Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OtterBox COMMUTER WALLET SERIES Case for iPhone 5/5s/SE - Retail Packaging - BLACK
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 9, 2013
I took a chance on this case- I had an Otterbox Defender for my iPhone 5 which I loved but I was intrigued by the idea of not having to carry a wallet for the essentials (driver license, credit card, debit card, and some Cash).

I can fit 3 cards in this case plus two folded bills of Cash. My "go to" card is always on top (it's the easiest to get out) and the case does exactly what I want it to do- carries the essentials so I grab my phone and go. It also protects my phone (it's the Commuter series, so it's not quite as rugged as the Defender but overall it's about the same size which isn't bad at all).

The cards inside are very secure and the case is designed so it's impossible for your stuff to fall out. My one complaint was that the screen protector it came with had stickers on it that didn't peel off cleanly and made it pretty much worthless so I don't use it- but I'm so satisfied with the case that it doesn't affect me giving it 5 stars.
22 comments|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2014
My husband ordered one of these for each of us. He's had a few different covers that are cover/wallet combination. The concept is great. You have your phone, an ID card, and a credit card. Perfect for when you need to save space in your purse, or just want to grab your phone and get out of the house. In the past, he's tried the Speck case, as well as the "Safe Wallet" case. However, since I have a tendency to be a little (READ: A LOT) rough on my phone, dropping it multiple times a day and burying it under piles of crap in my purse, I have to have a protective cover, and was never able to use that awesome phone/wallet combination. However, this phone cover is perfect for me. I had an Otterbox commuter case on my iPhone 4, and it was perfect. My phone definitely held up. So when we came across this cover on amazon, we ordered two. They're very easy to put on, very affordable, and very reliable. It easily holds two credit cards and a folded up bill, or three full cards. The case is snug and fits the phone perfectly, allowing easy access to all the external buttons, and the dust covers close up snuggly to protect all your ports and connections. If you're one those people though, that takes your cover off frequently, (to put on speakers or dock in your car), then this is likely not the right phone for you, as the case can be time consuming to put on and take off all the time. But if you're looking for an easy way to grab your phone and go, knowing that it's well protected, this is the perfect phone case for you.
on November 30, 2015
Overall decent experience.
Pros:
- Good protection
- Otterbox brand

Cons:
- Not enough storage
- Bulky given the storage is only 3 cards
- Not flexible design. Same bulk even if only have single card inside.
- Plastic. Prefer more natural or natural feeling materials

I’m sending this case back and will go back to my original iPhone 5 wallet case. I much prefer this wallet case mainly for

- Ability to stay slim while holding 8 cards and cash
Flexibly and expandable design, allows to stay ultra slim when you have 1-2 cards and expand when you add more cards and cash
Leather feel

It comes in beautiful Tan and Black colours and available for iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
on December 14, 2015
I have had this case for barely a month and it has proven to be great time and time again. While this case is not only convenient, it is stylish and durable. I dropped my phone three times in the past three weeks and it still looks brand new. I dropped it on tile, on gravel, and it even fell under my car while I was stepping out of the door and it plopped out of my pocket. My one complaint is that it does not fit nicely in my dashboard mount because it is too thick. But, it was NOT made for that so I cannot take away stars for that. My mom kept telling me it looked really thick to hold comfortably but I disagree, maybe if you have smaller hands that could pose as an issue, but for me, it was not.

Great product, awesome price, definitely would buy again!
review image review image review image review image
on August 1, 2015
Note: I did not buy this case from Amazon, but directly off the Otterbox website. I just thought my review will also be useful in Amazon customers!

BE WARNED - unless you like your iPhone to be damaged, DO NOT BUY THIS CASE. I only had it for 2 months before the case put a dent in my lock button, making it difficult to lock my phone now. Of course, Otterbox wouldn't own up to the damages either, claiming that I couldn't prove it wasn't broken before I got the case (which it wasn't). You can see clearly on the inside of the case that there are groves put in right over the lock key, which is what caused the giant dent.
Unlike a lot of people, I actually own my iPhone and it isn't attached to a plan that'll cover the costs to fix it. That was the reason I bought an Otterbox in the first place, because I thought it would have the ultimate protection for my phone. I was so wrong though. Don't make my same mistake!!
review image
on January 9, 2014
I wanted a simple, elegant white case to go with my iPhone5 that has a good handgrip and I finally found it. It makes the phone slimmer and it fits perfectly.
on January 17, 2015
Have tried most of the battery cases, and this is the one that will protect your phone. It loses a star for being so very hard to remove. Comfortable, good form factor. Smaller battery, but that makes it lighter. I think it's a good trade off.

If you need to take the phone out of its case often, this isn't the case for you.
on June 10, 2014
This certainly is not an Otterbox, but is pretty nice. I don't see this withstanding the abuse an Otterbox would, but it offers WAT more protection than a standard case. Worth the money and seems well made.
on October 28, 2015
I have used this since it has come out, and I have loved every minute of it. It has allowed me to completely cut the need for caring around a wallet. Even with the added bulk it is still small enough to fit into my pants pocket or jacket pocket without being obtrusive. I hope otter box continues and expands this series to include the 6s Plus.
review image
on November 26, 2014
I love this case, but I couldn't find a good size comparison online, so this is my review. I wasn't sure about the size of the case compared to the Defender series case I had before and the regular commuter case my wife had, until I was able to track one down in a Best Buy mobile store (which the employee tried telling me this case didn't exist). This case is a nice middle ground, just a little thicker than the Defender, yet keeping the same smaller footprint of the commuter. I was extremely disappointed in the durability of the rubber butter shell of the Defender, over the course of 8 months the rubber at the bottom began to severely separate from the rest of the case forming a hanging lip that drove me crazy. The hard plastic butter case and rubber inner liner of the commuter held up much better over the same period, even with my wife dropping her phone my more often (which is where the case finally gave in and the plastic around the bottom broke). With the compact card compartment on the commuter wallet, it feels much more ergonomic in your hand, and I have been able to go completely wallet-less for over a week now, I keep my driver's license, work ID, a debit card, and a $20 bill with no issues. If you are worried about the bulk of this case and are okay with the size of the defender case or similarly sized cases, I think you will be extremely happy with the enhanced functionality of this case.
review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse