5.0 out of 5 stars Love it
For anyone who wants to create the Melting Pot experience at home for a lot less this is the product for you. One bag of chocolate chips + 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream = heaven Throw in some strawberries, pound cake, jumbo marshmallows for dipping and you have pure bliss.
Published on April 15, 2010 by Erica Mackey

1.0 out of 5 stars Heat setting is impossible to control
I love fondue and was excited about this electric version. However, the heat setting does not control the heat. I never turned it higher than 200 degrees and it boils, you turn it just a tiny bit down and the cheese and chocolate are cold. You ever so slightly move it back towards 200 degrees and it boils again. Save your money and look for a nicer one!
Published on January 6, 2012 by NLJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 15, 2010
Erica Mackey (Duncan, Oklahoma) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Oster FPSTFN7710 3-1/2-Quart Fondue Pot, February 11, 2013
J. Haynes (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The Oster Fondue Pot arrived on time and in good condition. This appliance was immediately pressed into service for a Christmas gathering and did the job in "fine fettle", as Grandma used to say... I had ordered an extension cord with the pot since appliances of this nature always have limited length for safety purposes and I found it to be a wise decision since the serving table at most gatherings rarely have counter top outlets, unless of course all the serving is done from the kitchen counter rather than the family or living rooms. The pot performed well maintaining the appropriate temperature for my Cheese Fondue. Even though I do not do the meat or veggie scene myself, I am confident the range of cooking temperatures will serve these functions with honor. I was also impressed with the size and even though I had expected a coated interior the Stainless Steel cleaned up quickly and with little scrubbing. All and all this is a fine product and I intend to use it a lot more than my previous one.Oster FPSTFN7710 3-1/2-Quart Fondue Pot

5.0 out of 5 stars Take the hassle out of fondue, October 24, 2010
This review is from: Oster FPSTFN7700-022 Fondue Pot, 3-Quart, Black (Kitchen)
This product is outstanding for fondue, it takes the whole hassle out of the experience! Better than Melting Pot when you do your own at home.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this Fondue Set, July 30, 2012
Jenna L (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oster FPSTFN7700-022 Fondue Pot, 3-Quart, Black (Kitchen)
I love this fondue set! It was perfect for 4 of us to sit around for a beer and cheese fondue recipe that I found online. As stated by others the cord is extremely short and we had to use an extension cord. As for the heating element unfortunately I did not read the directions before using and so thought the pot kept shutting off. The directions clearly state that the light will turn on when it is heating up to the desired temperature and will shut off once that desired temperature has been met and the light will go back on when it is again regulating the temperature. I thought 200 degrees was a bit high for the lowest temperature because it kept causing the cheese to bubble although this was my first time EVER making it so I am sure it will take some practice.

Very easy to clean. Take off the heating element and even stick it in the dishwasher if you so desire! Love this aspect because a lot of other electronic pots don't allow for submersion in water creating a difficult cleaning process.

Overall I would highly recommend this pot for some fun and yumminess. Just make sure to buy and extension cord along with it.

Happy Fondue!

4.0 out of 5 stars good but big, December 12, 2010
This review is from: Oster FPSTFN7700-022 Fondue Pot, 3-Quart, Black (Kitchen)
i bought this from my local target store. it does work nicely, and heats up very quickly. My only compliant is that it is very big. my son and i love chocolate fondue, but i don't need a gallon of it. if this could be made half the size it would be perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Heat setting is impossible to control, January 6, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fondue pot, June 15, 2013
I bought this for my French students, but decided to try it out on my own children first. I washed it carefully, then used cooking oil to condition the inside, as recommended by the directions. I have since simply sprayed with cooking spray since then, with no problems of food sticking.

My first experiment was with a cheese fondue. I simply took mexican cheese, milk, and salsa and mixed it together. I followed the directions for the temperature settings, and it was accurate. I unplugged it and put it on my kitchen table for my children to dip their chips and vegetables, and it worked out very well. I didn't have any issues with the cheese solidifying while we were eating it. It washed out fairly easily.

My second experiment was with chocolate, simply whipping cream and chocolate chips. Very rich, very yummy! Again, no problems with the chocolate cooling after unplugging. It cleaned up very easily.

I wish it came with more recipes. I will be looking for fondue recipe book.

My only reason for a four star rating instead of five is the plug issue. It is sometimes difficult to get the plugs installed just right, and they tend to come disconnected easily. A longer cord would make this easier to use.

Using this fondue pot is a huge savings over going to a fondue style restaurant! My kids (and students) loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fondue Pot, January 7, 2011
This review is from: Oster FPSTFN7700-022 Fondue Pot, 3-Quart, Black (Kitchen)
We got thi for Christmas and used it for a new years eve fondue party. This is great! The pot worked perfectly and the cleanup couldn't have been easier. We have already bought a second so we can do oil and something else the next time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fondue - large but worth it, November 18, 2011
Pandora (Myrtle Beach, SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oster FPSTFN7700-022 Fondue Pot, 3-Quart, Black (Kitchen)
I got this as an early Christmas present and LOVE it. The temperatures are accurate without burning unlike other fondue pots that I have tried. I've tried a few of the different recipes in the booklet that came with the set - oil, cheese and chocolate - and they all cleaned up extremely easily. It is a bit on the large size - especially when you have 2 people eating - however this isn't an issue if you remember to pour the remaining food into a storage container to save for later. I have done this with chocolate and cheese and both melted down perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Non Stick Coating Chipping Off, March 1, 2011
This review is from: Oster FPSTFN7700-022 Fondue Pot, 3-Quart, Black (Kitchen)
We've had this fondue pot for about a year and while we've had no trouble with the heating element or power issues, the nonstick coating is chipping off. I don't particularly like the idea of inadvertently consuming chipped off teflon in my food. Over the past year, we've probably used this fondue pot twice a month to give you an idea of how many uses you'll get before the chipping issue begins to become a problem.

Rate and Discover Movies