5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!
Published 16 months ago by Melissa Del Duca

3.0 out of 5 stars Big, good quality, poor snaps
It ended up being a little bigger than I needed, but I'd rather have extra room than not enough. Good strong canvas, straps and stichting (so far!). My only complaint is that the snaps - though they aren't magnetic (thank God) are, well snaps - and they're already starting to wear out.

A message to the manufacturing world of backpacks - please just use real...
Published 16 months ago by ng

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!, March 22, 2013
Melissa Del Duca (SACRAMENTO, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Otium 21101 Canvas Backpack Rucksack (Apparel)
I had been searching around for a good "rucksack" style backpack for qutie some time. After some pretty long research I found this bag. I read all the reviews and they were all very encouraging. It is a little pricey, but I have to say it is worth the investment. The inside is HUGE and holds all of my stuff with room to spare. I needed a backpack that was going to hold a lot of stuff and this definitely fits the bill. The straps are comfy and have a slightly padded feel to them. Overall a great product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Big, good quality, poor snaps, March 5, 2013

A message to the manufacturing world of backpacks - please just use real buckles instead of making functional buckles obsolete by putting them over snaps which wear out.

I'm thinking about altering the snaps so I can use them as buckles, or maybe even adding some catches at the bottom bag so I can close the flap all the way to the bottom.

All in all, a solid win for what I expected. After all, it is amazon, and it is the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I need, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Otium 21101 Canvas Backpack Rucksack (Apparel)
I always liked the rough and tumble style of a rucksack. I've used backpacks with zippers all my life and will miss it, but the tradeoff is great considering it's style.
Thank goodness it's a snap-on and not the actual buckles you unbuckle to open the bag, otherwise it would be such a hassle.
Decently sized bag to hold anything you need it to hold.

Size reference:
As for sizes (I'm 5 foot 11) the small one by all means hold anything for school I needed it to carry, but for someone my size, it was small whereas the large one surprisingly is the perfect fit.
My sister who's about 5 foot 5 wears the smaller one just fine.
*I like to wear mine from slightly lower shoulder to just where my back ends.*

3.0 out of 5 stars Get's compliments from passers by, but has issues you need to know about., December 4, 2013
I've been using it now for a little over a month and for the most part it's working out well. The pen pouch just inside and under the main flap is in an awkward place for me when I have the bag filled with school books and/or my laptop because it lays against the side that lays on your back. When you want to access the pouch you have to move everything out of the way. Other than that the bag is very sturdy material and so far very well stitched; there is a slight smell to the fabric so I washed it twice which toned that down a lot, and if you load the bag heavy the button snaps on the main flap will unbutton when you pick up the bag by the shoulder straps or even the handle between them. There is no BASE/Bottom to the bag so you can not place it upright, it will almost always fall on its back or roll forward if you try. So far I haven't lost anything from the 2 side and 1 front pouch, but I think that's because I've been lucky since they are only buttoned by 1 button snap. I usually carry the bag over my right shoulder and I've been noticing that the strap has been slipping through the hoops slowly and I have to adjust it every few days. When I've carried it around campus there have been people who have complimented the looks of the bag, which I suppose is something. lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 30, 2013
This bag is amazing. It's very sturdy an it has a ton of room. Very spacious. I can put all my books and computer along with my lunch. The straps are sturdy and they aren't magnets. Great bag for a great price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good backpack... Leather stinks, February 28, 2014
Backpack is what I expected. I am pleased with it, but the leather has an odd odor to it. I've washed it twice now and it is still hanging in there. I will wash another time or two and try and get it to vacate. Otherwise, backpack is nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, October 23, 2013
I spent about 3 months looking for a good, rugged-looking backpack. I love the rucksack style but I didn't want a "cute" "flower printed" one.
I finally went with this one after months of searching and couldn't be happier.
The design is both fashionable and rugged.
It is a strong backpack.
It holds SO MUCH. And it seems very strong.

Have had it for about 2 weeks, no probably with straps, snaps, or anything!

100% satisfied with my decision!
#good product
#great price
#awesome service!

5.0 out of 5 stars 👍👍👍👍, August 15, 2013
I love this bag the color is amazing , great quality , and great strength this bag should last a very long time thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it as a quick diaper bag, June 20, 2014
I don't ever write reviews, but I really like this bag. I bought it so I can carry my stuff as well as diapers and bottles on the go for my baby. I like having a cute bag that's hands free and reasonably priced. Seems very durable and will last

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great for daily/regular use, June 15, 2014
After a few months of use, the back/bottom of the bag quickly became discolored from jeans/dirt/etc. And the bottom of the bag has no support/padding to keep it's shape, so items like laptops, books hang really awkwardly. Overall wasn't the comfortable to use for daily use.

Otium 21101 Canvas Backpack Rucksack