5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase. Arrived quick!
Published 20 months ago by O'Neil

3.0 out of 5 stars People can't hear me anymore; otherwise a great case
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase. Arrived quick!, April 29, 2013
This review is from: OtterBox Commuter Series Case for HTC One - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The case does hide the beauty of the back of the phone but that comes with the territory of most phone protection. Great build as well. It's now easier to adjust my volume controls. It's not nearly as bulky as I thought it would be and feel that I can relax a little more knowing that such a sturdy case is on my phone. Screen protector looks flawless as well. It's hard to tell if one is even on it. 5 stars for the meticulous work behind it's structure and 5 stars to the seller for how quickly it arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable Dual Layer Case, April 13, 2013
Length:: 7:37 Mins

Otterbox's mid-level Commuter case protects your device from bumps and drops. The included screen protector ensures your screen will stay in mint condition. The Commuter consists of of soft rubber inner layer, and a smaller, hard plastic shell. This dual layer case and screen protector can be yours for only $35.

Five Stars:

Excellent fit and finish
Otterbox remembered to use a cut out for the power button
Includes a screen protector
Reasonable price

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Most... But Not All., May 22, 2013
I looked at a dozen cases and the Commuter won me over by it's simple but eloquent design. This case is a middle ground case that falls between super protection (OtterBox Defender Series) and limited protection of thin rubber skins. The down side is this case won't provide maximum protection and it will not let all HTC One's natural beauty shine through. What it will do is protect your phone from moderate falls and do it in a relatively thin case. The included screen protector does NOT cover 100% of the screen from left to right, but it does from top to bottom. The reasoning, I'm guessing, is so the rubber lip won't rub and bubble the edges of the screen protector. So it's VERY important that you center the screen protector so that there is a tiny (1mm), but equal, amount of free space on BOTH sides (Left/Right). At least one reviewer complained about smudges on the screen protector. I don't know how oily his fingers are, but I didn't have any problems. Well, no more or less than any other of the same type (peel off). I would say that the screen protector is BETTER than that on the Defender Series, which attracts smudges like a magnet. I clean my screen about once every two to three days with a little water and a lint-free-cloth. NEVER use any other type of cleaner except water. Chemicals will eventually deteriorate your screen protector over time giving it a dull foggy look.

Why only 4-Starts? Like all middle ground tech, it performs well at many things, but does not excel at any one thing. It does the job, and it does it well, but there are drawbacks. For instance, the aluminium speaker grills have no protection. Dust and debris are going to collect on them and will eventually creep into the little holes. Beware of using canned air to clean them, as it just may lodge the particles deeper into the grill. The second downfall is there are few hip/belt pouches that will accommodate this case. It's just large enough that most average hip/belt pouches are just a little too small to accommodate it's thickness. I haven't found a pouch yet that I like. So, I have to keep it in my pocket or carry it around in hand for now. I constantly forget it's in my pocket and have sat on it more than a few times, but I'm not overly worried that I'll damage it. I'm more worried about all the dust it's going to collect over time. The rubber edges do attract dust bunny's and scrape against the pocket.

To sum things up...

PROs
Well designed product that I would not be afraid to drop on concrete or tile from hip level
Made from durable materials - it should last me about a year before the rubber starts to stretch out
Comes with a decent screen protector (kudos to OtterBox for thinking ahead (size vs edge vs bubbling))
Super easy to install

CONs
Speaker grills not protected against dust (exposed like with cheaper gel skins)
No hip pouch/buckle/snap like the Defender Series

The Con's are NOT flaws, but simple limitations of a middle of the ground case which tries to do it all, and does a passable. OtterBox has done an outstanding job. Now if I could only find a hip pouch, it would be near perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for the HTC One, September 23, 2013
Sam Kimpton "Geek" (Raleigh, North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
The case is easy to put on the HTC One -- it's a tight fit, which is a good thing -- but you do have to pay attention to the flaps that cover the headphone jack and charge ports when putting the hard cover over the soft inner jacket.

The two-part design is attractive and provides adequate protection. The screen protector included with the case is crystal-clear and practically invisible - my only gripe with the screen protector is that the edge of it is a feels a little harsh when swiping down from the top of the screen - but it's a minor nitpick.

I've had this case for almost two months, and it still looks great. The parts of the soft shell that are exposed are showing a small amount of wear (the subtle texture on the surface is starting to rub smooth on the corners), but this by no means affects the protection. The more obvious texture on the hard shell still looks perfect, with no scratches.

Part of what keeps the case looking great is that the hard outer shell is open on the corners, revealing the soft layer. If the phone is dropped, the soft corners take the impact that would normally scratch or crack the hard plastic shell.

The raised lip of the soft inner shell that runs around the front face of the phone also protects the screen from landing on hard surfaces.

I highly recommend this case to HTC One owners.

3.0 out of 5 stars People can't hear me anymore; otherwise a great case, October 24, 2013
After an Otterbox for my Droid Incredible, my iPhone 4 (and fiance's iP4), fiance's iPhone 5, and now the iPhone 5S....I've never had a problem with OB cases and mic volume. Unfortunately, when I am speaking to people with this case on, they say I sound like I'm whispering or speaking through a wall. I take the case off, and sure enough they can hear me loud and clear. That proves that it's not my phone that's causing these issues. As mentioned previously, I have put on several of these Otterbox cases on several different phone models without issue. I'm pretty sure it's not something I'm doing wrong, as the port hole in the case is perfectly lined up with the HTC One's microphone hole.

It doesn't seem like anyone else is having these problems, but it's making me question this case on the HTC One. I really want to love it, but what's the point of a case on a phone that doesn't allow a phone to be a phone?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case. Homerun from Otterbox, June 11, 2013
LuKiN (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
I have many otterbox cases but this one is probably my favorite. The case fits like a glove and the design is pretty much exactly what I am looking for. I would make a slight change, given the chance but its supreme when it comes to protection. The best part of the case for me is the cut out on the power button. I really dig this feature, if there were no cutout the case would not be the same. Simple to locate at night and I feel it lessens the wear an tear on the button. Time will tell if the flap that covers the power jack will hold up but if not the warranty will cover it.

Highly recommend this case. I have dropped the phone once on hardwood and of course, no damage. Fits tight but easy to remove if you wish to do so. I did not bother with the screen protector that was included but it was a nice touch. Thanks OB

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Control, December 21, 2013
I have always liked OtterBox cases, and I rarely write reviews unless I am super satisfied or sick of something. I worked some time in a cell phone store and I can honestly say that OtterBox quality control has gone down the drain. I saw more cases that came with inner portions that didn't fit correctly. Just received my OtterBox for my HTC One and it has the same issue. The inner rubber portion is too large resulting in a terrible fit on the lower portion of the phone. It just doesn't fit. Luckily Amazon has amazing customer service and they exchange items without a fuss. Thanks Amazon!

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh... Its ok., December 9, 2013
It is a good case, but dust can get into the device easily. It was nice to see that the lock button was not covered. Some of the rubber that cover the headphone jack and the USB port have the tendency to peel and come off not to the point where the entire piece will come off, but where it gets annoying. I think its a good case, but it is a bit overpriced for the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Love It, August 21, 2013
So I spent about 2 weeks going over product reviews and video reviews, debating which case I wanted. I really did like the idea of that goliath of a phone case the OtterBox Defender but read countless reviews of how there was an annoying space in between the phone screen and the built in screen protector which caused tons of interactive issues. I did not want to shell out 40 bucks for a cell phone case that had such a huge draw back, you really would think a multi million dollar company would have a legitimate research and development department that was somewhat note worthy of eliminating such gigantic flaws but apparently not. I was hesitant at first to purchase the Commuter thinking that it may not offer the same protection for me, a highly active adrenaline junky who is all over the place and clumsy to the point that my phone drops at least three times a day. I was wrong. The Otterbox Defender offer incredible protection. The best aspects of this phone is...well..everything. It offers excellent all around protection, a long lasting non built in screen protector, and is still small enough to slip in and out of my pocket with ease. Also the phone has port covers for the headphone input, the charging port and covers the volume controls, but still allows them to work flawlessly without to much force being applied. However the power button is not covered by a port cover unlike many other phone cases, but this is a good thing, as the power button also works as an IR remote for electronics such as the TV, Cable Box etc.

The Only Drawbacks I can think of, which are not even that big of a deal is the camera. Like I said not that big of a deal because the case still itself offers great protection I wish it would have some sort of protector similar to the screen itself, just a though. I mean the camera is amazing and I would hate to drop my phone in a weird way where the camera could get scratched, its unlikely that would happen but still a possibility. Another thing that bothered me is the choice of colors, again this does not effect the overall performance but it would be nice to have some decent colors, I mean, they chose to have vomit green before releasing basic red? Oh well, black works out fine.

All in all I have had the OtterBox Commuter for about a month now give or take and am extremely happy with it overall. I do believe I made the right decision and if you are also worried about the offered protection in comparison to the Defender model, Don't be. The case works like a charm and offers some serious protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone as good as new, June 25, 2013
It is the perfect case to keep the phone perfect. Speakers, usb, volume keys, camera, microphones all work while the phone is in the case.