5.0 out of 5 stars By far, the best I've ever owned.
I really like this food processor, so much in fact, that when my husband broke it, I got another one. He stuck a butter knife in it and bent the middle pole. I really like the automatic off feature. As soon as I turn the lid, it shuts off instantly. Awesome product!!
Published on September 29, 2012 by Angie

2.0 out of 5 stars Base is great, plastic is cheap.
Published 20 months ago by Crystal E.

5.0 out of 5 stars By far, the best I've ever owned., September 29, 2012
Angie (Eastern NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oster FPSTFP4253 14-Cup Food Processor with 5-Cup Mini Chopper, Stainless Steel (Kitchen)

2.0 out of 5 stars Base is great, plastic is cheap., May 22, 2013
This food processor has plenty of power and is easy to use. The problem is the cheap plastic lid and bowl. I dropped the plunger portion once and the edge broke off. A few months later the lid fell of the counter and shattered into three or four pieces, rendering the entire thing useless. I'm trying to find a replacement lid, which is proving more difficult than it should.

2.0 out of 5 stars Solid, overpowerd base with cheap plastic parts, May 11, 2013
Length:: 3:29 Mins

It's only a matter of time before this breaks. It's a cool idea, and the base is solid and overpowered, but the rest of it is made up of cheap, plastic parts that are sure to break.

This stalled on me about every other time that I used it, and so I think it's pretty dangerous. My only comfort is that the safety features of this seemed to work really well, so I think that if a blade came loose, then it would hopefully stop. But now that I'm thinking about it, why didn't it cut the motor when the blade stalled? Maybe it's more dangerous than I thought.

The motor was very powerful, and the base seemed very cool and very solid. I think they spent too much money on the base, and then had to make cutbacks on the manufacturing of the rest of the parts. The parts are designed well. This would be a really cool processor, if the plastics weren't so cheaply manufactured. I wanted to like this, but I just couldn't like it.

Pros:
+Very cool design. Too bad it wasn't more solidly built.
+Very powerful motor

Cons:
-This butchers all of your food, in an uneven, ragged, jagged way. If you like making pretty food, you'll avoid this.
-The low setting is way too powerful. The low setting overly shreds everything, including when it's supposed to be slicing stuff. You'll probably never need anything more powerful than the low setting.
-This is very loud
-Mine stalled about half of the time I used it.
-Mine makes a horrible clunking sound that makes it sound like it's just about to break. This appliance scares me more than anything else I have in my house.
-The base is made solidly, but every other part seems like it's very cheaply made. You can probably get plastics that are more sturdy at your local dollar store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't find replacement parts for Oster products so buyer beware, December 16, 2013
It's impossible to find replacement parts for these (I was looking for the lost disc stem for months). The manufacturer claims that they don't carry parts, just accessories. They suggested I contact their service providers, most of which can only get the instruction manual. Other internet parts suppliers like eReplacementParts.com carry some parts for the 11 cup food processor but not the 14 cup. I was happy with the food processor until we lost the disc stem but then also the large bowl got cracked. I expected Oster customer service to help me find the parts but they seemed rather incompetent, initially saying they don't carry the part and later turning around and shipping me the wrong part. They don't even know their own model numbers, I had to explain myself multiple times that the wrong part they shipped is for a different model number and not the one I own. Unless you're ok with buying from a manufacturer that is willing to sell products but not maintain a parts inventory and make it available to consumers, I would suggest you stay away from any of the Jarden brands (Oster, Sunbeam, etc.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but noisy., December 27, 2012
For the money, it's great. Chops and all that pretty well. It's just so dang loud, I can't take it. Gotta send it back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why Bother?, April 2, 2013
VW Smith (Eastern Idaho USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Tried out this new processor to handle all the post Easter egg salad. I usually make egg salad by hand but when you're making multiple batches multiple times a day I figured time to use some chopper power. The bowl is kind of snug to attach to the motor and the lid is also a very snug fit. It doesn't become easier the more you use it either.

The smaller bowl fits inside the larger bowl and is tricky to remove. Why even have a smaller bowl if you always have to wash the bigger one after removing it since you have egg or whatever on your hands? Why bother? Only thing I can figure is if you are chopping multiple items and wanted to keep them separate.

This machine did an excellent job of chopping not pulverizing hard boiled eggs even if they weren't perfectly dry. I like the one year warranty but I'm kind of gun shy as the one that just died on me seems to be of similar quality and it only lasted a bit past the 90 day guarantee. Only time will tell.

And time did tell... it's been dead now for months :( Guess I should've backed off on cheese. Just can't believe these are so wimpy :(

1.0 out of 5 stars a hunk of junk!!!, April 1, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this and wondered why other people had issues...it worked fine for me. Well, the first three times. Then, it began getting noisy and grinding and the blades would turn. Figured out after struggling for 1/2 hour that the crappy plastic parts of the "stems" to hold the accessories (blades, shredder disks) broke! After only 3 uses!! I am so disappointed in this! This went in the trash today and I'll never order another Oster product again!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a high-quality product, April 5, 2013
pseudonym (Northeast USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As is the case with another comparably-priced food processor I tried:
VillaWare NDVLFP1000
there are significant problems with this food processor:

*Difficult to assemble parts together so that the security mechanism doesn't trip and keep the machine from starting up.

*Light weight means that the suction-cup feet are necessary to keep the machine from traveling around the counter top when in use, and may indicate a less powerful motor (I did not put a heavy load on the machine in my testing).

*Very noisy

*Pulse mode doesn't immediately stop after switch is released, making it difficult to gauge precise effect.

I do understand that one can't compare this model with a much more expensive Cuisinart, for instance. But it might be worth saving up for a model that is likely to last much longer, and is better designed.

1.0 out of 5 stars How I wish Negative Stars were possible - but Amazon still rocks., August 21, 2013
This was purchased as a gift for my wife in November of 2012. In March 2013 the grater piece malfunctioned, literally melting into the plastic of the blade part as she was trying to grate cheese. We contacted Oster and they sent out a replacement. Now it is August 2013. While attempting to do the exact same thing (which she's done MANY times on our old food processor as well as these), it happened AGAIN.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT!!!!!

At this point we didn't want another replacement food processor. The ONE GOOD THING here (and, yes, that is worthy of all caps) is that she contacted Amazon today. Despite there being a 30 day return policy she was able to talk to the customer service gentleman, explain the series of problems, leading him to talk to his supervisor. They approved a return/refund and sent us a prepaid return slip for the food processor. Now we just have to ship it back to them and they'll refund our money.

So .. lesson learned: Oster 14-Cup Food Processor = HORRIBLE!!! Amazon = ROCKING!!! We will definitely keep shopping with Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, yet poorly made, December 6, 2013
Works well and powerful, however the plastic container cracked after three or four uses. Now when I use it liquid leaks through. I would not recommend for poeple using thier processor often!