waffle maker that hooks the handle to the base to flip is made of plastic and broke! I would not recommend this waffle maker and would find one with metal parts! I have seen a proctor silex one that is not plastic.
Published on November 22, 2011 by disgruntled

4.0 out of 5 stars Why you need a Flip over waffle maker.., May 3, 2011
This review is from: Oster CKSTWFBF21 1-1/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker, Brushed Stainless Steel (Kitchen)

Very easy to use.
1) plug in and let it warm up. wait for green light.
2) pour batter on the bottom groove (once you pour it in it's already started cooking.
3) close and flip it over (don't worry it will not spill out) Once you flip it . the uncooked batter will fall down and start to cook .
4) wait for green light and flip back. open up and take out. Very beautiful

I recommend that you try the recipe that is in the book for buttermilk or Belgium waffles...they are really delicious and not that hard to put together.
I tried buying those instant mix on Amazon and the home made recipe in the book wins 2nd to none. Plus you're save a lot of $$$ using the recipe and make more...

I recommend you buy pam or any other cooking spray and spray gently on the top and bottom plate for easy non-stick cooking.

The only downside to owning one of these is that you can't remove the plates for washing.
so you have to wait till it's cooled down in order to clean the grooves manually with water or mild soap. It may take you 10-15 minutes to clean it. But that's all part of the fun and worth it.

minus 1 star for non removable plate. But for under $50 ...you make like 20 waffles it pretty much pays off.

here is a photo of the waffle [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Waffles From Scratch Are The Best!, April 4, 2011
We are so happy we bought this wafflemaker. We've never owned one before. We tried the recipe for the classic buttermilk waffles (from the Oster user guide book). That recipe is surely a keeper. It was the best tasting recipe for buttermilk waffles. We've tried a TV chef's waffle recipe, which was forgettable, in my opinion. I'll post some pictures next time.
***Tip: If you made the waffles ahead of time or have any leftovers, the wafflemaker can be used to reheat them. They crisp up again. Just adjust it to the minimum temperature setting, wait for wafflemaker to heat up, then place the precooked waffles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, April 7, 2011
Amazon Customer (OK, United States) - See all my reviews
My husband wanted one of those $300 commercial waffle makers like at the hotel breakfast bars. . . but those were just too pricey and HUGE. This one is compact and makes superb waffles. It heats up fast, cooks them perfectly, nothing sticks to it, and it is really easy to clean up the drips.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, September 29, 2011
I've wanted to purchase a belgian waffle maker and decided on this model based on the reviews I read...all true. If you follow the simple directions, you will have absolutely no problem turning out a perfect waffle the very first time as I did. I've owned waffle makers in the past and none lived up to my expectations as this one did. The flip design is an asset.
I've read in other reviews that cleaning is a little difficult, that's true. But then I remembered a little tip from when I owned the George Forman grill. Here's my tip: let appliance cool down for a bit but not completely, then take damp paper towels and place on the grid, close lid and let it completely cool down. Use the same paper towels to wipe down any dampness. Works pretty good.
The only thing that got me pissed was when I tried to remove the stickers from the top and front of the maker, the paper backing & glue still remained. I hate that.
All in all this appliance is two thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oster CKSTWFBF21 11/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker, Brushed Stainless Steel, April 11, 2011
This is the best waffle maker that I have ever owned...I purchased this waffle maker as an extra to have on hand for my catering business. I used this waffle maker practically non-stop for a couple of days making batch after batch of waffles. It produces a beautiful, light crisp waffle in less time than my other model. The classic waffle recipe in the user guide is a fabulous recipe, the breakfast was a hit and everyone raved about the waffles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Machine!, August 19, 2011
I've never used a waffle maker before. I did a thorough search and read SO MANY reviews on different machines. This one seemed to have everything I was looking for. I got it in the mail this week and tried it out tonight. I used the classic buttermilk recipe that was in the user manual and followed the tips and directions to a T. They turned out perfectly! They were so huge we could only eat one each. So easy (if you follow the directions):
-Wait for the green light
-Scoop a spoonful of batter into each of the four sections
-Spread the batter evenly (it should be just below the edge line of the bottom section)
-Shut the lid and immediately flip
-Wait for the green light to come back on, flip it one last time and then open the lid
-Presto - waffle time!

I was worried it would be a pain to clean since the plates don't come out but the cooked batter wipes right off the machine and out of the grids. It's a definite winner.

1.0 out of 5 stars broke after one month of use, November 22, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it..., April 15, 2011
My 13 year old niece and daughter loved this unit. I did the hard part of mixing up the batter and then let them rip. My daughter was lamenting that our old waffle iron did not have temp control. This unit does along with the flip mode, the compact size, the deep crevices (1.5" thick waffle) and the cost is what made it all come together. The girls loved pouring their own waffle and dialing up how crispy they wanted their waffle.

Stainless steel with black trim exactly matched my kitchen and because it is small I can leave it out on the counter. They now make waffles for dinner sometimes because it is so quick and easy to clean up.

SUPER PRODUCT!

5.0 out of 5 stars LeRoy'sCrutchBrewing, April 25, 2011
Received the waffle maker in about a week using normal, ground shipping. Double boxed as always, and box looked undamaged. Pulled out the waffle maker and was very surprised at how nice it looked with the stainless brushed finish! Tried it out for the first time with friends over the weekend and WOW! The waffles were surprisingly BIG and the maker forms very deep crannies for the butter and syrup to soak into. Everyone was very impressed with the maker and the results. Perfect waffles every time, just wait for the light - rotate and wait for the light again, and presto! So easy it would be difficult to mess it up. Cleanup was very easy also, which is one of the big peaves I had with my old maker. Two thumbs up for this baby!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'll never eat frozen waffles again, August 1, 2011
After a recent trip where the hotels offered free breakfast complete with a Belgium waffle maker I became addicted to them and decided I needed to be able to make my own at home. I wasn't about to pay $20 for those crappy little ones that make the flat waffles you'd get from the frozen section so I spent a little more to get this baby. My husband was skeptical at first but now the entire family enjoys waffles at least once a month. We use the low-fat Bisquick which works fine and I like to add chocolate chips to mine. I don't like dark waffles so we always cook them at the lowest possible setting. Sometimes they get stuck even when using the non-stick spray but it's usually the last of the four which tends to be mine! That being said I would buy this again if I needed to because there's nothing like the waffle it makes - they really are delicious!