Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OtterBox COMMUTER SERIES Case for iPhone 5/5s/SE - Retail Packaging - BOOM (POP PINK/VIOLET PURPLE) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 2, 2013
While this may provide good protection, the height of the edges make it very difficult to type and the screen protector was hard to place without bubbles and scratched easily. There was no way I could carry my phone in my pocket with this case on it.
on June 6, 2016
I went from the OtterBox case with belt clip-on on my older iPhone to this style with my newest one to reduce bulk. For that, it serves well. I did not give 5 stars for 2 reasons: 1) two screen filmy covers came with it. I found the first one very difficult to apply and managed to have wrinkles and "grains" between the film and the phone--so I am not using one. 2) the instructions were not written out--just numbered sketches (very small) and I found it difficult to install the case--I still am not sure it is put on correctly.

On the positive side, the covered phone is less bulky and it does seem to be well protected from bumps and drops. However, it is NOT water proof, so a drop into a puddle (or, as it may be, into a toilet) would likely be disastrous! :-)
on April 24, 2016
This case is perfect size, not too bulky and not too thin. Many people at work have this same one. I can still put my 5s in my front pocket of my dress pants, khakis, shorts, and with my jeans it is kind of tight but I just live with it. I have dropped it a couple of times and it has protected it.
I love this case.
on September 22, 2012
I absolutely adored the commuter case for my iPhone 4, but this new one is thick and bulky. It has a very high lip around the screen making it very uncomfortable to use, plus it just looks silly on the super sleek iPhone 5.
on December 2, 2014
I bought this case for my wife to protect her phone from herself. Also it offers some protection from our kids.

I compared this to the lifeproof case series and went back and forth on if I wanted to justify the cost of the gold standard cases for iPhone's (IMO)

I have one for my Blackberry Z30 and have been satisfied with it so far.

It offers a little more than basic level protection (like a silicone only case) without the bulk of going with serious protection like the defender series.

it's a nice happy medium between the 3 case designs. I also think it is a big step up from the thousand of other wannabe cases cases on the market.

I mean do you really want to trust your $600 dollar device to a $10 generic, plastic case?

I was happy to go with an American made product that is great quality and a trusted brand with better than expected wear after 6 months of heavy use.

The case is also easy to get on and off.

If I had to say anything that could be improved with the case is that the plastic lens protection is not as good as a film based product. This comes with the harder type covers not the plastic film style that have worked better for me in the past. The harder plastic styles have a tendency to weather faster and scratch easier in my experience.

The white also tends to absorb colors of grime on your hands so its more of a gray color anymore.

Having worked in wireless for over 7 years, seeing all kinds of different styles, shapes and sizes of cases, Otterbox is a case and brand I have come to trust and I hope you consider them for your next case purchase.

They have worked hard to provide good products to meet your expectations and I think it shows.
on February 18, 2014
My husband and I purchased these for our new iPhone 5s. I got pink and he got black.

I had the Otterbox Defender on my old phone but got sick of the bulkiness and how the screen protector was always dirty. I was hesitant to switch to the lighter Commuter since I do drop my phone a lot. I have dropped it several times with this case - on laminate, concrete, tile, etc - and it has protected my phone every time. The case also fits perfectly and makes all the buttons easily accessible.
on February 25, 2016
I had an Otterbox Defender case on my iPhone 4 and I liked it other than it being so bulky. So I thought I'd give the Commuter series a try for my 5s. I like the colors of the case: the shell is a very vibrant pink and the rubber part is a deep purple (even tho I believe the discription on here claims it's blue). The colors contrast nicely together. I know in true Otterbox form my phone will be protected no matter what but there a few things I'm a little disappointed with. It may be my fault for not reading the product discription closely enough but I was under the impression there was a screen protector attached to the case like the defender series cases. However, this is not the case. There is a very thin plastic protector you have to put on yourself and it was such a pain I gave up and threw it away. Next, the bottom of the case does not fully cover the phone, only the charger and ear bud ports. Which would be fine but the covers are,again, not fully attached to the case so they do not completely seal shut. It was also difficult to get the shell over the rubber peice once I had my phone inside. I was even worried for a minute my phone was not going to fit the way it should. Again, Otterbox cases are very durable and worth the extra money, I was just expecting a little bit more I guess!
on December 27, 2015
I got this as a replacement for the Defender I used on my old phone. I moved to the city and needed something protective but not as hefty as that model. The case holds up well and after adding a shatter-proof screen protector I feel like my phone is pretty indestructible. I honestly don't think this case is much less protective than the Defender and considering how useless the screen protector is on that model I would almost say that pairing this with a better protector is the way to go.

I'd highly recommend, especially considering how responsive Otterbox is with any issues. I had some problems with my last case and they were extremely helpful--they really seem to care about customer satisfaction.
on December 21, 2015
I have bought several of these because they're the most slim truly tough guys around. My phone takes a beating and has never broken when I have this thing on (knock on wood). I've been using one for probably 3 years now. The rubber will eventually give out down at the bottom, from taking it on and off to plug into other devices. But for the price this is an awesome little bit of "insurance" for your phone. I believe my first one lasted a year and a half, and then the second one cracked when I dropped my phone on a rock hiking the canyons in Utah. Bounced about 7 times down a massive rock and I thought for sure my phone would be busted. Nope, just the case! Couldn't believe it. Very happy.
on October 26, 2012
I am returning this case for a few reasons. My main gripe is that the white rubber on the pink/white case got dirty the first day I put the case on just from putting it in my jeans pocket. After a couple phone calls my makeup was also ruining the white rubber. Granted I don't wear a lot of cakey make-up, just a tinted moisturizer. Obviously the white is just not a good idea for a cell phone case that goes up and down and everywhere you go. In addition to it getting dirty so quickly I also did not like the grip on the back. It's plastic with very little texture and it just didn't feel good in my hand. It also started to slide off my nightstand when the phone went off while on vibrate. Yes it provides pretty sleek protection for the phone but that's about it... don't recommend.