5.0 out of 5 stars oster mixer review
I ordered this product because of the time saving method of use. I had a different battery operated mixer and loved it. I looked a long time for another and they are hard to find until I saw this one. I love it. It does everything that I expected it to do and more.
Published on January 29, 2012 by lulufaye

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Construction
Published on May 17, 2012 by Dennis W. Viau

5.0 out of 5 stars oster mixer review, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Oster FPSTHB6600-GRY 3-in-1 Twisting Handheld Mixer, Grey (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for its range of applications, November 30, 2012
This Oster battery-operated mixer far exceeds my expectations. I've used it at least three times every week since I bought it longer than a year ago. It replaces in succession two of the Black & Decker Gizmo mixers that are no longer available. It is a much better device than the Gizmo mixers in that it is more powerful and the battery holds its charge for several months at a time, so it is not tethered to the charger when not in use. (The Gizmo mixers remained attached to a charger [later model] or charging bracket [earlier model]. The Oster charger comes with the Oster mixer and is very simple in use. I use the mixer for light tasks such as whipping cream, beating eggs, and even mixing light batters, such as small boxes of cake mix. It is fine for smoothing gravies with the whisk, whisking oil into salad dressings from scratch, etc. One should not expect it to knead bread or to mix larger volumes of thick batters. A small number of egg whites can be whisked to peaks, but a larger number of whites might more easily become merinque with a stand mixer, if for no other reason than the time involved. Creaming butter and sugar is also a stand mixer's task, though one could do it with a powerful, plug-in-the-wall hand mixer, I guess. This Oster mixer, applied to the tasks for which it is well suited, is very convenient, its three attachments (whisk, beater, and stirrer) are very easily cleaned (when the sink is already filled with sudsy water, I simply run the whisk, beater, or stirrer in the soapy water for a few seconds while it still is attached to the mixer, then run clean water on it while still running to rinse). Perhaps more recent technology makes the Oster mixer a much better device than the earlier Gizmo mixers, especially in giving the Oster significantly more power and what seems a much better battery and charging system. I store the mixer with its attachments and little charger in a decorative pot on the kitchen counter, where it could not be more convenient to-hand. I was reticent to buy this mixer, initially, because the descriptions of it are lacking in some of the information I've related here, especially regarding the charging operation. It is not a substitute for a stand mixer, but it can wirelessly do many of the tasks that would otherwise be done by a small plug-in hand mixer. I have and use all three types of mixers, but this little battery mixer gets used more than any of them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Construction, May 17, 2012
I really wish I could give this product high marks because it is very convenient for quick mixing, beating eggs, etc. Unfortunately it's just another "Made in China" POS. About the third time I used it I heard something rattling around inside. The plastic was starting to break up. The plastic used is really brittle, not the type I've seen in other, higher quality products. There is some good news: Although the Users Manual says the batteries are nickel-cadmium (NiCd), the actual batteries inside are nickel-metal hydride (NiMH), a better type of battery. NiCds should be thoroughly discharged before recharging or they will degrade. NiMHs don't have that problem; they can be recharged any time. Those who own this product should handle it carefully, as though the case were made of egg shells. Don't be surprised, however, if something breaks. As for me, I'll start searching for a better mixer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Fine, October 18, 2012
Jerry "JerryG" (seal beach, ca USA) - See all my reviews
I found most of the negative reviews here to be based on unrealistic expectations or just plain petty complaints. No, it's not as well designed as the no longer available Black and Decker mixer was. No, you can't wall mount it and it doesn't have the handy storage feature. Some joker who still has a no longer available B&D mixer for sale is asking triple digit figures for a mixer that originally sold for about $25. I'm rating this unit four stars on the simple fact that it PERFORMS as well as the B&D product which I also owned. You cannot use it while the battery is charging but neither could I use the B&D unit while charging.

The accessories are well made and functional, and the unit does what it was designed to do very well. Yes it is made in China like everthing else including the American flags you buy at the local stores. What else is new? C'mon people, this is a $25 item. It will stir your beverages very nicely, and hopefully, last a good couple of years in the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars kitchen appliences, April 8, 2012
This is a great little mixer. I am single and it won`t get a whole lot of usage But it works really well for what I use it for. Don`t expect to use it for things you woukd need an electric mixer for. Like Thanksgiving or christmas dinner ;-) It does have good power for a cordless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond disappointing, August 11, 2012
The best I can say about this mixer is that it's disappointing. I suppose it mixes OK. My son used it once for a cake and didn't complain. But if I had any other choices, I would send this back and get something else.

I was using a Black & Decker Handi Mixer, which I loved. When the battery died and I couldn't find a replacement, I looked for another B&D mixer. Unfortunately, the closest thing is the B&D Gizmo, which sells for $200, way out of my price range.

I waited months before deciding to buy the Oster, because it just didn't seem like what I wanted, but it was the only one similar to my B&D that I could find. Now that I've taken it out of the box, I know it isn't. Here's why:

1. It cannot be left on the charger. Unlike the B&D, which had a charging case that hung on the wall and could be left plugged in without overcharging, this mixer has to be unplugged and replugged to charge for 12 hours when it runs down. So, what if you're in the middle of mixing a cake or mashing potatoes?

2. There is no place to put the attachments. The B&D charging case had notches to hang the beaters. Oster's have to go in a drawer, and with the delicate whisk, that means a chance of damage.

3. The mixer also has to go in a drawer, and I don't have drawer space for it. Oh, and the charger as well.

4. It does not stand up. Don't believe the picture; it will not stand on its end, but keeps falling over.

If you can spend $200 on a hand mixer, try the Gizmo. If you can't, like me, you're stuck with this decidely inferior product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my little mixer!, November 27, 2012
I love this little mixer for my diy beauty products. I don't really use this for cooking but for my beauty needs it works wonderfully. It only has two speeds and if a butter is too thick or hard it can make it hard to mix so I would only use this on light mixing. Since I only use it a few hours within a week, I have only had to charge it maybe once or twice a month. The charge works well so far and if I do have a problem I will update but so far I am pleased. I love being about to walk around the house and mix so I can move to any room of the house easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Goog quality, March 17, 2012
I have a Kitchenaid mixer but sometimes you just need something smaller. This has plenty of power for a rechargeable, single blade mixer.

2.0 out of 5 stars No buy, October 17, 2012
I purchased this to mix my instant breakfasts. Since my stroke that is a chore. Directions say to charge and let drain completely before recharging. I charged it 24hr before my first use. I used it for weeks and LOVED it. It finally drained, so I connected to the charger. After a weekend of charging, it stopped after turning it on. It is now dead. Since I can't find the receipt I have to find a new "something". Very disappointing for a brand like Oster.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, March 17, 2014
This was a gift after my Black & Decker finally wore out. This doesn`t have near the power and it just quits--my old one could stay on the charger. I use it to beat eggs but it doesn`t even do that very well. Wish I still had my old B&D.

Rate and Discover Movies