5.0 out of 5 stars Otterbox case for iTouch 4G
I absolutely love this case by Otterbox! It is very easy to put on and I had no issues with the case not fitting properly. I feel like my iTouch is very well protected in this case. I will definitely be getting this case in some other colors.
Published on March 10, 2011 by Azure

3.0 out of 5 stars Not otterbox's normal quality
Published on January 22, 2012 by Bigtexashair

5.0 out of 5 stars Otterbox case for iTouch 4G, March 10, 2011
This review is from: OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Apple iPod touch 4G (Blue/White) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Itouch 4, April 1, 2011
This is a terrific product. It has saved me from many falls. It is not as big & bulky as the original Otter box. I shattered my first Itouch & will always have the new one in an Otter box.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not otterbox's normal quality, January 22, 2012
I bought an otterbox because I thought this would be the ultimate case for my new iPod touch, this is not what you think it going to be. It's a lot slimmer and not nearly as clunky as you think, which may be a positive. But the case doesn't fit itself right. The plugs on the bottom for the ear phones and charger don't stay in, so they are out...floppy all the time. That's annoying. Also this blue and white case looks nothing like the picture. It's a standard blue, like the color of a restroom sign, not this nice grey blue that you see in the pictures. Not nearly as happy as I wish I was.

5.0 out of 5 stars It got run over by a car and still works!!, September 4, 2012
Emily "emmy1" (Waukon, IA, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this Otterbox Commuter after receiving my IPod Touch for Christmas. I bought it mostly, because I have small children who play with the Ipod and I wanted to keep it safe.

This morning in a rush to get home from the gym, I placed my Ipod on the hood of my car. Got in the car and took off. I traveled the 2 miles home, realized it was missing and back tracked. I found it a mile and a half from my gym. It had been run over by a car and I was sure it was a lost cause... my Ipod STILL WORKS!! There is no damage to the case. It's amazing! Best investment I have made!!

The only negative I have about this case is that it doesn't allow me to dock my Ipod on my home player... but the positives (it got run over by a car) greatly outweigh the inconvenience of having to take the case off to dock the Ipod.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, July 16, 2012
Loved the style of the case and the protection, however, the silicone case is too loose. Around the main button the case gapped out 1/2 an inch - very disappointed. Overall the Otterbox brand seems like a decent case, but I would definitely look at another style that does not have a silicone outer sleeve like this one. Very poor design.

5.0 out of 5 stars otterbox for ipod touch, April 27, 2011
My daughter is a bit clumsy w things but her otterbox has saved her ipod a couple of times. It's wonderful and Amazon has always been terrific with everything I have purchased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, but rating the product as a whole, November 15, 2011
The case itself is the most beautiful case I have ever set my eyes on. My previous case was the Speck Candyshell grip. The Otterbox Commuter:
1. Covers more than the Speck, including the glass that is not actually part of the screen (very important in my opinion)
2. Is composed of two layers of protection as opposed to the Speck's one
3. Was cheaper. I ripped myself off when I first received my current iPod, as my last one had been lost to my own foolishness (with water). Being the paranoid I am, I immediately picked up the first case I saw while still at Target for $25, not knowing that the same product was less than $10 on Amazon.
4. It is also very sexy looking and feeling. Nothing sexier than a two-tone case.
5. Has a VERY snug fit. Makes me feel much more comfortable about my sexy-looking iPod.

At first, I thought that the entire case was made of sleek plastic, but in fact the white (I got blue/white) envelope is textured silicone, with a matte blue plastic cradle. Very sophisticated.

The reason I took a star off of an otherwise perfect case is that I regard the entire package as the product. The way the included screen protector and accessories were packed into the silicone shell made it tough for me to remove without stretching the case out. I didn't want a loose case right off the bat. Also, the twisting required to safely remove the stuff packaged inside the shell ended up creasing the screen protector. Unfortunately, I had already made the mistake of removing my old screen protector in anticipation. The included protector is slightly smaller and also does not feature a hole for the front camera.

I re-applied my old screen protector to the back of the iPod (to protect the exposed Apple logo) and trimmed it, not knowing that the new protector would not satisfy my expectations. Since it had been creased, and since the included squeegee card was too flimsy (use a credit card instead!), there were many air bubbles. By the time I found my credit card to use, the screen protector was already too dirty to be applied (debris underneath protectors is what causes irremovable bubbles). In the end I had to throw it out.

In conclusion, although I had no problems with the great amazing case, the packaging and screen protector were a little of a downer. I also think it would have been awesome if a small piece of protector was provided for the hole in the back. I would not have had to sacrifice my original protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING CASE!!! :), August 19, 2012
This case is an awesome case. If you want a otterbox case that does not add to much bulk to your iPod. Than this is the case for you..I Love it!! I found no problems. :) Great Deal!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, August 13, 2012
Joseph (Charlotte, New Caledonia) - See all my reviews
I ordered this for my mom and she loves it. Her iPod was unprotected until she got this. The only bad thing was the screen protector did not have a hole punched for the front facing camera.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good fit as we had hoped, June 26, 2012
we ordered this for my sons birthday to go with his new ipod touch. we wanted something similar to an otterbox to protect the ipod. the blue portion of the case is very sturdy but goes on over top of the white rubber sleeve. the white rubber portion bunches up and doesnt easily shape as it should around the ipod. in addition to this the white portion that is supposed to fit into the headphone jack etc doesnt stay in when put in place. it is bunched up and pops back out as soon as you release it.

Rate and Discover Movies