5.0 out of 5 stars A Vintage Suitcase Can Lead to...Murder!
I really loved this anthology. Three women, solving mysteries, all connected by a vintage suitcase.

Published on December 3, 2012 by Terri L. Austin

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 novellas-nice intro to 3 sleuths
Let's face it, I prefer full-length mysteries. There are three shorter mysteries in this book, each connected by lost suitcases. So, the three sleuths had to solve their mysteries without their own clothing. They each did it in a somewhat different way, but that was only a minor part of the story. Each would work without that connection.

It's tricky to write a...
Published 24 months ago by Norma Huss

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Vintage Suitcase Can Lead to...Murder!, December 3, 2012

In Midnight Ice by Diane Vallere, a prequel to Pillow Stalk, Madison Night is nursing a broken heart and a busted leg. After a painful breakup, Madison heads to Carmel, CA, to stay in the bed and breakfast owned by her idol, Doris Day. Getting the wrong suitcase from the airport is just the first of many setbacks she faces. There's a mystery afoot, diamonds to be found, and a past that won't leave her alone. With her life in danger, Madison doesn't know who to trust and has to rely on her wits to solve the crime.

In Switch Back by Kendel Lynn, Elliot Lisbon inherits a small Texas town from recently deceased Austin Carter. Well, the foundation she's in charge of inherits it. Elliot travels to Texas for the Cattle Baron's Ball and finds all is not well in the town of Little Oak. Upon her arrival, Elliot discovers she picked up the wrong vintage suitcase and she has nothing to wear but the clothes on her back. And the trouble doesn't stop there. Bea Carter, beloved wife of Austin, is arrested for murdering her husband. In a town full of secrets, lies, and rivalries, Elliot, an aspiring PI, does a little sleuthing of her own. Will she discover the real murderer, save Miss Bea, and get her fill of Texas barbeque in time?

In Fool's Gold by Gigi Pandian, a prequel to Artifact, historian Jaya Jones, heads to Scotland. Along the way, she picks up someone else's vintage suitcase--goodbye black clothes and hello color. Jaya's friend, Daniella, is starring in a play featuring a famous and rare chess set. But when the chess set gets stolen from a locked room, panic ensues. With the help of her magician friend, Sanjay, Jaya looks for clues in the historical town of Edinburgh. Will she find the chess set in time for opening night?

Great characters, strong heroines, and interesting, fun mysteries made this a page turner for me. Can't wait to read more by all these authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Great Mysteries in 1 Book!, November 29, 2012
I really enjoyed these fun, fast paced mysteries. Although the interrelated stories shared switched baggage, you received three different female sleuths in three completely different mysteries -- from robbery to murder to a heist -- tripling the enjoyment. Even though the stories had me turning the pages quickly, I never felt short-changed by these novellas. Each one gave me fully developed characters, a lovable protagonist, and an intriguing plot. I also loved the varied locations that added a different flavor to each story. The hints you would get about the next story's character from their suitcase were fun and easily pulled me into the next story. I highly recommend OTHER PEOPLE'S BAGGAGE as a delightful triple cozy full of entertaining, funny characters and compelling whodunits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Entertainment, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Other People's Baggage: Three Interconnected Mystery Novellas (Henery Press Mystery Novellas Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Cover drew my attention then stories kept interest. Clever entertaining mysteries which build off one another. Worth every cent invested. Definitely will be adding these writers to my To Be Read List.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun collection with a lots of twists, December 1, 2012
L. Walker "MysteryMom" (MIDLOTHIAN, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
This is the first novella anthology I've read in a long time, and it's a fast, fun read with great mysteries and funny characters. The authors did a great job of flowing the stories from one to the next, and the common thread of the luggage mix-up was great because it saved the reader from having to keep track of a common mystery from one story to the next.

I love Madison Night's savvy juxtaposed with her Doris Day innocence. Super character. This is the first I've read of Elli Lisbon, and I can't wait to see more of her. Nineteen layers of hand sanitizer = a girl after my own heart. I wasn't that way before I had children, but three stomach bugs in one winter can make anyone hate germs. Jaya reminds me of a stiletto wearing Indiana Jones, and her magician friend Sanjay is a great sidekick.

The settings were also all very well done, and very different, too, which was fun. The Doris Day hotel in the first story is a great, fun place to read about, and Lynn nails the small Texas town down to the emptying square and tent revivals. Scotland is one of those places I've always wanted to visit, and after reading Pandian's descriptions, I feel like I have, in a way.

I read an advance copy provided by the authors, but was under no obligation to offer anything but my honest opinion, which is exactly what you see here. I'm looking forward to more books with these characters!

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat!, November 20, 2012
G. Smith (Chattanooga, TN) - See all my reviews
Please Don't Eat the Daisies meets J.R. Ewing meets Indiana Jones. Other People's Baggage needs to be in Everyone's Stocking.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 novellas-nice intro to 3 sleuths, February 3, 2013

It's tricky to write a book that is neither a short story, nor a full one, and that may have been the problem with one of the mysteries - too much plot, because one did confuse me a little. However, they were all fun, they all solved their mysteries, and the book as a whole probably deserved three and a half stars.

Okay, I haven't said anything about the plots, so you'll have to take a peek yourself. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Concept in Connected Mystery Novellas, January 18, 2013
Susan Boyer "Susan M. Boyer" (Greenville, South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This is such a fun read! I loved the concept from the beginning, and these three connected mystery novellas did not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Other People's Baggage, November 30, 2012
Cheryl Green (North Potomac, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed reading Other People's Baggage. It is about 3 inter-connected stories that whets your reading appetite to read the three mystery series written by these 3 very talented authors. Kendel Lynn, Gigi Pandian and Diane Vallere have written a well paced mystery that will keep you turning the pages. I am very happy to have found 3 new authors to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Other People's Baggage, November 10, 2012
I recently won "Other People's Baggage" by Kendel Lynn, Gigi Pandian and Diane Vallere, through the Goodreads Giveaway Contest.I must first say that I was presently surprised when I went to open the package, and the book had been gift-wrapped, like a Christmas present.It was a nice touch and made me smile.

This book is about three interconnected Mystery Novellas, that have one common thread, three women who each have a gift for solving mysteries each grapped the wrong bag at the Dallas International Airport...and had to make do with what they had for the balance of their trip.

I must say that I love reading mystery suspense novels, but I have never been drawn to reading too many novellas, as I feel that the character development and scope of the novella is somewhat limited in its restraints.But I have since changed my mind when I became totally emerged in these three interconnected novellas.

These books were well written, fast-paced and very enjoyable to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute Stories, March 24, 2013
The idea was interesting: three separate stories with a thread tying them together. Each concerned a woman whose baggage was lost by an airline. They handle the loss differently, and that's part of the fun. Two of the stories were just ok; the third, I'm not saying which, made me want to read more of that writer's work. The stories are fun and move quickly. It's a quick, easy read - great for airline reading, but then you'll worry about your baggage for the rest of the trip.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›