Oster Toaster Ovens - can't use foil? Oster Oven owners, have you tried this? I just checked the FAQ's at Oster's website and found a surprising item, copied below:
"Can I put foil in my toaster oven?
No. Placing foil in the unit may cause the unit to heat up over 500 degrees. For this reason we do not recommend using foil in the toaster oven."

Is this true? Are Oster toaster oven owners aware of this and are you not using foil in your ovens? What do you use instead?
I use foil in the toaster oven all the time! Either aluminum foil from a roll, or disposable aluminum foil pans. I can't imagine not having that convenience. If I can't use foil in an oven, I think that would definitely rule out that brand, which is very disappointing because Oster was on my short list :(.
asked by Mrs. Calabash on November 9, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I USE FOIL ALL THE TIME AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.
hheelleenn answered on October 18, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I cover the crumb plate on the bottom with foil. No issues at all, and the crumb plate is as clean as the day the oven was new (5 years....) I also wrap leftovers in foil, no issues. And I line pans with foil - all works fine, I've never noticed the oven heating up to over 500 - it cooks normally even using foil.
Vicki Frei answered on January 22, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think this company statement about not using foil is for their protection. I believe that if you laid a piece of loose foil on top of something, the convection might blow it up against the heating element and hold it there causing the thermostat to mis-read. If you use foil sensibly and tuck it over something carefully securing it and molding it around your casserole or whatever, I belive it is fine to use foil.
Amazon Customer answered on March 6, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We have covered items with foil and there was never a problem.
Joseph C. Dorsey answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use foil regularly with this oven. But more often, I use parchment paper (for cookies, and to reheat pizza) which doesn't stick to the food like foil.
Sharilyn Miller answered on March 20, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use foil in mine as well. However, I primarily use parchment paper-to cut down on the amount aluminum we consume, but have never noticed an overheating problem when I have used foil. I also cover the crumb plate with foil.
S. Chille answered on March 6, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product