5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, sleek case
Introduction
This is the case for those that like the durability of the Otterbox Defender but would prefer something a little more sleek. Since there are a pitiful amount of cases available for the iPod Touch 4g, I highly recommend this case. It is definitely worth the extra cost and will protect your Ipod more than a flimsy silicone $1.99 case...
Published on January 25, 2011 by Four Eyes

2.0 out of 5 stars Color is misleading
The product works great at protecting my daughters iPod! I would give it 5 stars in that aspect. My reasoning for 2 stars is the color. The color of the case in person is much different from the color you see on your computer screen! The hard plastic part, which is what you see the majority of is more of a burgundy color. To me the burgundy color & purple do not...
Published on July 14, 2012 by MrsBFols

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, sleek case, January 25, 2011
Introduction

Description
The case comes with three components: a stretchy silicone piece, a hard plastic piece that fits over the silicone, and a screen protector. Also, a cleaning cloth is included to prep your iPod's screen before applying the protector and a plastic card to smooth down the protector. The case itself has grips on the back right and left hand corners. There are holes on the front and back of the iPod for the cameras as well as an opening that exposes the Apple logo on the back of the device. There are plugs for the headphone and USB port that keep dirt and other debris out of the outlet. The front home button, the top power button, and the side volume buttons are raised.

Positives
The iPod 4g is a very slim and light device, and the Commuter case does not detract from this feature. In fact, the case is actually a lot more streamlined in person than it appears in the product image. The iPod is still very light yet the side grips make it feel more solid and easier to manage in your hands. It is thin enough to easily fit in your pocket, yet the case makes it feel much sturdier. The raised volume and power buttons are easy to press. It is also very attractive to look at; the hole that exposes the Apple logo on the back gives it some real style. The cameras are not obstructed by the case in any way. Also, and most importantly for many Otterbox users, IT IS DOCK COMPATIBLE (at least it is with my Jensen dock). However, it is worth mentioning that it can be a pain to move the USB and headphone plugs out of the way. I actually cut them off (they are soft silicone), because I use the dock a lot and I found them annoying.

Negatives
Although I love this case, I have to admit there are some minor issues. First of all, the exposed Apple logo on the back will inevitably end up scratched at some point. They should really have some kind of clear plastic in the kit to protect it. I suggest sticking a screen protector or some plastic back there. Also, I have to admit that the screen protector is not up to par. I followed the directions but I still ended up with a few bubbles. However, they were only at the outer edges and I found that when I turned the screen on they were hardly visible. In my opinion, it does reduce the quality of the screen display a little bit. It is slightly less bright, but for me it is worth the trade off because when there is a screen this nice it definitely needs a protector. Also, if you shop around, you will see that most of the screen protectors on the market are pretty lame, so I have to say that this one does a pretty great job considering.

Conclusion
If you have an iPod 4g, this case is as good as it gets! It is highly recommended for casual music listeners that feel more comfortable with three layers of protection. It is much more practical for everyday listeners than the Defender case. Basically, it is the best case out there for this device.

UPDATE: After a few weeks of having the screen protector on, the bubbles that were on the screen seem to have smoothed out entirely and are undetectable. I don't know why this happened, but it has definitely made the protector an indispensable part of the case for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Love it More, May 8, 2011
Russell G. Moore (North Ridgeville, OH) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
After having tried several different styles of cases to protect my iPod Touch, I ended my search when I found the Otterbox Commuter.

The first thing I'd like to remark on is the screen protector. Now, I own a Kindle and a Nook so I've had a lot of experience with aftermarket products like screen protectors. The screen protector provided with the Otterbox Commuter is hands-down the best screen protector I've ever seen. It fits perfectly, applies easily, is beyond durable - won't scratch or bubble - and is completely undetectable after application.

The two-piece construction of the main case is easy to apply, snaps together well, everything goes exactly in place. The buttons all work just as they should. After application, your iPod is virtually unexposed. The case covers and protects it securely. If your iPod needs more protection than the Commuter provides, then I don't think you should bring it with you. I don't quite understand the hole in the back to expose the Apple logo. It doesn't hurt anything, it's just a little weird.

Maybe the best thing about the Otterbox is that, no matter how you hold the iPod, you have a good grip on it. Knowing you can only use one hand to hold it while the other hand touches the screen, this is huge. It's obviously designed with that concept in mind.

The Otterbox gives the iPod a tough, durable feel. The case is so well-constructed that it appears to be one with the iPod. The colors are very nice too. I chose black on black, but they're all cool.

In the end, I couldn't be happier with the Otterbox. For me, there's no better choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Otter Box, August 21, 2012
This is one of the best iPod cases I have ever purchased! I have dropped my iPod with this case on many times and there are no scratches even on the case. Great case!

5.0 out of 5 stars OtterBox for grandson., September 23, 2012
Purchased an OtterBox for my personal IPod 4th gen, liked the quality and durability so much the grandson got one as well. Not too bulky just right
for a shirt or pants pocket. Crashed a good IPod 4th gen and won't be with
out an OtterBox on future products. Outstanding fit and feel !
One suggestion though either on the OtterBox or IPod would be a lanyard point.
Other than that 5 stars and 2 thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection A+, September 17, 2012
I recently purchased a brand new 4th generation iPod touch and wanted the best protection my money could buy. I have seen SO many iPod/iPhone owners with cracked and shattered screens, and was determined to avoid this happening to mine. After a little research and some suggestions from friends, I found the otterbox. I have been overall very pleased with it since it arrived in the mail. I have not actually dropped my iPod since I bought it, which is good, but I do feel like it is well protected. the front of the case sets the screen back so it will never touch the ground if dropped screen down. Also, the two layer system does insure that the iPod is protected. I did have a little trouble getting the case on as it is literally skin tight. This product, as purchased on amazon, came with a screen protector as well. A+ for protection, and the two color purple theme makes it an A+ in design too!

4.0 out of 5 stars love it!, November 28, 2011
This review is from: OtterBox Commuter Series Case for iPod touch 4G (Pink) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Love it! Got it right away! Screen protector went on easy but still have one little bubble I can't get out. (no big deal)
To the people who said the piece that covers the head phone plug doesn't stay shut - Bogus! It has a little piece you stick in the hole. I don't have any problems with it.
The piece that covers the charging area does get in the way a little bit when using in my speaker but not an issue. Ya bend it back... duh.
Only thing I would say is the white doesn't stay "pretty" white because it is rubber so it looks stained after a while (especially if you let you kids use your iPod like I do)It cleans us good just doesn't look like it did when it came out the box ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one by far in my opinion....., November 19, 2012
Craig L. Kelley "CLK" (Jackson, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Purchased this item after previously purchasing an Otterbox Commuter version for my Motorola Droid Maxx. Case seems to be the best by far of any other case I considered in that it is rugged, good looking without being gaudy looking and definitely protects the vulnerable glass faced Ipod. Does not allow plugging in to standard Ipod accessories in the conventional sense without an adapter cable or plug but this is a small price to pay to know your investment is protected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, December 10, 2011
Came when promised, just as described. Excellent product.
Not as sturdy as a IPhone Otter Box but sturdy enough to protect
and IPod Touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool as well as functional, February 13, 2013
My 12 year old son bought this case. Its great, protects his investment and looks cool. I would definitly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Otterbox everything, December 7, 2012
If otterbox makes a cover for it just buy it. I dropped my ipod touch over a banister (accident) about 18 feet with this exact case when i went down and picked it up it was still working.

I put these cases on everything I own

Rate and Discover Movies