Other Super Books About Autism

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 8, 2008 7:18:56 AM PDT
The Curious Incident and The Legend of Mickey Tussler are also interesting works that are invaluable to anyone who is interested in Aspergers

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 11:03:27 AM PDT
Kelly Jadon says:
Other great books have been written by William Stillman, an Asperger's self-advocate. He blogs at Basil & Spice: Author & Book Views On a Healthy Life.

Kelly Jad'on
www.BasilAndSpice.com

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 1:55:11 PM PDT
A different view of autism can be read, for free, at http://30145.myauthyorsite.com/

Perhaps many of us are acquiring a smidgen of autism. Autism is a collection of behaviours, and if we have any understanding of the physical causes of behaviours, it is an extremely primitive and rudimentary understanding. Psychological speculations about behaviour don't even attempt to address physical causes. Why do so many of the parents of autistic children share very same personality traits said to define autism? These parents are often high functioning and are obviously not abnormal. It does seem obvious that autism includes many causes and many abnormalities. I suggest that those children with a certain personality (non conformist, lacking in intuitive abilities, analytical minds, socially untalented, etc) are labelled autistic. Children whose defect may have a similar cause, but are intuitive and have lots of social talents, are labelled something else. It is nonconformity that is on the increase, not autism.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 8, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Look Me in the Eye - My Life With Asperger's
Look Me in the Eye - My Life With Asperger's by John Elder Robison (Paperback - 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (624)