Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on February 15, 2011
I spotted this lamp at an office store but found it on Amazon for a lower price. The Ott-Lite is a really attractive and functional lamp. I put it next to my computer and it doesn't "glare" but provides clear lighting. The sculpted, inflexible design prevents the bulb from shining in your face. Some task lights have a tendency to target you with their glaring bulbs or produce heat which does not contribute to serenity in the cubicle. This lamp frees one from such constraints. I pop it on first thing and it makes colors look brighter, letters more clear and reduces eye strain. Maybe it's the way the bulb is designed but it's very soothing to be around the light and it's very modern and futuristic looking with the smooth flowing lines. I look forward to it being offered in some of the other colors on Amazon!
on May 7, 2011
I was in need of a desk lamp during finals week after my 6-year-old one went out. Found this on Amazon and was interested because of its design and the advertised quality of light.

When I plugged the bulb in and tried turning it on the first time I thought it wasn't bright enough (that was during the day), but by the time the evening came in and I turned it on to use for real it was very bright and useful.

Only two down sides: 1) it's shorter than I thought it would be, and so the curved design actually limits the light into a confined pool under the bulb (you have to put things directly underneath the lamp in order for more light to hit it; but you could probably just set it on a block or book or something); 2) the power button is pretty stiff and is situated vertically (instead of most desk lamps where it's horizontally on the base) so you'd need to hold the whole thing in order to press it.

All in all, it does what it should as a desk lamp and is great for reading and desktop work. Aside from two minor points, it's really a nice desk lamp with a sleek design, and much cheaper on Amazon (hopefully it'll last at least another 6 years, which would make it worth the money).
on September 1, 2011
I have a similar lamp that uses (seemingly) same type of bulb, but this lamp's light is definitely better than the other one when put them side by side. Reading books and going through a picture album become a lot more enjoyable, because the colors just jump out of the paper.

The only reason I took 1 star is the switch is somewhat stiff, so I'm not able to push the button with a single finger; either I need to use the thumb to push the button while holding the lamp with the rest of the fingers or use two hands. I think it would have been better if the switch were located at the base.
on January 1, 2012
I put this desk lamp on my wishlist for Christmas and received this as a gift. I really wanted a new lamp that would provide better lighting than what I had been using and I liked the idea of a larger lamp that might cast more light over my desk.

Unfortunately what arrived was not as expected. Generally I really prefer desk light over a ceiling light because it's not harsh and it's easier on my eyes (which tend to be very dry and sensitive to bright, unnatural light). This lamp's description promised natural lighting, which I was very attracted to, but in reality, while the light is nice, it still feels a little too strong for my eyes. The irony is that it feels like the light does not cast very far - it feels very concentrated on one area of my desk and the result is that the rest of my office is darker than I would like.

My compromise is that I have had to place the lamp on a taller object on my desk - this helps to make it a little brighter, but with it higher off the desk, I am more able to see the bulb and it hurts my eyes.

The lamp's body is also made out of plastic (which was probably in the description, but I failed to notice this), making it feel cheap. The button is hard to push in, so I usually have to grip the base of the lamp to steady it as I push in the button.

I feel really bad that my family member purchased this for me. I'll hang onto it for a while, but I doubt I will be using this as a long-term solution.
on September 25, 2011
The lighting works fine but the switch is so stiff that it tends to get stuck. It is so frustrating to push the switch hard for a couple of times to release the switch. And finally, today it got stuck again and there was no way to make the switch come out. Such a fatal design problem. I am returning the item.
on December 29, 2012
I'd been comparing OttLite models for a couple of months when I settled on this one. It's larger than some of the other desk models, but it does the job. I've been familiar with this company for years, and I've always considered them the standard-bearer for reading lamps. The bright light really improves readability, bringing print in to sharper focus. I have reading glasses, but I don't always use them with this lamp. That's how good it is. I also found the pricing available here on Amazon to be the best around. Highly recommended.
on September 19, 2011
This product is great and lighting is bright and natural. Only drawback is the power switch that I need to hold the lamp to push power off or on switch. Using a rocky type switch will solve this problem..... Ottlite needs to know this.....
on November 26, 2012
The F48K28 Natural Daylight Desk Lamp is an attractive Ott Lite lamp. I have two previously purchased OttLites; a tall floor model and a table top model. This small table top model is attractive and doesn't occupy a lot of space, which is why I bought it. The lamp curves pretty low to the table and is not flexible. I use the other Ott lamps for my artwork; this lamp gives light too close to my working surface.
After using the lamp 3 or 4 times, the On/Off switch, which is a "press-in" button on the lower lamp body, became 'locked in' and no longer usable. I could no longer operate the lamp! I had to take the lamp apart to see the way the On/Off switch operated. It works on a simple button, but the nesting for the mechanism is through a metal nut that is poorly anchored and will probably come loose in many cases. I pulled the wiring & "press-in" button outside of the lamp and re-assembled the lamp with the On/Off switch outside. It works fine this way, but not all customers have my "MacGiver" ability. This is a problem the manufacturer should fix.
on February 8, 2012
First thing I notice once I turn this thing on is non glaring light and a higher sense of sight with this thing on versus regular bulb design lamps. I enjoy the cool design of the light as well, adds to the aesthetic look & feel of my room. I would definitely recommend to any of my friends and family. Very sturdy and good quality lighting fixture. A++
on March 4, 2014
This OttLite appeared to be a good value at Amazon's advertised price. I hate that I didn't have the opportunity to find out. The 1st lamp purchased arrived with a defective on/off switch & was immediately returned for replacement. The replacement (straight from Amazon) arrived in an opened box, with obvious evidence of previous use and repair. The Amazon ad fails to advertise these lamps as used, repaired, or refurbished. I thought I was purchasing a new, 1st quality item. After two attempts, I failed to receive a new, working, 1st quality lamp from Amazon. I give up.