Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 13, 2011 9:38:29 AM PDT
Last year, I had downloaded the first half of the audiobook, and absolutely loved it. So, I went to Audible and snatched it up, but the narrator (Ray Porter) was so different, that I've not been able to finish. I just got so distracted by the version of Gault from Ray Porter, that I zone out and miss dialogue. It's just not nearly as good as this other narrator.

Unfortunately, I let a colleague borrow the sampler I had burned to disc, and a series of unfortunate events led to my digital copy going poof (along with my entire laptop), and he has YET to bring it back. Without that disc, I don't know who the other narrator was.

Is there anyone out there who knows who else has narrated Patient Zero?

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 3:53:22 PM PDT
Okay, I found out the reader's name. Alec Volz. Audible needs to sell his version.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2012 2:43:34 AM PDT
R.S.W. says:
YES! Thank God, I thought I was going crazy! I only bought the book for this one, and was listening to a version a friend has recently. I was wondering why the HECK Church now sounded like Mayor Quimby??

I don't know what they have to do, but PLEASE get Alec Volz back doing the reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2012 5:59:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2012 6:01:58 AM PDT
From what I've been able to find out, Alec's versions are available for free to any person eligible for BARD (Braille and Audio Reading Download) for the blind and handicapped. This service is provided by the Library of Congress, so unfortunately, I don't know if we'll ever be able to buy the GOOD version of the audiobook from Audible.

http://www.loc.gov/cgi-bin/zgate.nls?ACTION=INIT&FORM_HOST_PORT=\prod\www\data\nls\catalog\index.html,z3950.loc.gov,7490
Here's a link to the Joe Ledger Books, should you be able to get into the program to get the books.

http://www.loc.gov/nls/tbt/2011/index.html
Here's some more info.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2012 6:48:54 AM PDT
R.S.W. says:
Man... That explains it. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. It's tough news, though. I really don't think I can listen to JFK-ish Church, compared to the version I'm used to hearing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2013 12:17:37 AM PST
Alec Volz
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel
Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel by Jonathan Maberry (Paperback - March 3, 2009)
4.2 out of 5 stars (427)