5.0 out of 5 stars "Fast & Phenomenal"
Published on August 10, 2012 by Elijah's Mom

1.0 out of 5 stars Only Worked For 15 seconds
Published 20 months ago by Lisa M. Durante

5.0 out of 5 stars "Fast & Phenomenal", August 10, 2012
This review is from: Oster OGB8902 0.9-Cubic Feet Microwave Oven, Black (Kitchen)
Better than I had expected: inexpensive, arrived second day after being shipped (FREE) via UPS Ground, inner enameling appears excellent (hence unlikely to rust even with heavy use), standard reversible rotating base plate and the customary layout of quality microwaves including better than average exhaust fan capacity, and door is yanked open (= no button press needed). So far (second month) it cooks (900W) 40% faster than the 700W oven it replaced !! The only problem I've encountered is difficulty reading the touchpad controls in low light - because of badly chosen colors on a black background which should have been, but is not, illuminated. BON APETITE. This magical purchase was made possible by AMAZON - yes, Verified.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good microwave, December 28, 2012
I chose this product because of the handle, the buttons on the front, and the time can be set in seconds or higher. My old microwave I had to push the bottom to open. It stopped working and I could not close it, and if it didn't close, the microwave did not work. Most of the TV chefs and cooks used the handle opener, so I figured why not. Also, I have seen and used microwaves where the lowest timing is in minutes. I do not like those. If you put something in the microwave and you only want to set it for 30 seconds you can't do it. This microwave works well in that it heats, cooks and defrost. The price was right. The only reason that I did not give it 5 stars is I have yet to discover how to change the power level. On my old microwave, there was a button on the front and when you pushed it, it said hi or whatever, not so on this one. I guess I need to read the instructions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Micorwave, February 20, 2013
I only gave this 4 stars because of the way it opens. It can be hard to open when you have your hands full. From the other reviews I read, this was supposed to be better. Although it is a great microwave other than the way it opens. My last one had a push button opener maybe once I get better used to using it I will change my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Effective Microwave, January 23, 2013
The Oster microwave does a great job for what it is supposed to be - a low cost, effective microwave that heats up food. I was looking for a cheap microwave that could fit on my small counter top and this microwave fit the bill. The microwave does not have all of the bells and whistles that some of the more expensive ones have but I do not use them anyway so it was not a factor in my decision. The only real complaint that I have about the microwave is that it moves when opening and closing the door which causes some problems when I am trying to cook in my confined space.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only Worked For 15 seconds, July 1, 2013
Arrived on time. Box was completely intact. Unpacked it. Set it on the counter and plugged it in. Set the clock and decided to have a bag of popcorn. Set the time and pressed Start. It worked for about 15 seconds and then lost all power. I tried it in several outlets, and let it rest but power never returned to the microwave. Therefore, the microwave got Returned to Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight, July 25, 2012
It is smaller than I would have purchased had I seen it in person. It is light weight, so it moves on the counter. The interior size is ample and it functions just fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on Arrival, May 12, 2013
Robert Armstrong (San Francisco, CA 94124) - See all my reviews
I had hopes for this microwave when I ordered it, but when it arrived and I plugged it in my hopes were dashed. Absolutely nothing happened and nothing I could do would make it come to life. I then returned it to Amazon and later ordered the small Frigidaire which I am extremely happy with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, April 9, 2013
Debbe Noonan (Boston Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This was a gift for my daughter and she loves it. Works great and serves the need it was intended for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 9, 2012
Wonderful microwave for a great price. I brought to use on board the ship but will be taking it home.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died in 10 months, May 28, 2013
This microwave worked great for the first 9 months or so. Then it started making weird noises when re-heating items, and by 10 months old it was totally dead. Note: I treated this microwave very nicely...no other explanation for its failure except being inherently crappy. the worse part is i lack the papers/receipts on it to return it (how naive of me to expect it would last me for 2 years of grad school before i'd have to get rid of it when i moved). do not buy this!!!..even if it is cheaper than the others you're considering, since you'll end up spending more in the long run when it dies prematurely.