4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a slow speed!
I ordered this mixer after reading reviews on a whole lot of hand mixers. I was trying to find one that had a low speed that didn't fling cream cheese or butter all over the room when I was trying to cream ingredients together. Thanks to the reviewer that mentioned that this mixer had an actual SLOW speed for blending.
Published on May 8, 2011 by Helen Willis

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap but functional
I bought this mixer 3-4 months ago and it's still working fine (I bake fairly frequently). While the motor hasn't crapped out, I will say that this is pretty cheap and it might be worth the extra few bucks to get a slightly better model.

My two biggest grievances:
Published 19 months ago by ellie

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a slow speed!, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Oster 2500 Inspire 240-Watt 5-Speed Hand Mixer, White (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Mixer, January 7, 2011
Very happy I got this mixer. Does a great job creaming together shortening/butter and sugars for cookies! The dough hooks are a nice plus! If you need an excellent hand mixer, this one is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent mixer, January 10, 2011
Excellent mixer for the price, the dough hook is a nice attachment. Almost 1 month using this mixer at least 3 times a week and still thinking that this mixer was the correct choice compared to others with similar options and higher price. 5 speeds with real slow or 1 speed so you don't have problems at the beginning of the mixing.

5.0 out of 5 stars serious, serious merengue., July 15, 2008
A Kid's Review
no kidding, this machine can whip merengue like none other. and it mixes bread dough well too. highly recomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!, December 16, 2011
Bought a black and decker hand mixer after my old sunbeam one finally started sounding like it was going to explode when I ran it....the black and decker had no low speed so when you started mixing something it sent dust flying all over the kitchen....took it back and started hunting for a different one only to find alot of them where reviews said the same thing....This one actually has a low speed but still has plenty of power at the higher speeds and has the little speed burst button also. Some reviewers said they had a hard time getting the beaters to pop out but I haven't had any problem with that...they come out just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oster hand mixer 2500, March 4, 2011
Love this mixer, was just what I needed and the dough hooks work really well too, recommend it for sure.

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap but functional, December 15, 2012

My two biggest grievances:
As you can see in the photo, the bottom of the mixer is quite thin and kind of rounded. This gives the mixer the annoying tendency to tip over even if you set it upright carefully and without too much goop on the beaters. This can cause anything between small, inconvenient messes and epic, couldn't do it again if I tried messes (the mixer tipped over and in the process turned on and sprayed batter EVERYWHERE). It makes cooking a little more suspenseful but also a bit more frustrating.
Also, the motor works fine but tends to emit a weird burning odor as you use the mixer. I don't think I'm giving myself cancer or anything but it's still not the most pleasant odor to have wafting through the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I found this, October 30, 2011
I had been looking for a machine like this for quie a while and decided to get this one. It's great for all kinds of doughs, even yeast doughs come out really well. It's great for average cooking and bakery needs and there's nothing to complain about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive design--not so high, March 15, 2011
I chose this mixer because of its more compact design. Its power and speed control are better than the last two I've had. The beaters can get rust on them. They also have a rivet which protrudes from the bottoms. The button which releases the beaters is hard to use unless you have strong hands. The beater itself does not sit on its bottom firmly but will tip easily and fall over. All in all, I like this beater better than most others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, March 14, 2012
I do make indian flat wheat bread every night for dinner and this one made my life much simpler at a reasonable cost. My stay in US I anticipate to be not more than couple of years and I dont wanted to spend much for high end food processors which will give dough kneading capabilities as one of their attachments. the low speed this mixer offers with it's nice dough mixing attachments are wonderful, now making soft roti or chapaties are just few minutes task without touching the floor with fingers :)
Sure I will recommend this product to others

Rate and Discover Movies