5.0 out of 5 stars OTT LITE
Published 24 months ago by Marshall R Potter

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Worked...Perhaps Was The Lamp
I hadn't used my lamp for about 5 years or more because the replacement bulbs were too costly. I purchased this bulb, plugged up the lamp and nothing happened. I threw away the lamp and the bulb. It was my worst lamp purchase ever!
Published 7 months ago by Bruse Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars OTT LITE, September 6, 2012
This review is from: OttLite T18330 18w Replacement Tube Bulb, bulb type B (Tools & Home Improvement)
The bulb that I purchased came fast and was well packed. However, I must warn purchasers that the bulb may not be the problem if your OTT Lite is not working. It seems that the ballast or transformer on many OTT Lites is not the most reliable component. Afer receiving my bulb and finding out that my lamp was not working with either bulb, the old or the new, I did research on the web and found that the OTT Lite has serious problems with the ballast burning out and being very expensive to replace. I called OTT and found out that they would sell me a new ballast cord assembly, but I would probably need to pay someone to replace it. That part would cost $20 plus labor. They told me that they would sell me another lamp with 20% off. That would cost around $52 or $53. However, it was cheaper on Amazon.com. I did some shopping and found places like Tuesday Morning were selling similar lamps at lower prices still. They had the a fancier Ott Lite for 49.99 with a long 18W bulb and the Verilux Lamp for around $40 on a special sale.

Bottom, line, you may not need a bulb, the lamp may be defective not the bulb. However, if you do need a bulb, this company sells a good product at a fair price, and ships very quickly and sends the product extremely well packed. Good seller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., May 22, 2011
Despite matching part numbers, the connector end of this bulb did NOT mate to my OttLite (Vision Saver, #18332). With pliers, I removed the nubs from the bulbs connector that caused the interference and the bulb fit right in. Took 2 seconds. Once inserted, it works great !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but if you have an older lamp......., April 17, 2012
These replacement tubes are ha the cost from Ott Lite Lite in Tampa, but if you have an older model lamp they wil not fit!
Ott Lite has changed the sockets and the new tubes will not work.
However it is possible to remove the protrusions in the sockets that conformed to the originl tubes, and make the new tube fit. I have done this on two lamps with a Dremel tool Or you could order new sockets, in either case the new tubes are fine, and a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lite, September 10, 2011
This replacement bulb works great! Never had a problem with items ordered from Amazon.
Had a hard time finding this bulb and finding it at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars ott llite, November 11, 2010
This bulb lasts a very long time and gives out good light while I do my up close beading work or reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ott-lite T18330, April 3, 2011
My wife is vision-impaired and this light enables her to read books and her Nook book. It was a great gift for her from our kids. And the price for replacement bulbs, on Amazon, is also great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Worked...Perhaps Was The Lamp, January 15, 2014
Bruse Bell (Calumet City, IL, US) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Went out after 1day!, January 4, 2014
Zero is my rating! Looked the Earth over to find a bulb.. The lamp is new-no fault of the fixture itself... Put the bulb in-gave amazing light for an hour..DONE! Now I have to go through the hassle of getting it replaced. I am not happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad product, December 6, 2013
because a few days over the 30 days the light bulb started flickering, and by day 45 it burnt out. I just found out cuz its for a light my 103 yr old client uses and she forgot to tell me it want working

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not fit, February 22, 2014
Did not fit lamp even though it looks exactly like the old bulb. Now I'm stuck with it. :-(. What a waste. Not sure if I can return since package is opened.

OttLite T18330 18w Replacement Tube Bulb, bulb type B